Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Happy 4th and 25 day!

Started by Razorbackers, April 25, 2017, 11:39:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackers

goodguytex

One of the greatest hog football game moments in recent history.  Hearing chuck doing play by play of that really makes me miss Paul eels that much more. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

UAfanatic

Calling All Hogs

Great Hog win that served justice on the cheatin' Ole Missers by keeping them out of the SEC Championship game.

bennyl08

I'm still a fan of the name "Hail Hunter", but "Hunter Heave" still has alliteration so can't complain.

That was by far the craziest game I've ever watched.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

DeltaBoy

Ole Myth fans still have nightmares over this play.  Hugh Frezze can be found with his teddy black bear sucking his thumb when he forced to watch this.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Razorbackers

One of the greatest joys in my life will be knowing that Swag Kelly never beat us lol

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 25, 2017, 02:18:52 pm
I'm still a fan of the name "Hail Hunter", but "Hunter Heave" still has alliteration so can't complain.

Stick to science, let us art majors handle this one...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on April 25, 2017, 04:14:47 pm
One of the greatest joys in my life will be knowing that Swag Kelly never beat us lol
Absolutely.

I love that we kept them out of the championship game

PorkRinds

You're a big fan of acronyms. My favorite was when you tried to get www, the World Wide Web, for Williams, Whaley, and Walker. I lol'd.

PorkSoda

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 25, 2017, 07:37:51 pm
You're a big fan of acronyms. My favorite was when you tried to get www, the World Wide Web, for Williams, Whaley, and Walker. I lol'd.
so he should just shorten it to the HHHH (Hail Hunter Henry Heave)
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogs run wild

let's also not forget this by the ole fans... haha
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

greenie

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 25, 2017, 07:51:14 pm
so he should just shorten it to the HHHH (Hail Hunter Henry Heave)

Isn't 4H club an actual thing?
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hawgmasta

Quote from: Hogs run wild on April 25, 2017, 08:11:28 pm
let's also not forget this by the ole fans... haha

Lol; happy 4/25 day.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 25, 2017, 07:37:51 pm

Should I go for equations?

Run = Whaley*Williams^2?

Also, I've seen at least one other person use www to label RW3, Whaley, and Maleek.

I'm not crazy (my mother had me tested).

PorkRinds

bennyl08

Quote from: greenie on April 25, 2017, 09:38:37 pm
Another view of the same play.

https://i.imgur.com/lA5W6Kz.mp4

priceless...

I love the guy on the right who's jumping. He misses the heave and our recovery turning around to try and encourage more cheering. When he faces the field again, his face says sadness, but his legs never stop jumping.

clew

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 25, 2017, 11:38:26 pm
I love the guy on the right who's jumping. He misses the heave and our recovery turning around to try and encourage more cheering. When he faces the field again, his face says sadness, but his legs never stop jumping.

Or the somewhat attractive blonde who is utterly clueless standing next to the girl in the striped sweater. She missed the whole thing.
Pure as the dawn

Razorbackers

priceless...

Every face is a different story with the same ending. It's so beautiful.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: goodguytex on April 25, 2017, 11:44:23 am
One of the greatest hog football game moments in recent history. Hearing chuck doing play by play of that really makes me miss Paul eels that much more. 

Yep.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

greenEGnHAWGS

Where's the GIF of the Ole Miss fans during that play?! Watching there faces going from escalation to deflation is just awesome!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

pigture perfect

Ole Miss fans are still in the "Surrender Cobra" stance. Happy 4/25 day everyone.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

bob slydell

So if you observe this in April, what do you celebrate on the date the game actually occurred?
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

NoogaHog

My favorite is the guy in the tie over the right shoulder of the the slack-jawed girl in the striped sweater. He is laughing and screaming and then it goes to repeated "D@mn!" AMAZING!

Of course the absolute gobsmacked look of slackjaw girl is priceless in itself.

And the look of disgust and apathy of the hot blonde on the left who didn't really want to be there anyway.

And the ginger guy in the back who is still waving his pom-pom of hope after everyone else has accepted the truth.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

NoogaHog

Quote from: Bob Slydell on April 26, 2017, 10:49:11 am
So if you observe this in April, what do you celebrate on the date the game actually occurred?

Continue the streak.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Pigsknuckles

I still like the "Hunter Heave" even though it sounds like a bad end to a frat party.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Razorbackers

Hopefully another win over the rebel black bears.

Youngsta71701

priceless...
Now that's funny. It's amazing how facial expressions say so much without a word being spoken.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

This is what I was thinking. I think it should be on whatever date it happened.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

PorkSoda

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 26, 2017, 03:43:14 pm
This is what I was thinking. I think it should be on whatever date it happened.
I don't know, I think it was pretty clever to chose 4-25

I don't think anyone is really going to remember the exact date that it happened off the top of their head. 

Plus it gives us something to celebrate during the off season.  people will be too focused on current events during the season.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 25, 2017, 11:00:42 pm
Isn't 4H club an actual thing?
I think so, but honestly I think the best name for it is "4th and 25" there will never be another "4th and 25" play to match it.  this thread is proof that just everyone knows what "4th and 25" refers to.

PorkSoda

and the play involved a lot more players than just Hunter Henry,  without BA's throw, Skippers Tip, Collins' Run, all the guys that blocked for him.  the game would have ended.

SoCal Hog

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 26, 2017, 03:57:34 pm
and the play involved a lot more players than just Hunter Henry,  without BA's throw, Skippers Tip, Collins' Run, all the guys that blocked for him.  the game would have ended.
And don't forget Dominique Reed recovered Collins' fumble.
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Let us not forget the awesome performance that Brandon Allen had that day:

33/45 passing for 442 yards and 6 touchdowns -

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

preachr

rljjr

The single most improbable event to happen, given the down and distance. LOVED IT. All of the videos are epic. The OM fan crying about the rules, the OM fans live reaction, the live Razorback Band reaction. That will NEVER get old. WPS!!!

go hogues

As someone who despises that school and its fans, it puts a big smile on my face knowing that we denied them the one legit chance they will ever have for an SEC Championship and appearance in the CFP.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

PorkRinds

Quote from: rljjr on April 27, 2017, 08:07:12 am
The single most improbable event to happen, given the down and distance. LOVED IT. All of the videos are epic. The OM fan crying about the rules, the OM fans live reaction, the live Razorback Band reaction. That will NEVER get old. WPS!!!

We even had a local ole miss fan on here crying about the rules for weeks! Even after he was proven wrong. So glorious.

Razorbackers

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 27, 2017, 09:08:04 am
We even had a local ole miss fan on here crying about the rules for weeks! Even after he was proven wrong. So glorious.

I've never seen people try so hard to claim that something literally everyone knows is legal is illegal.

It's a LATERAL. lol.

Also, the TV commentators still INFURIATE me to listen to. They literally said it was incomplete after Henry threw it backward.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Razorbackers on April 27, 2017, 09:30:59 am
I've never seen people try so hard to claim that something literally everyone knows is legal is illegal.

It's a LATERAL. lol.

Also, the TV commentators still INFURIATE me to listen to. They literally said it was incomplete after Henry threw it backward.

Yep. Even saw some create a new "you can't lateral on 4th down" rule to claim it was illegal. So much fun.

Razorbackers

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 27, 2017, 09:33:51 am
Yep. Even saw some create a new "you can't lateral on 4th down" rule to claim it was illegal. So much fun.