Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nick Babb - ISU - KA - Florida

Started by chiefhawg, May 06, 2015, 03:39:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefhawg

Is it ironic that Nick goes to ISU and Hoiberg may be in the NBA next year with the Bulls. And KA may becoming here to fill Nick's slot because Donovan left Florida for OKC in the NBA.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: chiefhawg on May 06, 2015, 03:39:45 pm
Is it ironic that Nick goes to ISU and Hoiberg may be in the NBA next year with the Bulls. And KA may becoming here to fill Nick's slot because Donovan left Florida for OKC in the NBA.

Yes, there is enough irony there to make your stool turn black. More irony than a plate of fried liver and onions. More irony than a rusty nail.......
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The_Iceman

Quote from: chiefhawg on May 06, 2015, 03:39:45 pm

I just wish players could transfer without having to sit out if their head coach leaves.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on May 06, 2015, 03:50:28 pm
Yes, there is enough irony there to make your stool turn black. More irony than a plate of fried liver and onions. More irony than a rusty nail.......

I see what you did there

trashcan maN

I think the Bulls got cold feet on Hoiberg based on his heart troubles. I read an article on it a while back.

I've been watching that situation closely because I'm a Magic fan, and I'd love to see Thibodeau come on down and teach these yung'ns.

Big Nasty 34

I just don't get why the Bulls would wanna get rid of him. He's a great defensive coach. Would be a big mistake I think.

sickboy

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on May 13, 2015, 08:01:22 am
I just don't get why the Bulls would wanna get rid of him. He's a great defensive coach. Would be a big mistake I think.

Supposedly the Bulls brass are clashing with him hard. But as a Bulls fan, I agree with you. I think he's a great coach and I think we'd be idiots to let him go.

husker71

after a few years players will normally get tired of the same schtick especially if the coach is kind of anal.  Reports from the Chicago media suggest this is the case and that the same goes for management.  I think he is a really good coach but needs to go to a team that is on the edge of winning big.  I think if he was now going to the Bulls instead of 5 years ago they would be in a better situation.  I think it is all of nothing for him and the Bulls this year but I asked a friend what would happen if the Bulls go to the finals and then get beat in a very close series?? How would you fire him then??

TexasRazorback

Nick chose ISU because of his family's relationship with the coach and school. His brother did the same thing. Transferred from Penn State and ended up having a solid career with ISU before leaving after his senior year and is now with the celtics

Kevin

Tough minded and none wavering coaches do not last long in the nba
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

popcornhog

Quote from: sickboy on May 14, 2015, 02:09:27 am
Supposedly the Bulls brass are clashing with him hard. But as a Bulls fan, I agree with you. I think he's a great coach and I think we'd be idiots to let him go.

Blows my mind. I think he's an amazing coach.

The Griz and Pels are my teams (if I'm allowed two teams, haha).

Word in New Orleans is that they'll go after him hard if the Bulls fire him.
WPS