Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PATIENCE.... the ride has just begun

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 11, 2017, 05:02:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

This team will have games when they look like a sweet 16 lock then absolutely horrid the next.  Just like our nemesis Kentucky.

We may slip up and lose the next one then someone exact revenge on the defending National Champion's *North Carolina*  later...

It's going to be a emotional rollercoaster until mid January (about the time most teams have gelled.  (they usually peak at their potential near the end of February)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rusvegashog

Even in our best years we lost games, that's the nature of college bball. Seems to be an influx of talent and quality coaches in the SEC, so that should make for some barn burners. The future is bright on the Hill my friends and we don't need to forget the likes of Michael Qualls and Bobby Portis andDusty Hannah's and so many more over the last few years Who have made the present a reality. Hawgball baby!!

rtr

1993-94 is something that doesn't happen very often, 31-3 National Champions and ranked #1 almost the entire season.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

WorfHog

They'll lose a game, but they looked so much better last night than they looked two weeks (hell even a week) ago. I think they keep getting better as the season unfolds. I think we'll make some noise this season!

hawgball40

Quote from: WorfHog on November 11, 2017, 04:22:17 pm
They'll lose a game, but they looked so much better last night than they looked two weeks (hell even a week) ago. I think they keep getting better as the season unfolds. I think we'll make some noise this season!
First I agree with the OP. I'm riding with this team no matter what too. If people start calling for Mike Anderson's head at this point they are dumb. He has evolved as a coach for the better.

My concern with this team is how getting thomas and cook back will affect team chemistry. also, i'm wondering if cook will be in basketball shape when he gets back? Sounds like january would be the soonest he could be back, will he be able to keep himself in shape? If he's not it causes concern about depth IMO.

jchill

Quote from: rusvegashog on November 11, 2017, 06:10:21 am
Even in our best years we lost games, that's the nature of college bball. Seems to be an influx of talent and quality coaches in the SEC, so that should make for some barn burners. The future is bright on the Hill my friends and we don't need to forget the likes of Michael Qualls and Bobby Portis andDusty Hannah's and so many more over the last few years Who have made the present a reality. Hawgball baby!!

Yes, those guys really made an impact with the Hogs. Who's the young man that was a walk-on and ended up being a major contributor when CMA first took over the Hogs? He was a medical student and I believe his folks were from the Middle East. He was always hustling all over the court.

rusvegashog

Quote from: jchill on November 11, 2017, 05:07:22 pm
Yes, those guys really made an impact with the Hogs. Who's the young man that was a walk-on and ended up being a major contributor when CMA first took over the Hogs? He was a medical student and I believe his folks were from the Middle East. He was always hustling all over the court.
Kikko Haydar. Just from all accounts a first class cat and the type a kid you root for. Without looking anything up I think he went and played in Israel maybe and is back here and will be calling games part time. Him and Manny Watkins. I'm not sure of the details, but I'm sure it be easily looked up.

FineAsSwine

I'll take Unforgettable Razorbacks for $2,000 Alex.

Quote from: jchill on November 11, 2017, 05:07:22 pm
He was a medical student and I believe his folks were from the Middle East. He was always hustling all over the court.

Who was Kikko Haydar?

Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rusvegashog on November 11, 2017, 05:14:57 pm
Kikko Haydar. Just from all accounts a first class cat and the type a kid you root for. Without looking anything up I think he went and played in Israel maybe and is back here and will be calling games part time. Him and Manny Watkins. I'm not sure of the details, but I'm sure it be easily looked up.

Manny called the game yesterday. Loved hearing his take but there was so much sugarcoating going on I think my A1C went up 2 points.  ;D
Hogs up! Covid down!

Iwastherein1969

Played basketball in a small town in southern Arkansas....we didn't have football so there were 12 suits and about 30 guys who would try out for the team each year..we were good because that's all we knew...I know something about basketball... this year's version of The Fastest 40 Minutes is closer to 40 Minutes Of Hell than at any time since 1998... these kids will lose a couple or three games they should win, but the roller coaster rides of up and down are finally over...this team exudes confidence, and not a false confidence either...you can tell by the way they pass the ball when running their motion offense...the guards clearly know after say three passes and some cuts to the basket where the open look is going to be...the reason teams shoot well consistently is because they are just the right amount of patient combined with the fact the team knows who's the hot man and will get it to him at the optimum place on the court and at the time he's most open for the look....also, we have the length to press and the speed to finish....this year's team is going to be good, very good....all I ask is for no major injuries and just average luck and if we get those two going for us, this year's Hogs are going to give us a heckuvalot of fun times this season...and maybe (a word that rhymes with steep) d#&p run into that tournament where they dance   I am superstitious so I didn't use certain words....boys, enjoy this season
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

rusvegashog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 11, 2017, 05:19:41 pm
Manny called the game yesterday. Loved hearing his take but there was so much sugarcoating going on I think my A1C went up 2 points.  ;D
That's both funny and educational. Truthfully I had to look up a1c. I got a a good chuckle and I also got a doctors appointment now on Tuesday to check my levels. lol and thanks.

WorfHog

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 11, 2017, 04:44:37 pm
First I agree with the OP. I'm riding with this team no matter what too. If people start calling for Mike Anderson's head at this point they are dumb. He has evolved as a coach for the better.

My concern with this team is how getting thomas and cook back will affect team chemistry. also, i'm wondering if cook will be in basketball shape when he gets back? Sounds like january would be the soonest he could be back, will he be able to keep himself in shape? If he's not it causes concern about depth IMO.

I think Thomas just missed practice or something (CMA won't say what he did). Cook is practicing with the team so he'll be in good shape. It's a good opportunity to get Gabe, Bailey,Hall and Gafford some early playing time. CMA put Thomas on the poster and I anticipate he'll be ready to play after this suspension. We have excellent backcourt play this year. When Gafford is in our front court play is really good.

Arazorbackguy1

When is the last time the Bud was completely packed out?  OU Texas beatdowns during Pel era? 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.