Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Herbstreit owns Hog fan

Started by Peter Porker, December 31, 2017, 02:50:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

and I totally agree with him. I hate how our fans ride the coattails of Bama, UGA,  etc.

Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) tweeted at 2:19 PM on Sun, Dec 31, 2017:
Actually looks like youre an Arkansas fan. When are they playing? Or do you just claim UGA, Bama, and Auburn as your own when your team doesn't go to a bowl game?? That must be nice to talk trash on behalf of those teams when you've moved onto Basketball season for the last month https://t.co/6I6QSogI39
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Wild Bill Hog

checkraiser88

HOGINTENNESSEE

We have a more recent top 5 finish than Florida or UT

Beaverfever

That's stupid.  The internet and sports were made for talking trash.  Kevin Durant is probably on Twitter today talking trash about Stephen Curry with fake accounts.  This is all entertainment.  You aren't disallowed from passing out hot takes on the internet because your favorite team is garbage. 

Beaverfever

Also someone should remind Kirk that the last time we were playing this late in the year his alma mater was making a mockery of college athletics and screwed us over in the process. 

farmhawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 02:50:32 pm
and I totally agree with him. I hate how our fans ride the coattails of Bama, UGA,  etc.

Actually looks like youre an Arkansas fan. When are they playing? Or do you just claim UGA, Bama, and Auburn as your own when your team doesn't go to a bowl game?? That must be nice to talk trash on behalf of those teams when you've moved onto Basketball season for the last month https://t.co/6I6QSogI39
Obviously your not a fan, so go away and quit trolling.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Peter Porker

Quote from: farmhawg on December 31, 2017, 03:18:40 pm
Obviously your not a fan, so go away and quit trolling.

Yea, I'm not a fan of Bama and UGA and the rest of the SEC. I'm a fan of Arkansas. I don't pull for teams that beat us on the field and in the livingrooms.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 03:25:17 pm
Yea, I'm not a fan of Bama and UGA and the rest of the SEC. I'm a fan of Arkansas. I don't pull for teams that beat us on the field and in the livingrooms.

Who gives a rat's arse what Herbstreit tweets to someone?
Well, obviously you do....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

WaltonCollege

I like herbie, he apparently had an affair with some woman and when her husband found out he wasn't even mad, dude was like good for her Herbies the man haha

B Ray

Herbie is just upset that his Ohio St was kicked to the curb by the selection committee for the final 4 for Alabama ,  I was watching the show and when the announcement was made, he stormed of the set in anger.

Next year you watch, he will take every opportunity to discredit the SEC !!!

Peter Porker

Quote from: WaltonCollege on December 31, 2017, 03:35:20 pm
I like herbie, he apparently had an affair with some woman and when her husband found out he wasn't even mad, dude was like good for her Herbies the man haha

You're probably one of those that will be yelling "roll tide" tomorrow night.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 03:42:40 pm
You're probably one of those that will be yelling "roll tide" tomorrow night.

So when you are watching a game that doesn't involve the Hogs, you never pull for one team over the other? Ever? C'mon man. BS

HawgwildinMI

He should stick to costing his alma matter stud recruits with his big mouth.

farmhawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 31, 2017, 03:47:54 pm
So when you are watching a game that doesn't involve the Hogs, you never pull for one team over the other? Ever? C'mon man. BS
No doubt. Just trolling, I hope at least, if not then a truly sad person.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Three and Snout

I passively pull for SEC teams to do well in post season because we need to still be considered in the premier conference if the Hogs are ever up for playoff consideration, and we also get 1/14 of the bowl game $$$$.

However, I can see the downside of having to recruit against other conference teams that did better than you in the post season.

Dirty

The end is near?  People are going crazy!

SooieGeneris

You know it's a SLOW news day when someone posts something like this Big 10 propaganda from that lightweight...

How that guy ever got a job for anything but local TV is beyond me. Lee Corso at least was a decent coach for part of his career and has a shtick with the head gear and "not so fast."

Desmond Howard won the Heisman and had a great Super Bowl returning kicks for GB and got overpaid by Al Davis right after that.

Reece Davis has some color to him, but Jerkstreit? Backup QB at Ohio State, never sniffed the NFL unless it was via Eddie George's arse...lightweight pretty boy..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

farmhawg

Yep, if this had been poasted tomorrow it would qualify as the dumbest of the year. Today, just too many to compete with.....
From theflyinghog

Sivad

Herb has a bad and very public case of SEC envy.

Hoggish1

Kirk H is irrelevant.  When he and his partner do games I use the mute.

HotlantaHog

i like Herbie.

Like it or not, the SEC has been pretty top heavy this season.... Alabama, Georgia, Auburn and everybody else...

The Big Ten has looked great so long as they haven't been playing really top teams.... like Ohio State got destroyed in the playoffs last year.... Wisconsin looks great versus Miami, but wouldn't against top teams in the SEC.

The strength of the league will be seen tomorrow in the playoffs...

And yeah all of this has little to do with Arkansas at the moment.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 31, 2017, 02:55:29 pm
We have a more recent top 5 finish than Florida or UT
and that wont even get you a cup of coffee...
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on December 31, 2017, 05:05:49 pm
and that wont even get you a cup of coffee...

Nothing outside of money with get you a cup of coffee.

FANONTHEHILL

When dealing with the national media on social media after the season Arkansas just had, I recommend a Coach Paul Brown quote.

"When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

LRRandy

Quote from: B Ray on December 31, 2017, 03:35:45 pm
Herbie is just upset that his Ohio St was kicked to the curb by the selection committee for the final 4 for Alabama ,  I was watching the show and when the announcement was made, he stormed of the set in anger.

Next year you watch, he will take every opportunity to discredit the SEC !!!
I would say the sec is doing a pretty good job of that themselves with their play in the bowl games so far.
This is fun, isn't it.

Hogarusa

Herbie is correct 100%. Its ridiculous that a Hog fan would talk to trash to him about the SEC bowl season when the team you root for went 4-8.

A large part of this is the fault of ESPN though. They show conference bowl records every chance they get, it means little to nothing.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 31, 2017, 05:14:09 pm
When dealing with the national media on social media after the season Arkansas just had, I recommend a Coach Paul Brown quote.

"When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."

Great advice.

Peter Porker

I don't pull for our conference rivals.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: LRRandy on December 31, 2017, 05:31:54 pm
I would say the sec is doing a pretty good job of that themselves with their play in the bowl games so far.

Curious to know how many games, thus far, was the SEC team the favorite.
Anyone? I'm too lazy to try & look it up.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 05:34:09 pm
I don't pull for our conference rivals.

So if you don't pull for our conference rivals, we can assume you are pulling for Oklahoma & Clemson?

Peter Porker

Quote from: Three and Snout on December 31, 2017, 04:01:58 pm
I passively pull for SEC teams to do well in post season because we need to still be considered in the premier conference if the Hogs are ever up for playoff consideration, and we also get 1/14 of the bowl game $$$$.

However, I can see the downside of having to recruit against other conference teams that did better than you in the post season.

Bowl money goes to the teams involved, not just the winner.

Peter Porker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 31, 2017, 05:34:56 pm
So if you don't pull for our conference rivals, we can assume you are pulling for Oklahoma & Clemson?

More Clemson, than Oklahoma. But yea, I hope both Bama and UGA lose.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 31, 2017, 05:31:54 pm
Herbie is correct 100%. Its ridiculous that a Hog fan would talk to trash to him about the SEC bowl season when the team you root for went 4-8.

A large part of this is the fault of ESPN though. They show conference bowl records every chance they get, it means little to nothing.

I find it hard that other posters can't see this, but it is Hogville....

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 05:36:07 pm
More Clemson, than Oklahoma. But yea, I hope both Bama and UGA lose.

So you do, in fact, root for a team that we compete against for recruits (OU).
I see.

PonderinHog

If Georgia and Alabama win tomorrow, doesn't that mean more money to the Hogs?

Peter Porker

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2017, 05:39:19 pm

No.

(notOM)Rebel123

Shhhhh.....some don't want to hear that.😉

But naw, it's only paid out based on semi final teams.

Peter Porker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 31, 2017, 05:37:29 pm
So you do, in fact, root for a team that we compete against for recruits (OU).
I see.

Lesser of 2 evils. We don't play OU.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 05:42:07 pm
Lesser of 2 evils. We don't play OU.

But we recruit against them.  Maybe as much as we do UGA.

Athog

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 02:50:32 pm

Who is Herb to talk? He is a Big 20 *** kisser!!

pigture perfect

To feed the troll,

I will cheer for any team Iwant to. If I want to cheer for GEORGIA I will. That was my great uncles favorite team and I do so in honor to him. Great man. I spent enough time stationed in Ft. Rucker to know that not all Bama fans are like the Finebaum callers. If you or Heriberto have an issue with it, I just consider the source and be glad I'm not you.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 31, 2017, 05:10:43 pm
Nothing outside of money with get you a cup of coffee.
Only hog fans care about that ranking that happened 6-7 years ago. Kinda of like the National Championship over 45 years ago. It's just plain sad.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Hogarusa

I root for teams involving gambling or against enemies of the Hogs. Otherwise, its easy to watch football with no rooting interest and simply for the love of sports.

Peter Porker

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 31, 2017, 05:45:02 pm
To feed the troll,

I will cheer for any team Iwant to. If I want to cheer for GEORGIA I will. That was my great uncles favorite team and I do so in honor to him. Great man. I spent enough time stationed in Ft. Rucker to know that not all Bama fans are like the Finebaum callers. If you or Heriberto have an issue with it, I just consider the source and be glad I'm not you.

Battered wives syndrome. Bama has beat us so bad for so long you think they do it because they love us and hey, we can say we get smashed every by the best team in college football.

Peter Porker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 31, 2017, 05:43:34 pm
But we recruit against them.  Maybe as much as we do UGA.

OU doesn't stand in the way of a conference championship.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 31, 2017, 05:34:10 pm
Curious to know how many games, thus far, was the SEC team the favorite.
Anyone? I'm too lazy to try & look it up.
Well, Mississippi State was a dog to the great Petrino but they beat Louisville. Missouri was a fav but got beat by Texas. Kentucky was a big dog to NW but went for a 2 point conversion to win game instead of going to overtime but failed. And lastly WF was a favorite over A&M and won the game.

So, 3 dogs with one win, Miss State/Louisville and one favorite Missouri which lost.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 31, 2017, 05:46:23 pm
I root for teams involving gambling or against enemies of the Hogs. Otherwise, its easy to watch football with no rooting interest and simply for the love of sports.

I'm with you. Some games, depending on the $ituation, I will root for one over the other. In most games, I just enjoy the competition. I do generally like to see our conference brothers do well in bowl games or vs non-conf. teams. Just like in hoops, if a SEC team knocks off a good non-opponent, it might help our  RPI. But I have to disagree with the OP in never rooting for a conf. Rival. In circumstances that a conference game could have a direct impact  on our standings, then you bet I'm pulling for the team that improves our standing with a win.

Hogarusa

Do Hog fans really root for conference money? Is that a real thing, makes no sense. Hogs are in a P5 conference and as long as they dont get get out of being a Power program, they will make butt loads of cash until the end of time.  Believe the last 15 years of other SEC teams playing for national titles and us getting equal bowl revenue has proven to help us on the field in no way.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 05:51:23 pm
OU doesn't stand in the way of a conference championship.

They could, depending on the recruit.