Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BCS Predictions!

Started by Dionysos25, November 12, 2011, 10:37:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dionysos25

November 12, 2011, 10:37:25 pm Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:54:19 pm by Dionysos25
lsu
okst
ala
oreg
okla
ark
stan
houston
clemson
boise
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

hawkhawg

Quote from: Dionysos25 on November 12, 2011, 10:37:25 pm
lsu
okst
ala
oreg
okla
ark
stan
boise
houston
clemson

No way boise stays in top ten

Razor6

I'm still looking forward to a top 5 day for Arkansas!   Thank you CBP!!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

primetimesambo

Gotta think Stanford falls further than that...pretty embarrassing.

razorfan84

No way Boise is in the top ten.

Bogghawg

Quote from: Dionysos25 on November 12, 2011, 10:37:25 pm
lsu
okst
ala
oreg
okla
ark
stan
boise
houston
clemson

Hogs - 5, OU - 6.
Boise out of top 10
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

GB-Razorback

Quote from: primetimesambo on November 12, 2011, 10:42:55 pm
Gotta think Stanford falls further than that...pretty embarrassing.

I agree with your sentiment but think that the powers that be will still push Luck for Heisman and so Stanford will stay in the top 10
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

Ragnar Hogbrok

No way Boise St. is in the top ten.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Mr. Porkleone

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma State
3. Bama
4. Oregon
5. Arkansas
6. Oklahoma
7. Clemson
8. Stanford

13. Boise State

jikhead

Hogs no worse than #6.  Hopefully we can jump OU to #5 since they had a bye this week.

cubsfan5150

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 12, 2011, 10:56:39 pm
1. LSU
2. Oklahoma State
3. Bama
4. Oregon
5. Arkansas
6. Oklahoma
7. Clemson
8. Stanford

13. Boise State

The computers will be the deciding factor on Arkansas moving past OU, and I don't think they'll do it this week.

The way I see it, the Hogs almost control their own destiny... I really think OU will beat OSU.  OU has the D to contain OSU, the same cannot be said the other way.  If the Hogs win out, they'll jump OU and Oregon, so the only hurdle will be Bama.  Does LSU drop behind Bama if we beat LSU?  No clue.  If they don't, we could be bowling in New Orleans, if they do, we'll have to hope GA beats Bama.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Gas Can

No way Boise St. is in the top ten.

Gas Can

TTech's a$$ whipping should move OU below us based on SOS

HiggiePiggy

Lsu
Osu
Alabama
Oregon
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Clemson
Va tech
Stanford
Houston
Georgia
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bobetty

Texas Longhorn's latest embarrassing loss also hurts the Sooners. 

josh_sec33

1. LSU
2. Okie Light
3. Bama
4. Oregon
5/6. Ark/OU (I really don't know how this will end up. I think it will depend on how many computers have Oregon jump OU.)
7. Clemson
8. Stanford
9. Va Tech
10. Houston
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

bobetty

Lou Holtz just said that Oregon was better than LSU. 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on November 12, 2011, 11:03:49 pm
I really think OU will beat OSU.  OU has the D to contain OSU, the same cannot be said the other way.

OU's Defense couldn't contain Texas Tech.  The Oklahoma State/OU game will be in Stillwater.  There are some people across the Country who may feel that Oklahoma State has a better set of WRs than we do (even though I don't agree with that).  Also, Oklahoma State's OL was the #2 ranked OL in the Nation coming into the Season. 

Additionally, OU losing Broyles is going to hurt OU.  He was their main option in their Offense. 

Donny2665

Quote from: jikhead on November 12, 2011, 11:02:58 pm
Hogs no worse than #6.  Hopefully we can jump OU to #5 since they had a bye this week.

And with TT getting hammered by OSU, that should hurt them in the SOS.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

DEVIL DOG HOG

Remember that one BCS spot goes to a team that is not in a conference that  receives an automatic qualifier.  Right now that team appears to be Houston.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

GuvHog

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma State
3. Oregon
4. Alabama
5. Arkansas
6. Oklahoma
7. Virginia Tech
8. Clemson
9. Georgia
10. Stanford
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

cubsfan5150

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on November 12, 2011, 11:53:16 pm
Remember that one BCS spot goes to a team that is not in a conference that  receives an automatic qualifier.  Right now that team appears to be Houston.

I'm rather certain that this is false.  I could be wrong, but I've never heard of this.

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on November 13, 2011, 12:15:25 am
I'm rather certain that this is false.  I could be wrong, but I've never heard of this.

Heard it on the radio tonight and I remember when Bosie State and TCU were complaining about being left out of the BCS it was changed.  It could have been made to prevent a law suit by teams in non AQ conferences.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

HawgPound

1 LSU
2 Oklahoma State
3 Alabama
4 Oregon
5 Oklahoma
6 Stanford
7 Arkansas
8 Clemson
9 Virginia Tech
10 Houston

I hate it as much as anyone but I expect Stanford to stay in front of Arkansas. I also do not expect Oklahoma to fall behind Arkansas on a bye week. They are darlings in the computer ranking for some reason. I don't know, maybe the TT blow out will drop them but it would not surprise me all that much if they some how stay in front of Oregon.  :o

GuvHog

GuvHog

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on November 13, 2011, 12:15:25 am

I believe they have to finish in the top 5 of the BCS poll for that to happen.

cubsfan5150

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on November 13, 2011, 12:29:09 am
Heard it on the radio tonight and I remember when Bosie State and TCU were complaining about being left out of the BCS it was changed.  It could have been made to prevent a law suit by teams in non AQ conferences.

3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or,
  B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

No more than one such team from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, and the Western Athletic Conference shall earn an automatic berth in any year. (Note: a second team may be eligible for at-large eligibility as noted below.) If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be considered for at-large selection if it meets the criteria.

ZAP743

ESPN's Projected rankings have Arkansas at #5.

GuvHog

Quote from: Ar_Hog on November 13, 2011, 12:38:27 am
Blow U has been rated higher than Arkansas all season

FALSE. OU dropped below Arkansas for a couple of weeks after their loss to T Tech.

Dionysos25

Quote from: ZAP743 on November 13, 2011, 12:39:55 am
ESPN's Projected rankings have Arkansas at #5.

can you link that?
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

Beaverfever

Quote from: HawgPound on November 13, 2011, 12:31:46 am
1 LSU
2 Oklahoma State
3 Alabama
4 Oregon
5 Oklahoma
6 Stanford
7 Arkansas
8 Clemson
9 Virginia Tech
10 Houston

I hate it as much as anyone but I expect Stanford to stay in front of Arkansas. I also do not expect Oklahoma to fall behind Arkansas on a bye week. They are darlings in the computer ranking for some reason. I don't know, maybe the TT blow out will drop them but it would not surprise me all that much if they some how stay in front of Oregon.  :o
Stanford has zero chance of staying above arkansas.  I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about that.

Danny J

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 12, 2011, 10:56:39 pm
1. LSU
2. Oklahoma State
3. Bama
4. Oregon
5. Arkansas
6. Oklahoma
7. Clemson
8. Stanford

13. Boise State
Exactly my thoughts. It would be a travesty if OU is still ahead of us. I think the bye week for OU allows us to match the total games which should help us with the computers especially with the beating TTU took today. If the pollsters continue to put them ahead of us then they need to be examined. They lost at home to a terrible TTU team. We lost on the road to the #3 team. There is no comparison. There is not even an argument to be made.

huthut

The computers will be the deciding factor on Arkansas moving past OU, and I don't think they'll do it this week.

The way I see it, the Hogs almost control their own destiny... I really think OU will beat OSU.  OU has the D to contain OSU, the same cannot be said the other way.  If the Hogs win out, they'll jump OU and Oregon, so the only hurdle will be Bama.  Does LSU drop behind Bama if we beat LSU?  No clue.  If they don't, we could be bowling in New Orleans, if they do, we'll have to hope GA beats Bama.
Would that be the same Sooner D that held Texas Tech down? Sooners can't
stop ANYbody that throws the ball. Best count on someone else beating the
Cowboys, because OU sure as hell isn't going to do it. Stanford will drop out
of the top 10 after that loss. And although Luck may be having a love affair
with the Heisman voters, 2 interceptions, a lost fumble, and an old fashioned
azz whupin ain't gonna keep that over rated team in the top 10. Bama's liable
to drop a spot after that showing against Miss St. Ok St. will pick up more
number 1 votes this week after thrashing the team that beat the Sooners.
Where ever Boise falls to, Luck and his fallen Tree will be one spot above.
The way we dropped after beating a top ten SC last week, don't be surprised to
see Clemson jump past us. Not saying we go down, but don't be shocked. All you
Boise haters best be putting the shift over to Houston now, because as sorry a
schedule that Boise might have had, Houston's just might be weaker than UCA's.
With Joe's punt return and Jarius' great tip drill catch all over the place, we might
sneak into 6th, but I won't be the least bit surprised if 7th is as high as we go this week.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Gas Can on November 12, 2011, 11:32:13 pm

Yeah . . . except for that debacle in Oxford. SoS is pretty much a wash.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

jesterzzn

Doesn't matter so long as we move ahead of Stanford and Boise.  Everything else is just temporary.

DSmithNPS

BCSGuru.com has the Hogs projected at #6 still behind the Sooners. Alabama moving up to #3. Going to be tough getting ahead of Alabama without a Bama loss.

lunchbox72703

I'm not sure of what our ranking will be...but Houston worries me as the one team that could keep us in the latter half of the top ten.

razorbackcpa

Quite the opposite, the polls are where we suffer. With Boise State and Stanford losing, those voters have to vote for someone else now. Who are they going to turn to? Oklahoma, who didn't play, or Arkansas, who won 49-7 and lit up the highlight reels for the week.

VoR

Quote from: GUVHOG on November 13, 2011, 12:37:03 am
I believe they have to finish in the top 5 of the BCS poll for that to happen.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bcs_selection_procedures.html

3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

No more than one such team from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, and the Western Athletic Conference shall earn an automatic berth in any year. (Note: a second team may be eligible for at-large eligibility as noted below.) If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be considered for at-large selection if it meets the criteria.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

GuvHog

Quote from: VoR on November 13, 2011, 07:59:36 am
http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bcs_selection_procedures.html

Yeah, I saw that. Someone posted it last night but I appreciate your reply.

DEVIL DOG HOG

The Big East is an AQ conference. I don't see a Big East team ranked higher then Houston, see part "B" above.  The Big East helped the non AQ conferences last year.  Again they will send a team to a BCS bowl that has no business playing in a BCS bowl.

GO GREEN!

Hog Waller

Really hoping OU's loss to TT is now seen for what it was, thus they stay at 6, we jump to 5.

One can only hope.

FANONTHEHILL

It probably won't happen this way, but OU should definitely fall below the Hogs.  Their loss is to 5-5 overall, 2-5 in the Big 12 Texas Tech.  Stanford should drop below us since their only wins over top 25 teams were USC and Washington.  Boise will drop like a stone.

My top 10:
LSU
OK St
Bama
Oregon
Arkansas
OU
Stanford
Clemson
VA Tech
Houston (the new Boise)  No right to be here
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

HotlantaHog

Clemson should drop after its embarassing win at home vs Wake. And Virginia Tech should move up.

Oklahoma should drop too as its loss become even more humiliating -- worst loss of any of the one-loss teams (sorry to bring up as I know there is another thread on this.)

Alabama should have dropped more after its loss to LSU AT HOME -- there could be some payback and a drop this week after a close in the first half win vs MSU.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Gas Can on November 12, 2011, 11:32:13 pm

Quote from: Hackett Hog Fan on November 12, 2011, 11:50:39 pm

And with TT getting hammered by OSU, that should hurt them in the SOS.

Tech's loss won't affect OU's SOS, as they play both teams in that game.  Losses mainly affect your SOS in regards to OOC play.

Now Tech's demolition may affect OU in the computers since they lost AT HOME to a team getting stomped every game since.  It should affect OU in their human polls, but people are stupid and blind loyalties within the Big 12-? won't change their votes.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 13, 2011, 10:00:39 am
Alabama should have dropped more after its loss to LSU AT HOME --

Nope.  They won everywhere but on the scoreboard, and that with some very key injuries in the game.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858