Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Report: Nikola Mirotic wants Bulls to trade him or Bobby Portis

Started by isavedjazz, October 27, 2017, 11:48:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

isavedjazz

Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

davehog

I hope Portis gets traded. Given his lower than market value trade potential, I'm sure there are several teams interested.

PorkRinds

imtad16

Obviously, I don't know how the locker feels about the situation, but Mirotic is behaving like he was victimized here and this monster Portis needs to go and he won't speak to him. All the reports say Mirotic was the aggressor and charged Portis TWICE. Seems like he should accept responsibility for his involvement here, mend it, and move on. I mean I'm sure he is embarrassed, but come on. If I was an NBA GM, looking at how the two have handled the situation, I don't think I would want to be on the Mirotic end of a trade.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Borderline Mirotic is a P-A-B who got put in his place in front of the entire team.  He's embarrassed to show his face, and put up with the grief he will get in the locker room.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 27, 2017, 01:48:27 pm
Borderline Mirotic is a P-A-B who got put in his place in front of the entire team.  He's embarrassed to show his face, and put up with the grief he will get in the locker room.

Before this report he was threatening to not come back to the NBA and word was wanted to play oversea's.  He's obvioulsy not wanting to confront this issue

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

TexArkHogFan

The Bulls picked up Portis' option, so it looks like they are going with Portis.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

redneckfriend

Mirotic has been a disappointment, Portis is an unknown. No way to know how the staff feels but from the outside it seems Mirotic sealed his fate. No authority likes ultimatums, especially from a fringe player.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

As a bulls fan, I've never been impressed with mirotic. He seemed like another overhyped foreign player
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 30, 2017, 07:11:39 am
As a bulls fan, I've never been impressed with mirotic. He seemed like another overhyped foreign player

Overhyped? Guy was the #23 pick in his draft. He has career averages of 10.8 PPG and 5.3 RPG. He's greatly outperforming that draft slot, trust me. It's easy to not be impressed with him in a vacuum, but he has given the Bulls a nice ROI as a late first-round hit. Still, I think he's been somewhat of a prima donna and that might be a reason why the Bulls are willing to move on from him and stick with Portis. Portis seems like the more coachable player and likely his teammates like him more. I also go back to Mirotic's contract where the Bulls did not sign him until just before training camp, indicating a lack of firm commitment by the Bulls. So, in summation, he's a guy who definitely outplaying his draft slot and gave the Bulls plus-value during his initial contract, but the one + one contract (one year at 12.5 million and then a team option for the same) show that they aren't convinced now that it's time to pony up some real money. Reinsdorf is also a cheap skate, so that helps Bobby as well.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 30, 2017, 08:10:01 am
Overhyped? Guy was the #23 pick in his draft. He has career averages of 10.8 PPG and 5.3 RPG. He's greatly outperforming that draft slot, trust me. It's easy to not be impressed with him in a vacuum, but he has given the Bulls a nice ROI as a late first-round hit. Still, I think he's been somewhat of a prima donna and that might be a reason why the Bulls are willing to move on from him and stick with Portis. Portis seems like the more coachable player and likely his teammates like him more. I also go back to Mirotic's contract where the Bulls did not sign him until just before training camp, indicating a lack of firm commitment by the Bulls. So, in summation, he's a guy who definitely outplaying his draft slot and gave the Bulls plus-value during his initial contract, but the one + one contract (one year at 12.5 million and then a team option for the same) show that they aren't convinced now that it's time to pony up some real money. Reinsdorf is also a cheap skate, so that helps Bobby as well.

I think he is too soft to consistently help once the playoffs roll around. Championships should be the ultimate goal and Mirotic is in no danger of being significant help to get one.

jackflash

sickboy

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 30, 2017, 07:11:39 am

He's way, way too inconsistent.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 30, 2017, 11:11:27 am
I think he is too soft to consistently help once the playoffs roll around. Championships should be the ultimate goal and Mirotic is in no danger of being significant help to get one.

No disagreement there. But most teams don't get as much from the #23 pick as Chicago has from Mirotic. Different ballgame now that he's beyond that first contract, and I think we're seeing that here as it seems they are going to try to trade him. Not sure Bobby helps them win a title, either, at this point, though. Seems to have a ways to go as a player to stick in the league.

sickboy

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 30, 2017, 12:23:18 pm
No disagreement there. But most teams don't get as much from the #23 pick as Chicago has from Mirotic. Different ballgame now that he's beyond that first contract, and I think we're seeing that here as it seems they are going to try to trade him. Not sure Bobby helps them win a title, either, at this point, though. Seems to have a ways to go as a player to stick in the league.

Yeah, but Portis has way more upside than Mirotic at this point. It feels like Bobby is older, but he's only 22.

Hawg Red

Quote from: sickboy on October 30, 2017, 12:31:10 pm
Yeah, but Portis has way more upside than Mirotic at this point. It feels like Bobby is older, but he's only 22.

When you say "upside," what are you referring to? Just his age? He has not shown any defensive ability thus far and does not have special traits on offense. I'd love for you to be right, but everything I've read about Portis indicates he maybe doesn't have much upside right now. I guess we'll see what happens when he's able to play again but I was surprised at how inconsistent his playing time was last season. It seemed as if he only played if another frontcourt player was unable to play. Even an undrafted free agent (and limited player) like Cristian Felicio moved ahead of him on the depth chart. Then they seemingly drafted over him by taking Markkhanen early in the draft (very telling). I say this will no knowledge of the work or development he's experienced in the offseason, however, and I hope he can carve out a role. We know that Mirotic has at least the ability to be a double-figure-scoring reserve and Bobby looks to maybe have a long rode to get to that point.

sickboy

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 30, 2017, 12:57:07 pm
When you say "upside," what are you referring to? Just his age? He has not shown any defensive ability thus far and does not have special traits on offense. I'd love for you to be right, but everything I've read about Portis indicates he maybe doesn't have much upside right now. I guess we'll see what happens when he's able to play again but I was surprised at how inconsistent his playing time was last season. It seemed as if he only played if another frontcourt player was unable to play. Even an undrafted free agent (and limited player) like Cristian Felicio moved ahead of him on the depth chart. Then they seemingly drafted over him by taking Markkhanen early in the draft (very telling). I say this will no knowledge of the work or development he's experienced in the offseason, however, and I hope he can carve out a role. We know that Mirotic has at least the ability to be a double-figure-scoring reserve and Bobby looks to maybe have a long rode to get to that point.

I'm a lifelong Bulls fan, so I try to watch every game. I see about 80% during the regular season. Portis and Mirotic are about the same players right now when it comes to productivity. Portis just gets way less minutes and his minutes are really inconsistent. They have slightly different games, but they're both guys who have the ability to be a 15-17ppg player and nab 10 boards. The difference in these two guys, to me... is want. Portis has the desire to develop. Mirotic is lazy.

Sadly, both guys suffer from the same plight. And that's that they play for the Chicago Bulls. I think Bobby could benefit this season though when he comes back to the Bulls, especially if Mirotic is gone. If H-berg really runs this run and gun offense that we're starting to see -- Portis is going to thrive in that system. Mirotic, not so much.

Still, as much as I love the Bulls, I'd like to see Portis go somewhere where they have weapons and true system... not to mention a front office that knows what they're doing.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 30, 2017, 12:23:18 pm

Bobby actually won them a game in Boston last season.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 30, 2017, 06:16:48 pm
Bobby actually won them a game in Boston last season.

Yes, he was a big part of the Game 1 when in the first round series that Chicago lost 4 straight to lose after being up 2-0. But let's be honest, Jimmy Butler had 30 points and 9 rebounds that game along with some very good defense. Robin Lopez had a double double. Bobby was a big help. He did not win them a game on his own. We're not talking about that kind of player when we talk about Mirotic and Portis.

Hawg Red

Quote from: sickboy on October 30, 2017, 05:22:35 pm
I'm a lifelong Bulls fan, so I try to watch every game. I see about 80% during the regular season. Portis and Mirotic are about the same players right now when it comes to productivity. Portis just gets way less minutes and his minutes are really inconsistent. They have slightly different games, but they're both guys who have the ability to be a 15-17ppg player and nab 10 boards. The difference in these two guys, to me... is want. Portis has the desire to develop. Mirotic is lazy.

Sadly, both guys suffer from the same plight. And that's that they play for the Chicago Bulls. I think Bobby could benefit this season though when he comes back to the Bulls, especially if Mirotic is gone. If H-berg really runs this run and gun offense that we're starting to see -- Portis is going to thrive in that system. Mirotic, not so much.

Still, as much as I love the Bulls, I'd like to see Portis go somewhere where they have weapons and true system... not to mention a front office that knows what they're doing.

I guess I don't see what NBA-level skills he has shown to give off the impression that he has true upside. I think, right now, it's a guy that is young and very raw. I'm sure the desire is seen as a positive, but he's really bad on defense and I don't know what offensive skills he has that can be seen as noteworthy. Hopefully he gets a boatload of minutes this season when he gets off suspension and he's able to show that he does have some true NBA attributes.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 31, 2017, 12:57:18 pm
Yes, he was a big part of the Game 1 when in the first round series that Chicago lost 4 straight to lose after being up 2-0. But let's be honest, Jimmy Butler had 30 points and 9 rebounds that game along with some very good defense. Robin Lopez had a double double. Bobby was a big help. He did not win them a game on his own. We're not talking about that kind of player when we talk about Mirotic and Portis.

Your stars are going to be stars. They don't win without help. Portis stepped up provided that help. Not to mention a box score doesn't tell you WHEN those shots were made. I watched the game and he hit some big shots to answer Celtic runs. He was the difference in that game.

Game 1, Portis was the only Bull to shoot over 50% hitting 8 of 10 total, 3 of 4 from 3 land, and also grabbed 9 boards in a 106-102 win. He had the 3rd most minutes on the team with 29 that game. Meanwhile Mirotic went 1 for 9 with 4 pts and 4 boards.

Game 2 Portis got a whopping 9 minutes in which he went 1-1 from the field and grabbed 3 rebounds. Mirotic played 27 minutes, shot a tremendous 5-13 while scoring 13pts and grabbing a staggering 5 rebounds.

Game 3, Portis 17 minutes. 2 pts on 1-4 with 3 rebounds. Mirotic, 11 pts on 3-7 and 6 rebounds in 26 minutes.

Game 4, Portis got 22 minutes, outrebounded Mirotic 8 to 7, and went 4-7 from the floor while Mirotic went 4-11 playing 34 minutes.

Game 5, Portis 3 pts on 1-4 from the floor, 2 rebs in 11 minutes. Mirotic goes for 6 pts on 2-6 shooting, pulling down 4 rebs in ONLY 34 minutes.

Game 6, Portis 5 pts, 2-7 shooting and 10 boards in 29 minutes. Mirotic played 19 minutes, 5 pts, 2-4 from the floor and 2 rebounds.

Series

Portis 17/33 fgs, 35 rebounds, 117 minutes
Mirotic 13/39 fgs, 28 rebounds, 148 minutes

I don't see how Hoiberg justifies Mirotic over Portis.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 31, 2017, 04:44:43 pm
Your stars are going to be stars. They don't win without help. Portis stepped up provided that help. Not to mention a box score doesn't tell you WHEN those shots were made. I watched the game and he hit some big shots to answer Celtic runs. He was the difference in that game.

Game 1, Portis was the only Bull to shoot over 50% hitting 8 of 10 total, 3 of 4 from 3 land, and also grabbed 9 boards in a 106-102 win. He had the 3rd most minutes on the team with 29 that game. Meanwhile Mirotic went 1 for 9 with 4 pts and 4 boards.

Game 2 Portis got a whopping 9 minutes in which he went 1-1 from the field and grabbed 3 rebounds. Mirotic played 27 minutes, shot a tremendous 5-13 while scoring 13pts and grabbing a staggering 5 rebounds.

Game 3, Portis 17 minutes. 2 pts on 1-4 with 3 rebounds. Mirotic, 11 pts on 3-7 and 6 rebounds in 26 minutes.

Game 4, Portis got 22 minutes, outrebounded Mirotic 8 to 7, and went 4-7 from the floor while Mirotic went 4-11 playing 34 minutes.

Game 5, Portis 3 pts on 1-4 from the floor, 2 rebs in 11 minutes. Mirotic goes for 6 pts on 2-6 shooting, pulling down 4 rebs in ONLY 34 minutes.

Game 6, Portis 5 pts, 2-7 shooting and 10 boards in 29 minutes. Mirotic played 19 minutes, 5 pts, 2-4 from the floor and 2 rebounds.

Series

Portis 17/33 fgs, 35 rebounds, 117 minutes
Mirotic 13/39 fgs, 28 rebounds, 148 minutes

I don't see how Hoiberg justifies Mirotic over Portis.

My guess would be Portis' defensive issues are what have him playing less than Mirotic, though I can't rightly say I have an opinion either way on Mirotic as a defender. I don't see Hoiberg just not playing a clearly superior player behind an inferior one. I could see an older coach doing that, but Hoiberg seems like a sharp coach, so my guess would be he probably feels better with Mirotic on defense.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 31, 2017, 05:13:30 pm
My guess would be Portis' defensive issues are what have him playing less than Mirotic, though I can't rightly say I have an opinion either way on Mirotic as a defender. I don't see Hoiberg just not playing a clearly superior player behind an inferior one. I could see an older coach doing that, but Hoiberg seems like a sharp coach, so my guess would be he probably feels better with Mirotic on defense.

I haven't seen that when watching. Something that is noticeable though is Mirotic seems to shoot more free throws which would indicate there is a difference in the way the two play.

Coaches play inferior guys ahead of others all the time. They just don't do it knowingly. A good example can be seen with Iowa St football this season. Their starting QB quit the team before the OU game. The backup has come in completely out performed the starter against the most difficult part of the schedule. People think the coach is a genius now but the truth is the other guy would still be the starter if he hadn't quit.

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 31, 2017, 05:13:30 pm

What in the world have you seen Hoiberg do at Chicago that makes you think he's a sharp coach, maybe in College he was a good coach, but his tenure at Chicago has been a disaster.  If his buddies weren't in the front office he'd already be gone.  He has no idea how to manage NBA players.  And Chicago is pretty much a dumpster fire right now.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him back coaching at the college level sooner rather than later. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 31, 2017, 10:50:05 pm
What in the world have you seen Hoiberg do at Chicago that makes you think he's a sharp coach, maybe in College he was a good coach, but his tenure at Chicago has been a disaster.  If his buddies weren't in the front office he'd already be gone.  He has no idea how to manage NBA players.  And Chicago is pretty much a dumpster fire right now.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him back coaching at the college level sooner rather than later.

Not being able to manage NBA egos or overcome very poor roster construction does not mean you aren't a sharp coach. Chicago being a dumpster fire should not be a reflection on Hoiberg. He's not the one making these horrible *horrible* personnel moves. Sometimes, you just can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh-t. His "buddies" in the front office ARE THE PROBLEM!!! Have you given any consideration to the nonsensical player pairings that FO has put together. They seriously had Jimmy Butler, Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo in the same backcourt (!!!!). And you expect Fred Hoiberg to just coach through that?? Wake up.

So, to answer your question, I haven't seen anything from Hoiberg at the NBA level to show that he's a sharp coach because he's constantly being put in very disadvantageous situations by his front office. I saw plenty from him in college to show me that he's a sharp coach and knows how get his team to perform well. He was just getting going there primarily with transfers and JUCOs.

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 01, 2017, 07:48:51 am
Not being able to manage NBA egos or overcome very poor roster construction does not mean you aren't a sharp coach. Chicago being a dumpster fire should not be a reflection on Hoiberg. He's not the one making these horrible *horrible* personnel moves. Sometimes, you just can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh-t. His "buddies" in the front office ARE THE PROBLEM!!! Have you given any consideration to the nonsensical player pairings that FO has put together. They seriously had Jimmy Butler, Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo in the same backcourt (!!!!). And you expect Fred Hoiberg to just coach through that?? Wake up.

So, to answer your question, I haven't seen anything from Hoiberg at the NBA level to show that he's a sharp coach because he's constantly being put in very disadvantageous situations by his front office. I saw plenty from him in college to show me that he's a sharp coach and knows how get his team to perform well. He was just getting going there primarily with transfers and JUCOs.

99% of being an NBA head coach being able to manage players and personalities, you can't do that you won't last long.  His job is to win with what the front office gives him, he can't do it, he'll end up like every other coach that couldn't and he'll get fired.

And can try to blame it on the players, but he was given rosters his first couple of years that were predicted to be competitive in the East, and they were not.  The problem was the players, especially veterans had no respect for him, they had so much drama last year it was ridiculous, a good head coach doesn't let that happen.  Same way all these reports coming out about Mirotic and Portis having problems with each other for the longest and nothing was done about it.  Dude is a joke as an NBA head coach, he'll probably be gone after this year.  And I don't think any NBA analyst or anybody that's a professional in the basketball field that has watched the Bulls situation will say that Hoiberg is a sharp NBA head coach.   

Hawg Red

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 01, 2017, 05:52:38 pm
99% of being an NBA head coach being able to manage players and personalities, you can't do that you won't last long.  His job is to win with what the front office gives him, he can't do it, he'll end up like every other coach that couldn't and he'll get fired.

And can try to blame it on the players, but he was given rosters his first couple of years that were predicted to be competitive in the East, and they were not.  The problem was the players, especially veterans had no respect for him, they had so much drama last year it was ridiculous, a good head coach doesn't let that happen.  Same way all these reports coming out about Mirotic and Portis having problems with each other for the longest and nothing was done about it.  Dude is a joke as an NBA head coach, he'll probably be gone after this year.  And I don't think any NBA analyst or anybody that's a professional in the basketball field that has watched the Bulls situation will say that Hoiberg is a sharp NBA head coach.

99% is managing personalities? So basically you don't have to know sh-t about basketball? Get out of here. Obviously managing personalities is part of coaching at any level, mainly the NBA. You can be a sharp basketball coach and not make it in the NBA. Many here panned the Avery Johnson hire at Alabama but I was vocal in saying that his style/method of coaching is better suited for the college game. I think the same is probably true for Hoiberg, but it's pretty foolish to think coaches at any level can just snap their fingers and make poorly tailored rosters with toxic personalities work in the NBA....and if they don't, they aren't a good a good coach. Foolish.

And his worst roster in Chicago was his best (last season). He really didn't/doesn't have much to work with. I do think he'll be back in the college game fairly soon, but I actually think he's done an admirable job considering how haphazardly the Bulls are being ran right now at the top.

By the way, Brad Stevens won 65 games combined his first two season with one first round exit. Hoiberg has won 83 games with a first round exit with not near the management/ownership helping him out. He does not have a dedicated front office/owner so the Bulls will not win many games this season (because how could they? Look at that roster). But he's expected to will that borderline G-League team to the playoffs? Give me a break.

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 01, 2017, 06:57:27 pm
99% is managing personalities? So basically you don't have to know sh-t about basketball? Get out of here. Obviously managing personalities is part of coaching at any level, mainly the NBA. You can be a sharp basketball coach and not make it in the NBA. Many here panned the Avery Johnson hire at Alabama but I was vocal in saying that his style/method of coaching is better suited for the college game. I think the same is probably true for Hoiberg, but it's pretty foolish to think coaches at any level can just snap their fingers and make poorly tailored rosters with toxic personalities work in the NBA....and if they don't, they aren't a good a good coach. Foolish.

And his worst roster in Chicago was his best (last season). He really didn't/doesn't have much to work with. I do think he'll be back in the college game fairly soon, but I actually think he's done an admirable job considering how haphazardly the Bulls are being ran right now at the top.

By the way, Brad Stevens won 65 games combined his first two season with one first round exit. Hoiberg has won 83 games with a first round exit with not near the management/ownership helping him out. He does not have a dedicated front office/owner so the Bulls will not win many games this season (because how could they? Look at that roster). But he's expected to will that borderline G-League team to the playoffs? Give me a break.

I'm sorry, I can't argue with someone that thinks Fred Hoiberg is a good NBA coach, or sharp as you put it.  It's absolutely ridiculous, I could probably google and post 20 articles where sports writers and people around the situation are saying he has no idea what he's doing.  Most Bulls fans don't even think he's a good NBA coach and wants him gone.  Seriously, are you trolling or you just hate losing arguments that bad that you're pulling a Stephen A. Smith and just rambling a lot and hope the other guy gives in?  I'm going to go ahead and give in because you obviously have your mind made up that he's a sharp guy, and no evidence (less than .500 record and numerous personnel problems) is going to change your mind.  Have a good night.

Hawg Red

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 01, 2017, 08:07:00 pm
I'm sorry, I can't argue with someone that thinks Fred Hoiberg is a good NBA coach, or sharp as you put it.  It's absolutely ridiculous, I could probably google and post 20 articles where sports writers and people around the situation are saying he has no idea what he's doing.  Most Bulls fans don't even think he's a good NBA coach and wants him gone.  Seriously, are you trolling or you just hate losing arguments that bad that you're pulling a Stephen A. Smith and just rambling a lot and hope the other guy gives in?  I'm going to go ahead and give in because you obviously have your mind made up that he's a sharp guy, and no evidence (less than .500 record and numerous personnel problems) is going to change your mind.  Have a good night.

He made the playoffs with a backcourt of Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo. That is borderline miraculous. What a horrible shooting backcourt. Chicago was 25th in the league in FG% last year and tied for 24th (so, basically also 25th) in 3P FG%. You realize this is the era of shooting in the NBA, right? So, to take a team that put together a backcourt with two ball-dominant guards who aren't good shooters to the playoffs at a time where teams really have to shoot it well to succeed is pretty impressive. And here is the crazy part -- Rondo wasn't even playing by the team the playoffs came around. THEY WERE STARTING ISAIAH CANAAN. What team does Isaiah Canaan play for right now? He doesn't. He's a free agent. Let that sink while you bash Fred Hoiberg and expect him to just get it done regardless of what he's been given in terms of a roster. I'm not saying the guy is a great fit in the NBA. I think he did okay his first two years considering he had the previous coaches personnel the first year and a horrible roster last year. I don't think he's necessarily a bad coach at the NBA level. I do think he's a bad situation that I doubt very many established good coaches would want to take on. If they move on from Hoiberg, expect to see an older coach desperate for another chance or a relative unknown.

You want to compare me to Stephen A. Smith and say I'm just screaming and rambling hoping you give him, but I'm the only one here using facts (yes, facts), logic, data, and reason. I have seen none of those things from him in our exchange. You are just giving typical fan cliche BS. If you want to show me articles of "sports writers" saying Hoiberg has no idea what he's doing because he's struggling to propel a crap roster (for this season and last) to real success, save both of us some time because I've wasted enough time dealing one someone (you) who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Sho Nuff

I think he just wants to avoid any future arse whoopings!

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 02, 2017, 09:35:01 am
You want to compare me to Stephen A. Smith and say I'm just screaming and rambling hoping you give him, but I'm the only one here using facts (yes, facts), logic, data, and reason. I have seen none of those things from him in our exchange. You are just giving typical fan cliche BS. If you want to show me articles of "sports writers" saying Hoiberg has no idea what he's doing because he's struggling to propel a crap roster (for this season and last) to real success, save both of us some time because I've wasted enough time dealing one someone (you) who doesn't know what they're talking about.

LMAO, I wasn't even going to respond, but you responded with an attitude like you know what you were talking about, so I have to burst your bubble really quick.  To get started everything you've said is your opinion or alternative facts as they like to say now.  You've posted no facts at all.  The only fact that matters is his record, which is below .500.  Coaches performance is based on wins or losses, all the other blabbering you were talking about doesn't matter at the end of the day, if he gets fired at the end of the year no other NBA team is going to hire a coach with a sub.500 record at his first job, they don't care what else happened, they won't be able to justify the hire.

This is an opinion

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 02, 2017, 09:35:01 am
He made the playoffs with a backcourt of Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo. That is borderline miraculous.

Here's a bunch of opinions

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 01, 2017, 07:48:51 am

So, to answer your question, I haven't seen anything from Hoiberg at the NBA level to show that he's a sharp coach because he's constantly being put in very disadvantageous situations by his front office.

And here's even more opinions

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 31, 2017, 02:19:11 pm
I guess I don't see what NBA-level skills he has shown to give off the impression that he has true upside. I think, right now, it's a guy that is young and very raw. I'm sure the desire is seen as a positive, but he's really bad on defense and I don't know what offensive skills he has that can be seen as noteworthy. Hopefully he gets a boatload of minutes this season when he gets off suspension and he's able to show that he does have some true NBA attributes.

The only thing you said that was a fact was when you listed the shooting percentages of the backcourt in Wade and Rondo.  And with the way you mixup facts and opinions, I'd have to fact check that first before giving you credit for actually posting 1 fact. 

Junkyard Hog

I'd trade the one that's scared.

As LJ said, you need some mens.

If the roles were reversed, and Portis got punched in the face, I'm sure all of you would have the exact same opinion about who was right and who was wrong.

Hawg Red

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 02, 2017, 12:04:15 pm
LMAO, I wasn't even going to respond, but you responded with an attitude like you know what you were talking about, so I have to burst your bubble really quick.  To get started everything you've said is your opinion or alternative facts as they like to say now.  You've posted no facts at all.  The only fact that matters is his record, which is below .500.  Coaches performance is based on wins or losses, all the other blabbering you were talking about doesn't matter at the end of the day, if he gets fired at the end of the year no other NBA team is going to hire a coach with a sub.500 record at his first job, they don't care what else happened, they won't be able to justify the hire.

This is an opinion

Here's a bunch of opinions

And here's even more opinions

The only thing you said that was a fact was when you listed the shooting percentages of the backcourt in Wade and Rondo.  And with the way you mixup facts and opinions, I'd have to fact check that first before giving you credit for actually posting 1 fact.

Fact #1 -- Hard to be successful in the NBA without being able to shoot.

Fact #2 -- Chicago couldn't shoot last year.

Fact #3 -- Chicago's FO went out and signed 2 starting backcourt players (Wade and Rondo) who aren't strong shooters.

Fact #4 -- Fred Hoiberg outperformed Brad Stevens when comparing their first two seasons.

Fact #5 -- Chicago has a terrible roster this season (please argue that this isn't a fact) that the front office put together.

Fact #6 -- Chicago's front office has shown horrible personnel management during Hoiberg's time (traded Jordan Bell away for a couple million dollars; didn't get much back for Butler; has like 5 PGs on the roster for some reason; traded Gibson and McDermott away for dog crap basically; gave a washed Dwyane Wade like 50 million). They suck. They are the problem.

Fact #7 -- Isaiah Canaan was starting for Chicago in the playoffs (had to the worst player of all players who started a playoff game).

Fact #8 -- Making Plays does not know what a fact actually is (and actually ignored the part about reason and logic so he/she could spew more basic fan cliche BS).

MakingPlays

Not going to keep up the back and forth, time will tell really soon whether or not he's a good coach.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Karma on November 02, 2017, 01:44:11 pm
If the roles were reversed, and Portis got punched in the face, I'm sure all of you would have the exact same opinion about who was right and who was wrong.

I love blanket statements that make the author feel superior

Deli Owl

Sho Nuff

Quote from: Karma on November 02, 2017, 01:44:11 pm
Nah, if Bobby had charged at him twice and then got checked I would say he deserved it.

Hawg Red

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 03, 2017, 12:11:43 am
Not going to keep up the back and forth, time will tell really soon whether or not he's a good coach.

I don't see how he can prove it with what he's working with right now. Do you honestly think he has a roster that even a great coach can truly be successful with. He has one of the 5 worst rosters in the NBA right now.

razorback1829

When floated as a possibility as a trade, BP garnered A LOT of interest. Anyways, he will be playing again tomorrow. BP BACK!!

Hawg Red

Quote from: razorback1829 on November 06, 2017, 08:36:00 am
When floated as a possibility as a trade, BP garnered A LOT of interest. Anyways, he will be playing again tomorrow. BP BACK!!

Felicio is the only big they've been playing off the bench in his absence. You have to think they don't want to play Robin Lopez 35 MPG like they have been. Hopefully Bobby gets a shot and runs with it.