Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Connor Noland a potential Friday night pitcher?

Started by HBTHogs, April 09, 2018, 07:02:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HBTHogs

For those that have seen him pitch.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about it.

Oh yeah, and does anyone know if anyone has ever been a starting QB and Friday night guy in the same year in the SEC?

Kevin

Not has a freshmen
Potentially, soph, or junior year
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dotnet

Quote from: HBTHogs on April 09, 2018, 07:02:20 pm
For those that have seen him pitch.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about it.

Oh yeah, and does anyone know if anyone has ever been a starting QB and Friday night guy in the same year in the SEC?

Lunney would be the only potential guy, but I don't remember when he pitched.

Ready about what Kyler Murray is doing, and watching Jameis Winston - it makes the most sense that he would be a lock down closer or Sunday starter as a best case scenario. 

Sunday starter would give him the ability to do whatever he needs to for football on Saturday in the spring, and a closer would probably be easier on his arm and require less refinement (ie. time) with secondary stuff. 

ricepig

I guess they all are potential Friday night starters, but we have guys, and hope we continue to get them, that are rated higher and are putting in the effort year round. If he decides to concentrate on baseball only, then I could see it, Killian and Astin started SEC games and he's about equivalent coming out of high school.

hog.goblin

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on April 10, 2018, 09:21:47 am
Committing solely to football at this point

No, he's playing both, he just isn't putting his name in the upcoming MLB Draft.

hog.goblin

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2018, 10:04:38 am
No, he's playing both, he just isn't putting his name in the upcoming MLB Draft.

Radio this morning said differently, but I may have missed the context

woodrow hog call

I think he has a chance to be a Friday night guy, he was hitting 93 out in a tournament in AZ. I know Trey is really high on him and he knows what the mental  makeup of an SEC pitcher needs to be, so that will help him get his mind right. I would not count him out at all, and yes he is very much committed to playing both, good kid with a good head on his shoulders, a freebie for DVH.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

BigBrandonAllenFan

I think we will see Hunter Milligan in the starting rotation next season. He is the real deal.  Big and strong

onebadrubi

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on April 10, 2018, 01:47:15 pm
I think we will see Hunter Milligan in the starting rotation next season. He is the real deal.  Big and strong

I am confused, I don't understand your post without the awesome shtick...