Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally put a cam up at my place in Clinton *Crows!*

Started by theFlyingHog, February 14, 2015, 10:45:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

People like to steal things up around Clinton so the brother and I were hesitant to risk a game cam. We finally left it up for a week over a couple bags of corn poured on the ground. I was excited to find no corn and 250+ pics on the cam yesterday

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

grayhawg

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 14, 2015, 10:45:41 am
People like to steal things up around Clinton so the brother and I were hesitant to risk a game cam. We finally left it up for a week over a couple bags of corn poured on the ground. I was excited to find no corn and 250+ pics on the cam yesterday
Try to find someplace where the corn is not too easily seen from the air, but once the crows find it it is time to move the corn. Or feeders like these are not expensive at all and simple to make with pvc pipe and fittings. The coons will find them but they aren't as bad as crows.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 14, 2015, 12:12:20 pm
Nothing but crows ate 100lbs of corn?
Had 8 pics of five deer. They put a hurt on it but the crows ate the large portion

PharmacistHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 14, 2015, 06:50:15 pm
Had 8 pics of five deer. They put a hurt on it but the crows ate the large portion

Did you just dump it or strow it?  Crows seem to have a harder time eating it up when I pitch it rather than dumping it.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 14, 2015, 09:14:11 pm
Did you just dump it or strow it?  Crows seem to have a harder time eating it up when I pitch it rather than dumping it.
Just dumped it about 2" deep

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.