Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody have one of these pistols? If so, what do you think?

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, April 08, 2015, 09:00:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

theFlyingHog

ThisTeetsTaken

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on April 09, 2015, 12:25:52 pm
Did you shoot one?
I shot an old military issue about 15yrs ago. I liked it a lot but the sights left a bit to be desired

95_alum

My buddy has one that I shot (the blued version). He invited me to go to the range with him for his first shots. It never went bang. Sent it back to Remington to look at it. Apparently it left the factory with the incorrect firing pin. He got it back with the correct firing pin installed and his frustration has turned to happiness.

Question: With the firing pin being too short when it left the factory, how is it that Remington managed to fire a round & include the spent case with the pistol?  ???

PharmacistHog

I have one but I've never shot it.  It's still in the case in my safe. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

tophawg19

great gun . fun to shoot . while there are probably better ones out there for the price , this gun was fun . kind of like being in the military
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 09, 2015, 06:18:44 pm
great gun . fun to shoot . while there are probably better ones out there for the price , this gun was fun . kind of like being in the military

I've narrowed it down to this one and a Colt. 

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DirtTrackFan

Rzbakfromwaybak

Friend of mine has one, looked & held it at the gun range a few weeks ago.  I didn't shoot it, but did try the trigger that he had adjusted.  It was very nice.  He said it shot great, functioned flawlessly, & he loved it.  It was the blue version, it looked good & felt good in my hand.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HogWall Jackson

I have 2 Kimber 45s, one is a lightweight carry model, Combat Ultra Carry II which weighs only 25 OZ. unloaded which is great for concealed carry and a Full sixed Kimber SIS Model 45 built for Special Investigations Squad (Detectives) of the LAPD. It has a dark Non Rust Finish with a special set of sights which allows the weapon to be cocked with only one hand. Both have great balance, feel great in your hand and are very accurate. May be it is a personal think but the Polymer 9s and 40 Cals just do not have the feel of the 1911 Colt Design.

No other Semi auto gives the great feel of balance and power of the 1911. Other than those I really like some of the older Colt and S&W Revolvers to shoot for practice. I love the Large Bore Models. 357s and .44 Mags. The 50 Cal S&W is only suited for Large Brown Alaskan Bear and can be dangerous for smaller men under 190 lbs to fire. I bought a brand new one from a young man that weighed about 165 lbs., the 1st shot broke his thumb, the second broke his wrist and I have owned it ever since. I got it at a considerable discount too.

1highhog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on April 08, 2015, 09:00:42 pm
I want one but want some opinions first. 

I have one, a blued version, I stay away from the blinged ones, not my taste.  Mine is a Kimber and as far as straight from the factory, it shot okay, but I wasn't happy with the trigger setting, but I've since corrected that to my taste, and I'm happy with it.  It's more accurate than my Glock 40, and I've done some serious mods to it, but I use my 1911 still as my 2nd gun to my Glock.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

ThisTeetsTaken

Sorry guys I should had mentioned this particular 1911 is the Remington R1.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on May 24, 2015, 08:30:45 am

Sorry guys I should had mentioned this particular 1911 is the Remington R1.

No problem Teets.....I could tell it was the Remington R1, from the pic, before I replied to your post.  My Buddy's Remington R1, is the blue model, that I looked at & held.  He loves his. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

rickm1976

I have heard of numerous QC issues with Remington the past few years (since they were taken over in 2007 by The Freedom Group/Cereberus Capital).  Marlin started having QC issues when Remington subsequently took control of them.  I wouldn't purchase any new Remington firearm, although I own an older 1100 and an 870, which are both as good as firearms get.  As for the 1911, no handgun shoots as well IMO.  I have a Ruger SR1911, which I've been impressed with.  I'd put it up against any low end Kimber or any Springfield.  For a budget 1911, you can't go wrong with Rock Island.  They make good quality, reliable 1911's.

lahawg1

I have 4-1911's with 3 of them in .45 and one 9mm. The .45's are a Springfield Armory (Clark shop gun) that really performs well, a Colt Gold Cup with some tinkering, and a Para Ordinance tinkered with also.

Now before everyone gets bent out of shape on the 9mm, it is a generic spanish built gun. A guy (with his ffl) got a deal on 25 of these used that were police sidearms in Spain. I bought it strictly for snake loads and it has never failed to go bang. It is the commander model and has killed numerous cottonmouths.

DeltaBoy

All the gun rags and forums are very happy about the R1.

Junkyard Hog

DeltaBoy

hawgon

I probably wouldn't buy a Remington these days and I think it is really overpriced for what you get.  At the end of the day, even if it is pretty nice, it is a bone stock 1911 for the better part of a $1000. 

DeltaBoy

Rock Island makes the best one for 800 in my book.