Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beaver Lake Crappie Tourney

Started by lahawg1, April 20, 2015, 07:08:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lahawg1

Is anyone fishing it this weekend? Too far for me to drive and they just had one in North Louisiana this past weekend.

Jeremy T

I fished it last year. Decided $200 entry fee is too much for me this year. Weigh in changed to fayetteville this year, was at prairie creek last year. Very competitive tournament for those that are fishing, good luck and fish on.

rcopela

If its actually this wknd, be careful as the FLW is this wknd also, lots of fast boat traffic..

hogbud

Quote from: rcopela on April 21, 2015, 11:07:42 am
If its actually this wknd, be careful as the FLW is this wknd also, lots of fast boat traffic..

Could get interesting when some dude spider rigging cuts off an FLW angler....see it all the time with locals....of course we're not fishing for a $125,000 prize

jkstock04

Not sure how a crappie tournament works but I have found a spot the past 3 weekends where they were absolutely stacked up. As in two guys catching a limit within a couple of hours. Big females...I caught a couple that went over 15 inches. Best crappie fishing I have ever dreamed of on Beaver.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

lahawg1

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 21, 2015, 09:46:50 pm
Not sure how a crappie tournament works but I have found a spot the past 3 weekends where they were absolutely stacked up. As in two guys catching a limit within a couple of hours. Big females...I caught a couple that went over 15 inches. Best crappie fishing I have ever dreamed of on Beaver.

These are the rules for the tourney

http://www.crappiemasters.net/home/2014-bass-pro-shops-crappie-masters-tournament-schedule/rules-entry-from

jdelo77

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 21, 2015, 09:46:50 pm

It's been a good year so far for crappie on beaver !!!

jkstock04

Quote from: lahawg1 on April 22, 2015, 04:51:17 pm
These are the rules for the tourney

http://www.crappiemasters.net/home/2014-bass-pro-shops-crappie-masters-tournament-schedule/rules-entry-from
I stopped at achoholic beverages not allowed...that makes the fun level go down too far in my book. I like having a few sudds when I'm in the boat fishing!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: jdelo77 on April 22, 2015, 05:26:56 pm
It's been a good year so far for crappie on beaver !!!
I wonder if the spawn is about over with? I have been catching them in 5-8 ft of water. I would bet this weekend they will start getting deeper than that. But I'm no expert really...I just got lucky and found a hot stretch where you could about catch them with a bare hook it seemed.

That first weekend I actually had gone out with the intent of strictly finding the white bass and catching a mess of them...to my surprise I found the crappie.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jdelo77

They are moving deeper , I'm not sure they are all spawned out yet !!!! Last week we had a few males we could see moving our jigs off beds , so I don't think they all done yet ..

Hog1952

Quote from: Jeremy T on April 20, 2015, 07:51:01 pm
I fished it last year. Decided $200 entry fee is too much for me this year. Weigh in changed to fayetteville this year, was at prairie creek last year. Very competitive tournament for those that are fishing, good luck and fish on.
$200. Was too much for me also.