Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7 Games left.

Started by ListenHereMister, February 06, 2018, 08:16:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ListenHereMister

Need to win all 4 at home, and win at Ole Miss.  would be icing to win at Bama or Mizzou.

HeyHogs

Could easily lose two of those home games.

mboot

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 06, 2018, 08:48:09 pm

Auburn at home is going to be tough. Kentucky is a better match up because they don't kill it from the perimeter.

hawg1221

Arkansas needs to play with energy like they started the season out with and they'll be fine.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 06, 2018, 08:48:09 pm

Arkansas could easily lose or win every game they have remaining.

Danny J

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 06, 2018, 09:24:40 pm
Arkansas could easily lose or win every game they have remaining.
Correct and probably with the exception of Auburn the same could be said of every other team in the league. Even the bottom two teams can beat the 2-12 teams and it wouldn't surprise anybody.

razobak

Lots of opportunities in those 7 remaining games.

Vandy -- Should be a win.
@ Ole Miss -- Great opportunity for a rare road W.
TA&M -- Get another crack at these guys at home. Ought to win this one.
Kentucky -- Ripe for the picking at the Bud.
@ Bama -- I honestly see this one as a L but stranger things have happened.
Auburn -- GREAT opportunity for a rocking home crowd to make a huge difference. Payback time and the last regular season opportunity for a marquee win. The Bud could be rocking like the 1999 Auburn win.
@ Mizzou -- I think our guys will come out fired up for this one on the road. Could go either way.

Maybe I'm looking through rose colored glasses, but I see a great opportunity to finish the season 5-2 or 6-1 with a couple of marquee home wins to bolster the resume. That would put us at 21-10/10-8 or 22-9/11-7 and possibly a top 4 seed in the SEC tourney if other games fall our way.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

hogsanity

A&M & Aub create matchup problems, the same type problems that have given the Hogs fits all year. OM is not afraid to run with the Hogs, and put 90+ on them in BWA. Bama & Mizzu both have pg's that can hurt the Hogs and those games are on the road.

They have to go no worse than 3-4. Like others, I can see 6-1 but I can also see 2-5.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

I predict this season will end a lot like the 2013-2014 season. We will be on the bubble and will just need to win one more game to make it in. Unfortunately, we will get blown out @Mizzou and then have a big letdown in the SEC tournament.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2018, 09:08:45 am
I predict this season will end a lot like the 2013-2014 season. We will be on the bubble and will just need to win one more game to make it in. Unfortunately, we will get blown out @Mizzou and then have a big letdown in the SEC tournament.
I mean, you did predict the wheels would fall off last night. Thankfully, that didn't happen. Maybe they'll surprise us again and look more like the 2016 team than the 2014 team. could go either way. I kind of expect us to go 4-3 or 3-4, thus remaining solidly on the bubble heading into the tournament.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

OkieBack

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2018, 09:08:45 am

Hasn't Mike won the SEC tournament to get into the Big Dance before?  Tournament play is a whole different monster with Arkansas.  They can notch it up to a new level or they can come out and look dog ugly.  We just need to see if this Jeckyl/Hyde team can turn into Prince Charming here at the end.  4-3 down the stretch would be nice.  More like 3-4 if you ask me with work left to do in the SECT. 

Dirty

Auburn is our Senior Night!  Win!

Cotton

Quote from: razobak on February 07, 2018, 08:32:01 am
Lots of opportunities in those 7 remaining games.

Vandy -- Should be a win.
@ Ole Miss -- Great opportunity for a rare road W.
TA&M -- Get another crack at these guys at home. Ought to win this one.
Kentucky -- Ripe for the picking at the Bud.
@ Bama -- I honestly see this one as a L but stranger things have happened.
Auburn -- GREAT opportunity for a rocking home crowd to make a huge difference. Payback time and the last regular season opportunity for a marquee win. The Bud could be rocking like the 1999 Auburn win.
@ Mizzou -- I think our guys will come out fired up for this one on the road. Could go either way.

Maybe I'm looking through rose colored glasses, but I see a great opportunity to finish the season 5-2 or 6-1 with a couple of marquee home wins to bolster the resume. That would put us at 21-10/10-8 or 22-9/11-7 and possibly a top 4 seed in the SEC tourney if other games fall our way.
Vandy - W
@ Ole Miss - L
TAMU - L
UK - W
@ Bama - L
Auburn - L
@Mizzou - W

SEC Tourney - First Round Loss
NIT - Win, Loss.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

The_Iceman

Quote from: OkieBack on February 07, 2018, 09:28:00 am
Hasn't Mike won the SEC tournament to get into the Big Dance before?

No he hasnt.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Cotton on February 07, 2018, 09:49:12 am
Vandy - W
@ Ole Miss - L
TAMU - L
UK - W
@ Bama - L
Auburn - L
@Mizzou - W

SEC Tourney - First Round Loss
NIT - Win, Loss.
The scenario of losing to A&M then beating Kentucky seems silly to me. A&M's guards aren't any good. I expect us to win that game easily, unless they go on a 3-point barrage again, which is unlikely based on the fact that they're a bad shooting team (277 out of 351 teams in 3-pt %). Kentucky is a big one. We wouldn't be sneaking up on them like we have in past years, either. They're not in a position to be surprised by a bubble team like the past better teams have been.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

OkieBack

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2018, 09:50:21 am
No he hasnt.

You got me Iceman.  Arkansas was runner-up in the SEC Championship Game both in 2015 and 2017 to eventual winner Kentucky.

hogsanity

Quote from: OkieBack on February 07, 2018, 10:10:57 am
You got me Iceman.  Arkansas was runner-up in the SEC Championship Game both in 2015 and 2017 to eventual winner Kentucky.

Years in which the Hogs were safely in the NCAAT. They have never played their way in by doing anything in the sect. They did play their way out in 13-14 though.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Cotton

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on February 07, 2018, 09:57:31 am
The scenario of losing to A&M then beating Kentucky seems silly to me. A&M's guards aren't any good. I expect us to win that game easily, unless they go on a 3-point barrage again, which is unlikely based on the fact that they're a bad shooting team (277 out of 351 teams in 3-pt %). Kentucky is a big one. We wouldn't be sneaking up on them like we have in past years, either. They're not in a position to be surprised by a bubble team like the past better teams have been.
You're forgetting who we are.  We always find a way to lose to who we should beat and then play out of our minds against the big name teams.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2018, 10:15:41 am
Years in which the Hogs were safely in the NCAAT. They have never played their way in by doing anything in the sect. They did play their way out in 13-14 though.
8-9 are the worst seeds in the tourney IMO, would much rather be 10-14.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

jst01

Common sense tells me the Hogs wont win another on the road, regardless of who they have left. 

And out of the four home games, three are against really good teams, which makes me think they lose at least one. 

So I think most likely they finish 3 - 4.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2018, 10:15:41 am

Mike got blown out by a below .500 Alabama team and then lost in the 1st Round in the SEC Tournament to a below . 500 South Carolina team.

This team is capable of collapsing in the same way under Mediocre Mike's coaching.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cotton on February 07, 2018, 10:17:00 am
8-9 are the worst seeds in the tourney IMO, would much rather be 10-14.

We will more likely be a #1 seed in the NIT if he doesn't win a road game, and/or beat Auburn.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2018, 10:20:33 am
We will more likely be a #1 seed in the NIT if he doesn't win a road game, and/or beat Auburn.

I think they et in the ncaat at 8-10 if they win a sect game as well, maybe do not even have to do that.

One issue they have is that their rpi keeps taking hits because some f their " good " ooc wins are falling fast, MN, Fresno, Uconn, okie st all have rpis that have either or soon will fall into the 100-125 range. 

jst01

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2018, 10:24:01 am
I think they et in the ncaat at 8-10 if they win a sect game as well, maybe do not even have to do that.

One issue they have is that their rpi keeps taking hits because some f their " good " ooc wins are falling fast, MN, Fresno, Uconn, okie st all have rpis that have either or soon will fall into the 100-125 range. 

Depends.  If they only win 3 more games and its against Vandy, Miss and Mizzu,  they will miss the tourney.   If they win 3 more and its at Miss, and against Auburn and Kentucky, then you might be right. 

OkieBack

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2018, 10:19:42 am
Mike got blown out by a below .500 Alabama team and then lost in the 1st Round in the SEC Tournament to a below . 500 South Carolina team.

This team is capable of collapsing in the same way under Mediocre Mike's coaching.

Such optimism, Iceman!  Hey, we got this empty phone desk if you wanna fill in down at the Suicide Hotline. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: OkieBack on February 07, 2018, 10:10:57 am

It's ok. I understand many confuse the accomplishments of Nolan with Mike.

OkieBack

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2018, 11:03:35 am
It's ok. I understand many confuse the accomplishments of Nolan with Mike.

Hey, just to get to the SEC Championship game in itself ain't too bad.  But then again I realize this type of optimism is purely not allowed on this thread if we are ever gonna get rid of the awful, terrible Mike Anderson.   ;)

Also I didn't realize Nolan was still coaching in 2015 and 2017.  Go Nolan!

The Hogfather

Quote from: Dirty on February 07, 2018, 09:45:45 am
Auburn is our Senior Night!  Win!

Completely agree.  We'll beat Auburn at home and cement our place in the NCAAT.

I think we finish the regular season with 4 wins and 3 losses, putting us @ 20-11 (9-9).  9-9 in conference realistically puts us likely in a tie for 4th or 5th this year.  Lunardi is predicting 8 SEC teams currently.  We have a really good league that performed pretty well in the non-con, including us, for the most part.

hogsanity

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 07, 2018, 12:03:54 pm
Completely agree.  We'll beat Auburn at home and cement our place in the NCAAT.

I think we finish the regular season with 4 wins and 3 losses, putting us @ 20-11 (9-9).  9-9 in conference realistically puts us likely in a tie for 4th or 5th this year.  Lunardi is predicting 8 SEC teams currently.  We have a really good league that performed pretty well in the non-con, including us, for the most part.

The SEC played the RPI game very well this season.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: jst01 on February 07, 2018, 10:19:31 am
Common sense tells me the Hogs wont win another on the road, regardless of who they have left. 

And out of the four home games, three are against really good teams, which makes me think they lose at least one. 

So I think most likely they finish 3 - 4.

The Hogs can win on the road at Alabama, provided we play defense against their Point Guard.

I don't see us winning at home against Auburn.

The key games during this stretch are the home games against Texas A&M and Kentucky.  We really need to win both of those home games.

OkieBack

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 07, 2018, 03:42:11 pm
The Hogs can win on the road at Alabama, provided we play defense against their Point Guard.

I don't see us winning at home against Auburn.

The key games during this stretch are the home games against Texas A&M and Kentucky.  We really need to win both of those home games.

I don't really care how it happens so long as we get 4 or 5 wins out of it.  Gotta beat Vandy.  Kentucky has been off as of late.  Alabama has basically the same record as the Hogs.  Auburn may not care if they win the game against us or not as they have little to prove by that point.  Ole Miss who knows.  A&M who knows.  If Hogs get up for Mizzou as a rivalry game we will see if they can TCB.  Hogs can win or lose any of them.