Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016: Cheickna Dembele 6'11" Center

Started by The_Iceman, February 24, 2016, 03:31:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Would be tough. Alot of big names starting to get in on him.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

The_Iceman

Quote from: batmanfan on February 24, 2016, 03:39:23 pm
Would be tough. Alot of big names starting to get in on him.

We may have an inside connection with him. A local coach in our area has done mission trips to Mali where they put on basketball camps there. I have absolutely no info for this, I'm just stating a possible connection.

razorhead94

All we need to do is show him Moses Kingsley's numbers and how he's progressed at Arkansas.  Perfect replacement
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

rude1

Wouldn't be a bad pickup, with Kingsley and Trey on hand, you got a year to bring him along slowly, and maybe he is ready to help as a backup after Kingsley is gone.

Scott7703

This would be a big time get late in the game. Definitely meets a need as well.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ADavisTheGOAT

Best part of this is he's in the 2016 class. We get him and we're set.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Uncommon

Quote from: Hogfan991 on February 24, 2016, 07:16:33 pm
Best part of this is he's in the 2016 class. We get him and we're set.
The numbers will have to "work themselves out" IF it happened.  Either Watkins would go back to being a walk-on, someone transfers, or someone in the 2016 class doesn't qualify.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Uncommon on February 24, 2016, 07:22:21 pm
The numbers will have to "work themselves out" IF it happened.  Either Watkins would go back to being a walk-on, someone transfers, or someone in the 2016 class doesn't qualify.
Doobie is on scolly right? I'd imagine he transfers.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Uncommon

Quote from: Hogfan991 on February 24, 2016, 07:24:07 pm
No.  He was a 2016 that reclassified to 2015.  He'll stay put.

jjdlc

Quote from: Hogfan991 on February 24, 2016, 07:24:07 pm

Why are so many people around here so keen on seeing this kid gone?  We have all of 7 minutes of playing time to base any opinion on.  In that 7 minutes, he hit a 3, grabbed 2 rebounds, and had 1 assist. 

ricepig

Quote from: jjdlc on February 24, 2016, 07:48:35 pm
Why are so many people around here so keen on seeing this kid gone?  We have all of 7 minutes of playing time to base any opinion on.  In that 7 minutes, he hit a 3, grabbed 2 rebounds, and had 1 assist. 

And got mono.........

Uncommon

February 24, 2016, 07:50:52 pm #13 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 08:03:21 pm by Uncommon
Plus, he's a kid that graduated a year earlier he was supposed to.  Therefore, giving him 1 less year to develop.  Basically a 17-18 year old playing amongst 18-23 year olds.  This is a good thing to get a kid so early.  Let him redshirt and develop a whole year in our program and see where he is next season.

jjdlc

Hawg Red

If this kid really does have NBA potential (as the one article suggests), the Watkins will have no problem going back on scholarship for a year, I'd imagine.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 24, 2016, 09:20:05 pm
If this kid really does have NBA potential (as the one article suggests), the Watkins will have no problem going back on scholarship for a year, I'd imagine.

Yep Manny giving up his scholarship to help prolong his dad 300k+ job is a no Brainer. Assuming they find a guy worth it.

hulk hog

This kid would be our 6th signee correct? 
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Razorod

Yep. Three high school and three juco.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Scott7703

I agree with this. Keep Jenkins on scholarship and take Watkins. Watkins came in as a walk on so its the way it should be.

Hawg Red

You're right, there's really no reason for anyone to want Jenkins to transfer, but he's the easiest target when considering a possible numbers crunch. I think that's where most people are coming from. They see a need for more talent on the roster, and in order for that to happen, things like Manny going back to walk-on status and Jenkins (who people basically haven't seen play and wasn't highly rated) transferring out would need to happen. It's all moot, it appears, though, with all of the chatter about him redshirting.

WooPig90

Quote from: Uncommon on February 24, 2016, 07:28:37 pm
No.  He was a 2016 that reclassified to 2015.  He'll stay put.

Doesnt mean anything. He can still transfer after this season if he wants to

HoopS

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 25, 2016, 09:29:24 am
Doesnt mean anything. He can still transfer after this season if he wants to
he can. And lose a year of eligibility since he's used his RS now.

redleg

If CMA gets Dembele then Watkins would go back to walk-on status, which wouldn't hurt much since his dad works for the university.
Dembele (6'11" 230) would solidify the center/PF spots along with Kingsley (6'10" 230), Thompson (6'9" 250), and Arlando Cook (6'9" 220).
But it looks as if CMA will only be able to sign 2 players to the 2017 class, unless someone transfers or is booted from the team.
The 2018 class is the next big one! There could be as many as 6 scholies available, and with Connor Vanover and Ethan Henderson in-state, they will be MUST GETS for the Hogs. I, along with many other Razorback fans, are tired of Anderson missing on the top in-state talent! Portis is the only high-profile recruit CMA has been able to sign, missing on Goodwin, K. Allen, Monk, and even Eric Curry! Lawson Korita may end up being another Dusty Hannahs.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

WooPig90

Quote from: redleg on February 25, 2016, 10:47:52 am
If CMA gets Dembele then Watkins would go back to walk-on status, which wouldn't hurt much since his dad works for the university.
Dembele (6'11" 230) would solidify the center/PF spots along with Kingsley (6'10" 230), Thompson (6'9" 250), and Arlando Cook (6'9" 220).
But it looks as if CMA will only be able to sign 2 players to the 2017 class, unless someone transfers or is booted from the team.
The 2018 class is the next big one! There could be as many as 6 scholies available, and with Connor Vanover and Ethan Henderson in-state, they will be MUST GETS for the Hogs. I, along with many other Razorback fans, are tired of Anderson missing on the top in-state talent! Portis is the only high-profile recruit CMA has been able to sign, missing on Goodwin, K. Allen, Monk, and even Eric Curry! Lawson Korita may end up being another Dusty Hannahs.

Heard that Vanover wouldnt really be great fit for MA's system and Vanover isnt that high on Arkansas. Things could change I guess

redleg

Sounds about right. Once again, the best player in Arkansas isn't interested in playing for Arkansas.  >:(
What in the hell is going on?! WHY does this keep happening?!  ???  >:(
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Scott7703

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 25, 2016, 10:57:43 am
Heard that Vanover wouldnt really be great fit for MA's system and Vanover isnt that high on Arkansas. Things could change I guess

This is pretty much the exact opposite of what folks at Arkansas baptist are saying.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 25, 2016, 11:14:11 am

This is pretty much the exact opposite of what folks at Arkansas baptist are saying.

Yeah, I've heard he's a major Hog fan.

hogwood

Quote from: redleg on February 25, 2016, 10:47:52 am

We need to win next season. Mike NEEDS to win next season. I'm down to only have 2 scholarships in 2017.

hogwood

hogwood

Also interesting that we were going after another kid from Mali earlier this year (Bourama Sidibe) who has now reclassified to 2017. Hope we have a real chance with this kid. Moses should be his lead recruiter LOL.

WooPig90

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 25, 2016, 11:14:11 am

Heard hes a hog fan but seems like some people are in his ear telling him about his fit in this system. Danny West also said something along these lines on the radio last week as well.

Hawg Red

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 25, 2016, 12:08:41 pm
Heard hes a hog fan but seems like some people are in his ear telling him about his fit in this system. Danny West also said something along these lines on the radio last week as well.

If he watches the games, and I know he does, he sees what Trey Thompson is doing.

WooPig90

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 25, 2016, 12:18:22 pm
If he watches the games, and I know he does, he sees what Trey Thompson is doing.

I dont see how those 2 are close to the same player at all

Hawg Red

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 25, 2016, 12:23:29 pm
I dont see how those 2 are close to the same player at all

I'm sorry. I wish you could see how both are not typical Anderson system fits and one is currently a very productive player for the Hogs.

WooPig90

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 25, 2016, 12:26:40 pm
I'm sorry. I wish you could see how both are not typical Anderson system fits and one is currently a very productive player for the Hogs.

Very productive is pretty strong, not so sure that he is that just yet. I think he can be but hasnt shown all that yet

HoopS

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 25, 2016, 12:08:41 pm
worked with Malik so maybe if those people keep it up they can successfully run this one off too. Love our fans.

hogwood

Only game footage I could find of him. Bad quality. Haven't watched the whole thing as it is 16 minutes. He's #128 guarding Thon Maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IpsaBVzc2s

Hawg Red

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 25, 2016, 12:31:00 pm
Very productive is pretty strong, not so sure that he is that just yet. I think he can be but hasnt shown all that yet

However you want to spin it or bury your head in the sand, Trey Thompson was not a great system fit but the staff has molded him into a useful rotation player that displays good potential. At the very least, he he shown he can play in this system. I take the offer to Vanover as a sign that they feel they can do the same with him. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. Maybe it'll work if Connor goes somewhere else, maybe it won't.

WooPig90

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 25, 2016, 12:37:57 pm
However you want to spin it or bury your head in the sand, Trey Thompson was not a great system fit but the staff has molded him into a useful rotation player that displays good potential. At the very least, he he shown he can play in this system. I take the offer to Vanover as a sign that they feel they can do the same with him. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. Maybe it'll work if Connor goes somewhere else, maybe it won't.

Lol you just went from very productive to useful rotation player. Nice!

HoopS

If he loves the Hogs he should come play. People just throw crap out there about him not fitting a system. Whatever. He can fit. We can use him. His handlers or whoever should have more faith in him than to say he can't fit. Sure he can. If he wants to and he will do well. Don't let the failures of someone before you who maybe didn't have your work ethic dictate your path. You choose what you want and work hard to make it work. That's going to be the case no matter where he, or anyone else, goes.

Hawg Red

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 25, 2016, 12:41:56 pm
Lol you just went from very productive to useful rotation player. Nice!

I believe he's very productive relative to the role he has and where he is in his development. Being very productive and a useful rotation player are not mutually exclusive. I can see how expanded descriptive analysis would throw you off based on your responses.

Do you want to actually respond to anything I'm telling you or do you want to keep deflecting?

HoopS

Thompson is clearly developing his game. Just like Whitt. Should be obvious.

WooPig90

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 25, 2016, 12:43:43 pm
I believe he's very productive relative to the role he has and where he is in his development. Being very productive and a useful rotation player are not mutually exclusive.

Do you want to actually respond to anything I'm telling you or do you want to keep deflecting?

Sure thing. You should go back to my first post, I never said he cant play or dont want him. I was simply bringing in what I have heard, sure he can learn and fit into our system over time. Just dont think we should be expecting him to go nuts in his freshman year.

Hawg Red

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 25, 2016, 12:45:44 pm
Sure thing. You should go back to my first post, I never said he cant play or dont want him. I was simply bringing in what I have heard, sure he can learn and fit into our system over time. Just dont think we should be expecting him to go nuts in his freshman year.

It's your second post where you got sideways after I brought up Trey. I'm not sure what purpose the last sentence of your post serves, especially since Trey Thompson is being used as reference and he hardly played as a freshman.

TrueBlue

farfromgroovins

Swinesong1

Evidently Hogs are looking at two players on this squad.

mhuff

February 25, 2016, 01:49:54 pm #48 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:07:56 pm by mhuff
Quote from: redleg on February 25, 2016, 11:08:30 am
Sounds about right. Once again, the best player in Arkansas isn't interested in playing for Arkansas.  >:(
What in the hell is going on?! WHY does this keep happening?!  ???  >:(
:razorback:

Don't believe anything you hear and half of what you see. I have never heard but good things.

It has happened in the past because people were making " Bu$ine$$ decisions. I think we all know what happened.

Hawg Red