Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cronin

Started by WHITEPW, April 08, 2018, 01:17:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITEPW

I just wanted to give him a thread.  These Friday nights saves he's been excellent.  Maybe I didn't give him enough credit to begin the year.  The multiple innings saves against good teams but Friday night against Auburn he made me a believer in his ability.

onebadrubi

dude reminds me of Danny Duffy.  His only issues this year have been, by my opinion only, when he is over used.

nesjunk

On Friday, he came in with two men on and a 1-run lead.  He did not have the luxury of walking a batter or taking a few moments to find his groove,.  He walked out like he was in the 3rd inning of a one-hitter.  There are some great pitchers who struggle to do that.  Hats off to him.  Outstanding.

Mr.Gruntastic

I feel safer when Cronin comes in then I did with Zach Jackson.   He's not as wild but every bit as electric.  He's been pretty elite besides one appearance.  That day just wasn't or day.  Our pitching is more than capable it's been our defense.  Reindl keeps pitching like he did today and Campbell comes on.  We're gonna be a tough out.  Yes, I'll feel safe when Cronin comes into close out the big games. 

AlmaHog2011

If this game today went longer would he have been able to pitch and inning or two? He's a beast comes right at the hitters I love it!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on April 08, 2018, 07:54:58 pm
If this game today went longer would he have been able to pitch and inning or two? He's a beast comes right at the hitters I love it!

Physically he may have been capable, but with a short week and a series with SUCe starting on Thursday, I'd suspect he would've been held out even if we had played extras today ...

JHicks3636

Sophmore Matt Cronin picked up his sixth save of the season against Auburn on Friday, moving him to a tie for second in the SEC. Cronin also leads all SEC pitchers with a .160 opponents' batting average in league play.

cityhog

We could use him in multiple games over a series if we had a rock solid middle reliever or two.