Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How would you play Ole Miss?

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, March 02, 2014, 07:10:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nextlevel

Quote from: Notshavin on March 03, 2014, 01:58:28 pm
He is streaky, plays well without the ball and has a quick release.

I understand most saying just play our game - but if he is the only guy that can beat us, I put an emphasis on taking him out of the game.  I think it would be a mistake to "let him have his" because "his" happens to be worth 3 pts. each shot.

The problem with the box and one is the opening it will leave for other players on their team, Summers can shoot from behind the arc and quick ball movement while chasing Henderson around can open things up for their bigs down low.

Arkansas' ball denial D while switching screens should be enough in itself to slow Henderson down, he likes to settle for 3s, so let him settle for contested 3s, but don't get so aggressive you let Summers get a driving lane to the basket to make something happen.

I know Henderson gets all the praise because he is a volume shooter, scores as a result, plus his character, but he may not be the best guard on their roster...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Marshfieldhog

Cut the head off then the body can't survive- Nolan

Birminghog

The_Bionic_Pig

6'2 Henderson shoots .36% while taking a average of 16 shots per game alone.  That is how he is able to get to 19ppg. 

6'3 J. Summers is the one to worry about as he is not nearly as selfish and much, much more accurate but takes fewer shots to get to the 17ppg average + he leads the team in assist. 

6'9 Aaron Jones is their interior presence (leading rebounder 6.9) only averages about 5 attempted shots per game which sounds to me like trash basket's (put backs). 

Around 50% of the teams scoring is assumed by the two guards....you trap them and force someone else to pick up the scoring slack!!

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

YouCrawl_IQuall

This will be the most important game we've played since 2009, imo.