Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn PD: Bama LB Reuben Foster present during triple homicide, not involved

Started by jbcarol, April 30, 2016, 09:05:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/MattScalici/status/726144451270332416

QuoteAuburn police have confirmed to AL.com that while Alabama football linebacker Reuben Foster was present at the shooting that left three dead outside an Auburn nightclub on April 23, the Tide football star was not involved in the incident.

Auburn Police Chief Paul Register confirmed to AL.com that Foster, an Auburn native, wasn't involved in the shooting.

Auburn police learned from other attendees "way after the fact" that Foster was at Mr. D's Lodge the night of the shooting, he said.

"There was no information that he or any other athletes were involved in the actual shooting itself," Register said.

Three men -- identified as Roderick L. Nelms, 32, Jadarrion L. Spinks, 25, and Recco R. Cobb, 43, all from Auburn --  were killed during an exchange of gunfire outside the club located in the 1200 block of Lee Road 83, according to police.

The shooting stemmed from an argument that started inside the club, Register said.

Tarabien Latrent Cobb, 33 of Auburn was arrested and charged with capital murder in the shooting.

Register said the suspect is a relative of victim, Recco Cobb.

The police chief also said the Hummer towed from the club's parking lot belonged to one of the victims. It doesn't belong to Foster, he said.

Register said those involved in the shooting were "all local guys. They all know each other," he said.

According to Foster's Twitter page, he and at least one of the victims, Recco Cobb, were friends.

He wrote this on his Twitter page: "You my heart dawg my rider bra wherever I go you go wherever you go I go we had a PACK 1Love one for me and one for you brother R.I.P Recco Cobb #OG"
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net