Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss

Started by upperdeck_hawg, January 19, 2016, 12:15:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRrazorback

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 19, 2016, 01:46:38 pm
I am always amused at how Arky fans often think we are much better than we are.  I would say we are equal to/less than Ole Miss and they have a better recruiting position.

Wrong Pork.  Do your research. We're better at virtually everything including wins and overall program history. MS has only 1-2 ten win seasons since the 60's

The hog meister

Quote from: duckman on January 19, 2016, 01:41:42 pm
Uncommon is not just a catch phrase for CBB, it is what he bases his whole program on.
I agree totally. IMO if CB had a kid post photos like that after a recruiting visit the kid would not be uncommon and CB would see him in his rear view mirror.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Wildhog on January 19, 2016, 01:40:21 pm
Simply giving credit where it's due.  They're FAR from being the only dirty program in the SEC.

I didn't day they were the only team, but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

We're taking about Arkansas fans calling a cheating program amazing.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

duckman

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 01:44:49 pm
I really doubt that.  I think cheating is going on at OM, no doubt.  But I also think Freeze is smart enough and moral enough to not let it go on under his nose.  It's far separated from him would be my bet.

And you would be wrong, also you are assuming Freeze values morals over winning, again wrong.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 01:44:49 pm
I really doubt that.  I think cheating is going on at OM, no doubt.  But I also think Freeze is smart enough and moral enough to not let it go on under his nose.  It's far separated from him would be my bet.

So millions of people have seen the picture that was just posted on here...yet Ol Hugh has no clue what's going on...?

...riiiiiiiiiight........
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Pork Twain

Quote from: LRrazorback on January 19, 2016, 01:49:24 pm
Wrong Pork.  Do your research. We're better at virtually everything including wins and overall program history. MS has only 1-2 ten win seasons since the 60's
Unlike many, you included, I actually did my research.  We do not blow them away in any category and they actually top us in the most important ones.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/state-recruiting-where-do-best-players-come

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/9/11/4718442/college-football-state-texas-california-florida
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

duckman

Quote from: LRrazorback on January 19, 2016, 01:47:32 pm
Richard Davenport, what do you know about bagmen?  You talk to recruits constantly, ever hear mention of any funny business coming out of Oxford?

If I were RD I wouldn't touch that question with a ten foot pole....

PorkRinds

Quote from: duckman on January 19, 2016, 01:52:37 pm
And you would be wrong, also you are assuming Freeze values morals over winning, again wrong.

You're guessing.  I'm sure you believe it, and it may very well be true.  But there's no proof that Freeze is allowing this to happen. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 01:55:46 pm
So millions of people have seen the picture that was just posted on here...yet Ol Hugh has no clue what's going on...?

...riiiiiiiiiight........

I'm sure they had fairly easy explanations for the picture.   I mean, you guys can claim things all day long, and I'll say again it's likely Ole Miss is cheating.  But to say they aren't ace recruiters is just wrong.  They're really good recruiters and it shows.  Adding the bag money is probably what's pushing them so high, but they'd be up there no matter what.  I heard someone say the other day coaches at Ole Miss spend 70% of their time recruiting.

scruf

Arkansas is 2-0 the last two years against OM. Let's give credit where credit is due.  :razorback:

I'm not the slightest bit jealous of a team that the Hogs will beat again next year in Fayetteville. 3-0 in 3 years will be nice. They can win all the recruiting championships they want but they still haven't even been to the SEC CG so whatever. Loser team. Loser fans. Loser coach. And I'm not talking about their record, which really isn't all that impressive.

How many times have they even won their division since the 60s? None. lol, but keep being jealous of a parallel program if that's what you're into. Knock yourself out. Like, really hard. Make it count.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

duckman

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:01:14 pm
You're guessing.  I'm sure you believe it, and it may very well be true.  But there's no proof that Freeze is allowing this to happen. 

I have eyes, I am not guessing...

PorkRinds

Quote from: duckman on January 19, 2016, 02:06:21 pm

Everyone else has eyes too, you're guessing.  Unless you've personally seen a recruit take money from an Ole Miss coach, you're guessing.

Pork Twain

Quote from: duckman on January 19, 2016, 02:06:21 pm
Unfortunately, as we saw with Cam and then Tenpenny, it takes a lot more than social media to get a team in any sort of trouble and this picture really does not "prove" anything.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

The_Hog_Father

So... A recruit shows up to Ole Miss and stacks of hundreds, a diamond championship ring with his name on the box and all the hot, white trim he can take down just appears out of thin air and totally explainable as being something else. Well... OK. Sure.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:03:09 pm
I'm sure they had fairly easy explanations for the picture.   I mean, you guys can claim things all day long, and I'll say again it's likely Ole Miss is cheating.  But to say they aren't ace recruiters is just wrong.  They're really good recruiters and it shows.  Adding the bag money is probably what's pushing them so high, but they'd be up there no matter what.  I heard someone say the other day coaches at Ole Miss spend 70% of their time recruiting.

There were pictures of Johnny Manziel autographing photos of himself with the guy who was selling them online. But...of course, there was an "easy explanation" for it all.

I'm just curious how you think these "Ace" recruiters would do without that bag of cash? They'd be Michael Smith. Sam Pitman (I know...I know). Barry Lunney.

The cheating MAKES the difference. Hence...I'm not impressed.

scruf

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 19, 2016, 02:14:53 pm
So... A recruit shows up to Ole Miss and stacks of hundreds, a diamond championship ring with his name on the box and all the hot, white trim he can take down just appears out of thin air and totally explainable as being something else. Well... OK. Sure.

Pork Twain

Proof...  Social media is proof of little, even if we want it to be more.

PorkRinds

All you really saw was $300, a championship ring from the school put in a box with his name on it, showing him he could win a ring there, and two white girls posing for a picture.  So you can interpret that however you want to.

jackflash

whatever Ole Miss is doing is working. They are very talented and going to be hard to beat this up coming season

PorkRinds

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 02:15:21 pm
There were pictures of Johnny Manziel autographing photos of himself with the guy who was selling them online. But...of course, there was an "easy explanation" for it all.

I'm just curious how you think these "Ace" recruiters would do without that bag of cash? They'd be Michael Smith. Sam Pitman (I know...I know). Barry Lunney.

The cheating MAKES the difference. Hence...I'm not impressed.

So, specifically, which coaches do you know for a fact are giving recruits money?

greenEGnHAWGS

I'm really confused why you guys are so dead set on defending Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze. Do you guys know him personally or something and want to defend his honor?

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 19, 2016, 02:16:59 pm
Proof...  Social media is proof of little, even if we want it to be more.

Yes. Pictures ARE proof. And context/timing/location is everything when connected to those images.

I like you and your posts. Former USAF TALCE myself... Before working in the Media/Features. Let's just agree to disagree.

PorkRinds

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 02:20:48 pm
I'm really confused why you guys are so dead set on defending Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze. Do you guys know him personally or something and want to defend his honor?

I hate Ole Miss.  I don't like their Beaver looking coach.  But what they're doing is, indeed, impressive.  I for one can't prove they are cheating, but it looks like they are.  But cheating doesn't get you all the players they're getting, or everyone else would be getting them too.  They're doing something right, whether you want to admit it or not.

ricepig

Quote from: jackflash on January 19, 2016, 02:20:15 pm
whatever Ole Miss is doing is working. They are very talented and going to be hard to beat this up coming season

No different than the last two years, how'd that workout for them?

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:18:20 pm
All you really saw was $300, a championship ring from the school put in a box with his name on it, showing him he could win a ring there, and two white girls posing for a picture.  So you can interpret that however you want to.

Haha... There is more than $300 there but whatever.

You should get out of the recording studio and get that law degree. You would make a great defense attorney. And I mean that as a compliment.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:19:28 pm
So, specifically, which coaches do you know for a fact are giving recruits money?

Seriously? While Treadwell is ON A VISIT TO OLE MI$$ he posts picures of a handful of hundreds and beautiful coeds hanging on him...and your go-to question is "Ok, so which coach handed him the money? If you don't know...then it didn't happen!"

C'mon PR...your better than that...

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 19, 2016, 02:25:06 pm
Haha... There is more than $300 there but whatever.

You should get out of the recording studio and get that law degree. You would make a great defense attorney. And I mean that as a compliment.

You got my point though.  All you saw were pictures that can be interpreted any way someone wants to.  That money could have been from his mom and he just wanted to look cool.  Just no way to tell.  I think the more telling thing for Ole Miss is that Tunsil was out for 7 games for taking benefits, so they cheated.  It likely goes deeper than that.  But I'm of the opinion that cheating doesn't always mean they're not good at all.  I feel like these guys are good recruiters, and the benefits are just pushing them over the top.

PorkRinds

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 02:25:21 pm
Seriously? While Treadwell is ON A VISIT TO OLE MI$$ he posts picures of a handful of hundreds and beautiful coeds hanging on him...and your go-to question is "Ok, so which coach handed him the money? If you don't know...then it didn't happen!"

In reality, if you don't know, then it didn't happen.  Proof is what matters.  Everything else is an allegation.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:27:15 pm
In reality, if you don't know, then it didn't happen.  Proof is what matters.  Everything else is an allegation.

There's no such thing as proof if you always make excuses for whats presented.

PorkRinds

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 02:30:06 pm
There's no such thing as proof if you always make excuses for whats presented.

Yep.  Ole Miss skirting the sheriff is all because a couple of Hog fans haven't seen definitive proof that their staff are actually terrible recruiters.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:26:25 pm
You got my point though.  All you saw were pictures that can be interpreted any way someone wants to.  That money could have been from his mom and he just wanted to look cool.  Just no way to tell.  I think the more telling thing for Ole Miss is that Tunsil was out for 7 games for taking benefits, so they cheated.  It likely goes deeper than that.  But I'm of the opinion that cheating doesn't always mean they're not good at all.  I feel like these guys are good recruiters, and the benefits are just pushing them over the top.

I strongly disagree with you and look forward when this deal they have going on is fully exposed. Too bad the NCAA is too afraid to do anything of substance since they are afraid that the P5 will drop them to create their own Governing Body. Lot's of things at play and once again... It will be interesting to see how things go down.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:27:15 pm

I mean, the kids are definitely getting paid. 

But it's not the coaching staff that's doing it.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:30:28 pm
Yep.  Ole Miss skirting the sheriff is all because a couple of Hog fans haven't seen definitive proof that their staff are actually terrible recruiters.

That 4th and 25 play must killed you, huh.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 19, 2016, 02:22:43 pm
Yes. Pictures ARE proof. And context/timing/location is everything when connected to those images.

I like you and your posts. Former USAF TALCE myself... Before working in the Media/Features. Let's just agree to disagree.
Ok, what exactly is that picture proof of?  That could have been the spending money his mom gave him for the trip, the ring could have been a prop like the jerseys we let kids wear and girls have been known to be used to lure recruits.  Hell the was an ESPN 30 for 30 about Ole Miss's tactics with this way back.

As another posted stated, I am not defending Ole Miss as much as I am not willing to put us up on some untouchable pedestal.  I believe Ole Miss is probably cheating their butts off, but this picture does not prove it and can be very easily discounted.

I am not going after you personally here, but that could have been staged.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 02:25:21 pm

Come on dude... His Moms gave him those crisp new $100 bills to throw around on his recruiting visit because we ALL know that none of their expenses are covered. /S

Biggus Piggus

I don't care about anything but observable facts. If Ole Miss can recruit on a high level, there's no reason to make excuses for Arkansas.
[CENSORED]!

RME

Quote from: Wildhog on January 19, 2016, 12:18:49 pm
That's fine, but they just won the Sugar Bowl.

Arkansas takes care of business early on in the season and there's a chance that would've been us instead.

Until Ole Miss starts thrashing Arkansas and winning SEC titles and getting into the playoffs, I'm not concerned.

PorkRinds

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 02:36:38 pm
That 4th and 25 play must killed you, huh.

So you think I'm an Ole Miss fan, just because I don't think the same thing you do? 

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Wildhog on January 19, 2016, 02:35:11 pm

Exactly THIS.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 19, 2016, 02:38:00 pm
Come on dude... His Moms gave him those crisp new $100 bills to throw around on his recruiting visit because we ALL know that none of their expenses are covered. /S

I have no idea where he got that money, and you don't either.

The_Hog_Father

I honestly don't care... I just hope we nail these next two recruiting weekends and continue to whip Ole Miss like yard dogs

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on January 19, 2016, 02:35:11 pm

And I've said that multiple times.  Some of these knuckle draggers seem to think Hugh has a bank in his office and is handing out cash like a bank teller.  All I've said is that they are obviously good recruiters, no one knows for sure who is paying people there, and that the coaches aren't likely involved in any paying.  Now all the sudden I hated beating Ole Miss, and I love that team instead of ours.  It's weird to say the least.

Wildhog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 19, 2016, 02:39:09 pm
I don't care about anything but observable facts. If Ole Miss can recruit on a high level, there's no reason to make excuses for Arkansas.

yessir
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:40:30 pm
And I've said that multiple times.  Some of these knuckle draggers seem to think Hugh has a bank in his office and is handing out cash like a bank teller.  All I've said is that they are obviously good recruiters, no one knows for sure who is paying people there, and that the coaches aren't likely involved in any paying.  Now all the sudden I hated beating Ole Miss, and I love that team instead of ours.  It's weird to say the least.

Insecurity.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:38:29 pm
I have no idea where he got that money, and you don't either.

Too many things point to it NOT being spending money from his Moms... But get that last word in PR.

So now people that don't agree with you are knuckle draggers... I thought you were better than that. But you're not... Got it.

duckman

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 02:20:48 pm

This is my main issue, it is like some of you wish we would do this and condone it.  I would rather do it the way our staff and program are doing it.  Ole Miss will get taken down, Bama will see to that.  Beating them by cheating is a great way to get the dogs on you.  Not saying Bama doesn't do it as well but they are not Ole Miss either.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 19, 2016, 02:42:22 pm
Too many things point to it NOT being spending money from his Moms... But get that last word in PR.

That last word.  You feel better now?

WooPig90

Some of yall are way too concerned about Ole Miss than your own team

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:40:30 pm

Nah, we all know Auburn is the one with the bank, Hugh has the Co-eds had out the money......

Wildhog

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 19, 2016, 02:43:10 pm
Some of yall are way too concerned about Ole Miss than your own team

Yeah, this one thread really takes away from my Hog fandom. 
1909/1964/1965/1977