Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sumlin gone?

Started by hogsgolfpro, November 05, 2017, 02:23:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

Yep, he's gone.  Their AD said before the season began that he expected a certain number of wins or he wouldn't be back.  At least their AD has guts...something Jeff Long doesn't have.

The Pulse

He should have lost more games, it's worked for Bielema. Isn't that how correlation works?

RebelliousHog

Not surprised. Sumlin has underachieved at TAMU.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

navyhog24

Meanwhile in Arkansas, our AD and admin have their thumbs so far up their arses

The Pulse

This is the kind of thing that Jeff Long needs to be doing right now: Letting a little slip to the media that Bielema wont be retained. People will calm down with the pitchforks. 

hobhog

Quote from: The Pulse on November 05, 2017, 02:47:18 pm
This is the kind of thing that Jeff Long needs to be doing right now: Letting a little slip to the media that Bielema wont be retained. People will calm down with the pitchforks.

Doubtful on both counts. Pitchforks are what we do?

bennyl08

Quote from: moses_007 on November 05, 2017, 02:30:32 pm
Yep, he's gone.  Their AD said before the season began that he expected a certain number of wins or he wouldn't be back.  At least their AD has guts...something Jeff Long doesn't have.

I think you are confusing their AD with Long.

Long said the exact same thing about Bielema just before this season started.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

NuttinItUp

$10.4 million within 60 days of firing...

Wish I had his contract.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: moses_007 on November 05, 2017, 02:30:32 pm

It takes more guts to keep a struggling coach than fire them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TebowHater

per footballscoop.com

Texas A&M: With yesterday's 42-27 loss vs Auburn, Texas A&M dropped to 5-4 on the season. A&M now hasn't beaten an SEC West opponent at home in 763 days. Change is coming; but source tells FootballScoop not to look for A&M to make a move before the end of the season unless something unforeseen were to occur. A&M finishes with New Mexico, then at Ole Miss and at LSU.

Tusks

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 05, 2017, 03:27:47 pm
It takes more guts to keep a struggling coach than fire them.

Well it takes more stupidity that's for sure.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

phadedhawg

Something is odd in College Station.  Sumlin seems like a good coach but it's just not working out for him there.

King Kong

Quote from: HenduHog on November 05, 2017, 02:34:38 pm
Not surprised. Sumlin has underachieved at TAMU.

Yet I believe stats wise their best HC

King Kong

Quote from: navyhog24 on November 05, 2017, 02:40:13 pm
Meanwhile in Arkansas, our AD and admin have their thumbs so far up their arses

No advantage to firing mid season

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 05, 2017, 03:35:37 pm
Something is odd in College Station.  Sumlin seems like a good coach but it's just not working out for him there.

Texas spread offense disease.  A&M will hire another spread coach.  They'll keep getting almost all of their players from Texas HS where the spread has overtaken and they'll continue to have defenses who underachieve and get worn down. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RebelliousHog

Quote from: King Kong on November 05, 2017, 03:36:25 pm
Yet I believe stats wise their best HC

Agree. The 2nd half of the season meltdowns are the problem.  They haven't been consistent since Johnny Football flew the coop.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

husker71

but you have to admit    that is a good job    football tradition is just ok  but all that talent within a hour or two or 3.  And yet all the Texas schools have fallen on hard times to a certain degree.  Texas Tech just ok to mediocre same with UT and TAM.  TCU is really the only school who seems to be doing well. 

East Clintwood

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 05, 2017, 03:35:37 pm

Something is odd in College Station -- they are aggies. 

They have a long and storied tradition of not quite ever getting it right.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma