Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ryan Mallet requesting release from Michigan! Tell me its true!

Started by jaredkr, April 13, 2007, 01:05:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredkr

This isn't official yet, but I was told that Ryan Mallet has asked for his release from the University of Michigan! Wow, this could be huge! I was told he has Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Alabama on his short list! Can anyone help me out and confirm this?   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I am Ray Finkel

IronHog

My sources tell me that sources tend to not know squat.  ::)
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Silver Hog

he would not be coming here with Nuttso in charge.  Doubt we even recruited him.

strawhog

Houston will send him a text message and find out for sure.

The Hog Blogger

I just heard this from a friend.  OUTSTANDING!

Get D. Lee on the first plane out of here to Texarkana!

TX HOG

Quote from: The Hog Blogger on April 13, 2007, 01:07:57 pm

I thought he was already at Michigan

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jaredkr

If this is true, we have a chance of landing the best qb in the country!
I am Ray Finkel

Tusks

Quote from: jaredkr on April 13, 2007, 01:09:32 pm

Didn't the Hogs do that already....those 5* recruits don't work out to well.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jhudson84

I have also heard this from unnamed sources did not want to repeat it and be the first to do so.  Mallett is expected to ask for his release and yes he is already on campus at Michigan.

arkfanchip

Hammibal Lecter

so we couldnt get him this year anyway, right? Since he sighned that would make him sit out a year, just like a tranfer, is this correct?? If any of this is true...
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

Newcoachplease

No more 5 stars guys!!! We dont want thier baggage!!! *sarcasm*

The Hog Blogger

Quote from: TX HOG on April 13, 2007, 01:08:58 pm
Quote from: The Hog Blogger on April 13, 2007, 01:07:57 pm

I thought he was already at Michigan

Hopefully those recruiting him know more than I do.

Silver Hog

if he comes here with Nutt around, after what happened to mitch, he wouldnt seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed.  Nutt ruins quarterbacks.

CalHog

Quote from: swisshog on April 13, 2007, 01:07:50 pm
he would not be coming here with Nuttso in charge.  Doubt we even recruited him.

BD is probably recruiting him for Arkansas.

cityhog

but he wanted to be a razorback, so he already has fulfilled nutt's most important requirement.

Brewerfan10

hey i will take him, i heard his 3 interested schools are us, texas and bama. and i sure don't want him going to the other two.

proffitthog

arkfanchip

it is my understanding if he is granted his release he can play right away. if not granted he sits a year. etc gary ervin

jhudson84

Ryan would have to sit out a year.  Have not seen it reported on Michigan's boards, but just as well him asking does not mean hes going to get it or even come here.

WILL CLINTON

SO, A 6'3 qb NEXT YEAR, and a 6'5" QB this fall??  would he still have to sit out a year if he transfers to Arkansas (or anywhere for that matter)  Could put he and Jim Youngblood in a heated battle in a couple of years.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Donald Miller

Quote from: Terminuttor on April 13, 2007, 01:13:31 pm
so we couldnt get him this year anyway, right? Since he sighned that would make him sit out a year, just like a tranfer, is this correct?? If any of this is true...
I believe you are correct.

Semper Hogelis

The dude ask a legit question in a thread, and out they come with there stupid hate mongering sarcasm.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

jhudson84

Quote from: arkfanchip on April 13, 2007, 01:16:58 pm
it is my understanding if he is granted his release he can play right away. if not granted he sits a year. etc gary ervin

Gary had to sit a year b/c he was granted, two years if not.  A school can also keep you from transferring to a conference opponet, I believe.

Ervin and Stansbury were ready to split ways so he was grant his release.

arkfanchip

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 13, 2007, 01:19:13 pm
Quote from: arkfanchip on April 13, 2007, 01:16:58 pm

Gary had to sit a year b/c he was granted, two years if not.  A school can also keep you from transferring to a conference opponet, I believe.

Ervin and Stansbury were ready to split ways so he was grant his release.

ok thanks for the clearification.

Silver Hog

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 13, 2007, 01:18:48 pm
The dude ask a legit question in a thread, and out they come with there stupid hate mongering sarcasm.

See what not having Gus around does?

dman

arkfanchip

Quote from: swisshog on April 13, 2007, 01:20:24 pm
Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 13, 2007, 01:18:48 pm

See what not having Gus around does?

so now it is all gus' fault  ;)

judgeroyswine

I doubt this is true, however, if it pans out, IMO it would be a mistake to come to Arkansas while Nutt and Company are here.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: swisshog on April 13, 2007, 01:14:00 pm
if he comes here with Nutt around, after what happened to mitch, he wouldnt seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed.  Nutt ruins quarterbacks.

If it's true, and if he were to come here, he wouldn't play until '08....and I think many of us do not expect Houston Nutt to be the head coach by then.

nicka797

I heard from a friend that talked to Otis Kirk that this was true. Ryan graduated a semester early to go up and start classes in Michigan and really doesn't like it up there. Hopefully now he will make the call to come to play for the Hogs!

Since 1894

Is it true that on the first day of an Arkansas camp, he was moved by our coaches from QB to another position (TE?).  I think he was moved back to QB the next day.

I heard that once but I don't know if it is true.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

IllmaticRackit

Does the fact that this isn't in vent and rumors speak volumes?  Mods?
"If you have hate in your heart, let it out."

-Chappelle

WILL CLINTON

I just hope that the coaches in charge are not stupid enough to try and switch one of the QB's they have or they have on the way to another position. 

jhudson84

How about no great players come to Arkansas because of HDN, I could care less about the man just as much as anyone, but I would not tell DMC a couple of years ago you should go to LSU because Houston's a liar.

PigWig

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 13, 2007, 01:27:02 pm
I just hope that the coaches in charge are not stupid enough to try and switch one of the QB's they have or they have on the way to another position. 

Chaisson to WR. Its called the Cedric/Johnson effect.

pigmania

Best QB in the country and Dale don't mix well together.

jhudson84

Quote from: nicka797 on April 13, 2007, 01:25:51 pm
I heard from a friend that talked to Otis Kirk that this was true. Ryan graduated a semester early to go up and start classes in Michigan and really doesn't like it up there. Hopefully now he will make the call to come to play for the Hogs!

Exactly

Quote from: IllmaticRackit on April 13, 2007, 01:26:36 pm
Does the fact that this isn't in vent and rumors speak volumes?  Mods?

Exactly

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: pigmania on April 13, 2007, 01:28:25 pm

quarterback?? Whats that??

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: PigWig on April 13, 2007, 01:28:14 pm
Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 13, 2007, 01:27:02 pm

Chaisson to WR. Its called the Cedric/Johnson effect.

I didn't know Chaisson was black. 

SpareRib

Quote from: Tomcat on April 13, 2007, 01:23:57 pm
I've heard similar rumblings of the visits, but not an official release request...

I sure hope this one is on the level.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

twistitup

If he is smart, he will come here- we have a space for him, that's for sure!
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Cajun Hog

Here an idea let's bash the crap out of the coach, who WILL coach the team this year and ask a big recruit to come anyway.      ???  I see where this thread is headed  VENT real soon.  ???                         

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 13, 2007, 01:29:08 pm
Quote from: pigmania on April 13, 2007, 01:28:25 pm

quarterback?? Whats that??

He is an intermediary between the center and the RB.  Nothing more than a "middle man". 

UMGOBLUE

it's true!!! i'm not too upset though...kinda crazy. it would be cool if he goes to arkansas but i have a feeling he'll go back to texas
MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
11 National Championships
42 Big Ten Championships

You can write tony all over that one Buckeyes

HogISH™

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

LJHOG

Quote from: Since 1894 on April 13, 2007, 01:26:03 pm
Is it true that on the first day of an Arkansas camp, he was moved by our coaches from QB to another position (TE?).  I think he was moved back to QB the next day.

I heard that once but I don't know if it is true.
It is not technically true.  At the camp in between QB drills he ask to run some TE stuff just to pass the time.  The coaches did not "move" him to TE.