Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Macon off the bench

Started by Rbill, January 14, 2018, 12:01:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbill

Maybe I missed this conversation somewhere but what do you think?
Was Macon in the doghouse for something? I didn't hear it addressed on the radio so I assume people are only saying we're experimenting with rotation or something, but what do you think? Did I miss an announced punishment or something?

My opinion is it worked. We played really well to start the game with Macon on the bench, and Macon came out and seemed to bring some defensive intensity and it was good having him out there fresh with other bench players. It looks like he got 8 assists, which is awesome. Seems like a good role for him. I just don't know what to think about this dribble around and don't pass 3 pt attempt we do before every half and end of game.

greenEGnHAWGS

The announcers mentioned that MA wanted more of a spark coming from the bench and it did seem to help.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

makiavelli

Not sure if true or not but someone mentioned seeing Macon roll his eyes at something coach Anderson was telling him in a timeout during the previous game. If true wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with it.
Wally Hall is an angry lil guy

FATHAWG08

It's more than Macon not starting. There is some bad mojo going on with this team since conference play started. We need to get back to sharing the ball and creating easy baskets. It seems the bigger the game the more our guards play out of control and take very selfish shots. We play our best when our guards get the ball to Gafford for easy baskets which then creates open looks for our shooters and sets up our defense to be more effective in creating our opponents to play faster than they want too.
I love off season Football!!

popcornhog

Quote from: makiavelli on January 14, 2018, 12:14:06 am
Not sure if true or not but someone mentioned seeing Macon roll his eyes at something coach Anderson was telling him in a timeout during the previous game. If true wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with it.

It was s tweak in the rotation to bring more scoring capability off of the bench.
WPS

TexArkHogFan

Watch the interview at the top of the jump ball board.  Macon said there was nothing going on and that it didn't bother him.  Anderson said in his interview, it's not who starts but playing time is what matters most.  He said he had eight or nine starters on his team.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Pancetta

If Macon is willing to pass to Gafford then start him and bring Beard off the bench. Not many bigs are going to be able to defend that pick and roll properly.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Kevin

Quote from: Pancetta on January 14, 2018, 02:05:17 am
If Macon is willing to pass to Gafford then start him and bring Beard off the bench. Not many bigs are going to be able to defend that pick and roll properly.

Like it.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dominicanhog

We're cruising down the road and hit a pot hole, Mike's looking for combo's that work and he can use at different times.. he's bringing DH along nicely, imo.... KG would have been doing the same thing.. our 3 born razorbacks are all upgrades to our team...

We are not as talented as many of us wanted to believe.. we need all hands on deck... 9 wins or less is very possible... that said we're a good team that can still be a very good team at tournament time.. that's what all these combo's are about...

nichc85

During the last game when Coach Anderson was mic'd up he stopped talking to the team and said " look at me Darrel." Couple that with the reportedvrolling of the eyes and it appears that there are attitude adjustments underway. If I were Coach Anderson and facing 20 point losses at home I would lose with kids who did it my way.

jbigs77

What is bothering me has been our shooting %. Both in the field and on the FT line. Seen more bad shots and air balls the last 3 games than all year put together. A lot of the shots were wide open. Most all the players are at fault, not just 1 or 2. They need to quit reading about how good they are/was and start playing ball.

razorpimp

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on January 14, 2018, 02:02:46 am
Watch the interview at the top of the jump ball board.  Macon said there was nothing going on and that it didn't bother him.  Anderson said in his interview, it's not who starts but playing time is what matters most.  He said he had eight or nine starters on his team.

Eight or nine starters hahaha!! Three guys on this team could start for almost all teams....the other 6 players not so much

zebradynasty

Two things Macon's defense has been the worst of the worst among guards and the second unit needed a lift offensively since Jones has lost confidence in his shot.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 14, 2018, 07:04:45 am
We're cruising down the road and hit a pot hole, Mike's looking for combo's that work and he can use at different times.. he's bringing DH along nicely, imo.... KG would have been doing the same thing.. our 3 born razorbacks are all upgrades to our team...

We are not as talented as many of us wanted to believe.. we need all hands on deck... 9 wins or less is very possible... that said we're a good team that can still be a very good team at tournament time.. that's what all these combo's are about...