how many?

Started by BrickTwnHog, September 30, 2017, 08:24:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many SEC coaches get the boot this year? Tell us who you got

1-2
3-4
unprecedented 5+

BrickTwnHog

I think it could be anywhere from 3-5. Which brings up another question do we throw our hat in the ring and try to hire a new coach or who let it play out next year?

Arkansas - ole miss - lsu- A&m - tennessee -Missouri could all be open by new years

Al Boarland

Let it play out. We would not be one of th top destinations.

BrickTwnHog

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 30, 2017, 08:25:39 pm
Let it play out. We would not be one of th top destinations.

as much as I think it's time to move on I agree with you

johnny cash

LRrazorback

JackTNHogfan

I don't care if every team in the SEC is looking for a new HC, Bert needs to go.  I'd rather have an up and comer with something to prove and a fresh start with fans then to keep what we have now.  My only concern is JL doing the hiring...

Arkansas Fan

HoggieStyle

Quote from: johnny cash on September 30, 2017, 09:26:21 pm
Butch Jones is gone.

Probably, but not because Tenner lost to Georgia today. Georgia is salty.

BrickTwnHog

SEC is way down this year and has been going down the last couple years

sowmonella

Tenner, LSU, Miss State, Ole Miss are all
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

East Clintwood

Bert isn't going anywhere.  We're stuck with him for this year and probably next.

We need to get rid of Jeff Long before Bert is canned.

3 or 4 other coaches will go.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: SpaHog1986 on September 30, 2017, 08:24:37 pm
I think it could be anywhere from 3-5. Which brings up another question do we throw our hat in the ring and try to hire a new coach or who let it play out next year?

Arkansas - ole miss - lsu- A&m - tennessee -Missouri could all be open by new years

Arkansas isn't going to go hunting for another coach if LSU, Tennessee, and Texas A&M are all looking for head coaches. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Jimbob111

Quote from: East Clintwood on September 30, 2017, 10:25:27 pm
Bert isn't going anywhere.  We're stuck with him for this year and probably next.

We need to get rid of Jeff Long before Bert is canned.

3 or 4 other coaches will go.

I'm not convinced. Lots of people said HDN wasn't getting fired either...and he didn't, right? But he WAS gone. And fired, resigned, quit, or disappeared...as long as Bret leaves Arkansas, I'm fine with it.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

bondhue

Quote from: Deep Shoat on September 30, 2017, 10:40:42 pm
Sumlin looks like he might be staying.
Sumlin is winning games.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Hogsfan1981

If our current coach was ever going to get fired this year(unlikely). It for sure won't happen with all these programs looking. Must be nice to slip by and still get those fat pay checks.

I don't care who the coach is as long as we win. Smith could come back if he would get me some wins.

It would be crazy if he loses most of his games this year and next but because of the buy out and other programs hiring somehow skates for a few more years. Pay him all that money and then potentially be looking at hiring a new coach 3-4 years down the road and starting all over again. We could be looking at a LONG wait before things get better if this coach can't figure things out...feels like all our fans do is wait.

I know it can't be easy on these head coaches to lose but I just can't feel sorry for millionaires.

I know he is our coach now and I like him but as soon as a coach is fired or quits they are no longer Hogs. They just take the money and move on to the next job. I'm more loyal to players myself. That said, lets hope for all our sanity he can start winning. Always hoped we could get a coach that could make it work here and stay for a long time.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: LRrazorback on September 30, 2017, 09:28:45 pm
Ed O
Kevin sumlin
Sumlin is 4-1.  I agree with Ed O..losing to Troy at home.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 11:37:05 pm
Sumlin is 4-1.  I agree with Ed O..losing to Troy at home.

I don't know if Butch Jones can survive.  I know Ga. is salty, but you don't get beat that bad, at home, this far in to your career.

I responded to another post, but quoted you...and here is why...Sumlin is winning and Ed O. just threw players and coaches under the bus.  It is getting bad down there.
Retired Radio Host