Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss

Started by upperdeck_hawg, January 19, 2016, 12:15:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

upperdeck_hawg

Looking at the Scout list of top prospects, it's ridiculous how many of these kids are either committed to Ole Miss or have Ole Miss listed in their final 5. They are either the biggest cheaters to hit the recruiting circuit or are out of this world recruiters because compared to Arkansas, what do they have going for them that they are able to land so many top out of state recruits?

Comparing the two programs:

History - Ark
Academics - Ark
Location - tossup (they are closer to a big city, Memphis and it's attractions. Fayetteville is beautiful.)
Facilities/stadium - Ark in a runaway

I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Wildhog

Cheating + ace recruiters = what Ole Miss is doing
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Seems like a SEC Forum topic, time to concentrate on our guys.

Nosboar Accubond

53-52... only numbers I care about in regards to Ole Missy  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Wildhog

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 19, 2016, 12:19:13 pm
53-52... only numbers I care about in regards to Ole Missy  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

That's fine, but they just won the Sugar Bowl.
1909/1964/1965/1977

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: Wildhog on January 19, 2016, 12:18:49 pm
That's fine, but they just won the Sugar Bowl.

fair enough, but they didnt win anything Freeze's first year and they were pulling in guys like Treadwill and Tunsil.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

The_Iceman

A recruit (allegedly) gets $1,000 for giving Ole Miss an official visit (which usually means they're in their Top 5). The Ole Miss boosters are buying branding and marketing getting their name beside Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Texas, etc.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on January 19, 2016, 12:18:49 pm
That's fine, but they just won smoked the Sugar Bowl.

FIFY

Wildhog

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 19, 2016, 12:23:36 pm
fair enough, but they didnt win anything Freeze's first year and they were pulling in guys like Treadwill and Tunsil.

I hate Ole Miss more than most, but what he's done at Ole Miss has been nothing short of incredible.

1909/1964/1965/1977

Paul

TM Hog

But they still can't beat Arkansas! :)

PiggoBitttys

Also helps that their state produces more talent than Arkansas', but still does not explain for their big improvement in recruiting rankings.

I'm not worried about Ole Miss though. Beliema has shown he can beat them. I'm mainly concerned with the trajectory of our own program. :)

Wildhog

Quote from: Paul on January 19, 2016, 12:43:26 pm
FIFY

False. They aren't the only ones cheating. You gotta have the boosters AND ace recruiters to do what they're doing.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on January 19, 2016, 12:44:21 pm
Also helps that their state produces more talent than Arkansas', but still does not explain for their big improvement in recruiting rankings.

If they were getting most of their recruits from in-state, it would explain a lot.  But they aren't.  They're getting these kids from all over the country.
1909/1964/1965/1977

passinghog

Location has much more to do with proximity to elite talent compared to what kids can actually do at that specific location. So in that case, Ole Miss' location isn't a toss-up when compared to Fayetteville.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Showtimehog on January 19, 2016, 12:44:46 pm
Location has much more to do with proximity to elite talent compared to what kids can actually do at that specific location. So in that case, Ole Miss' location isn't a toss-up when compared to Fayetteville.

That's the point I was going to make.

Kids having to drive long distances to go home to eat Momma's cooking can definitely be an issue, and OM is located close enough to tons and tons of great athletes.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Torqued pork

Oxford is where it has always been.

Consecutive wins over Saban's bullies and a Sugar Bowl win are nothing short of amazing for post-60s Ole Miss regardless of how they've done it.

ricepig

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 19, 2016, 01:00:07 pm
Oxford is where it has always been.

Consecutive wins over Saban's bullies and a Sugar Bowl win are nothing short of amazing for post-60s Ole Miss regardless of how they've done it.

Where what has been?

SpringTxHOG

I may be able to shed some light on this subject.  I recently sent my son off to college in Fall '15 - Texas Tech :puke:.  I hate his choice.  However, I went on the college campus tour of every single campus / college he was accepted - ARK, LSU, Ole Miss, Bama, a$m, Baylor, Tech, Az St-ASU, and Wash. U-Dub.  For the record I was all in for ASU and the Tempe area!  However, my son was all in for Ole Miss.  Ole Miss knows how to sell Ole Miss.  The campus, student life, academic life, and what to expect while in Oxford was second to none.  Ole Miss's tour was the best I went to (not even close)...worst a$m (so poor it was hard to describe).  I thought I would be shelling out a check every semester to OM...finally he put the State of Miss with the University of and that was the end of Ole Miss.  I can tell you this...CHF seems like a guy with a sales and followup process.  Pair CHF with how Ole Miss sells their University and I no longer question how he gets highly recruited players to sign with Ole Miss.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Wildhog on January 19, 2016, 12:24:46 pm
I hate Ole Miss more than most, but what he's done at Ole Miss has been nothing short of incredible.

Not sure how it can be considered "nothing short of incredible" when cheating is involved...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

scruf

Quote from: ricepig on January 19, 2016, 12:17:17 pm
Seems like a SEC Forum topic, time to concentrate on our guys.
Yes, please move this to the garba..I mean, SEC Sports forum.

Dropkick

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 01:08:03 pm
Not sure how it can be considered "nothing short of incredible" when cheating is involved...
Maybe he meant incredible they haven't been caught.............................

Hoggish1

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 19, 2016, 12:15:30 pm
Looking at the Scout list of top prospects, it's ridiculous how many of these kids are either committed to Ole Miss or have Ole Miss listed in their final 5. They are either the biggest cheaters to hit the recruiting circuit or are out of this world recruiters because compared to Arkansas, what do they have going for them that they are able to land so many top out of state recruits?

History - Ark
Academics - Ark
Location - tossup (they are closer to a big city, Memphis and it's attractions. Fayetteville is beautiful.)

Are you $eriou$ly a$king thi$...?  Don't you know$...

greenEGnHAWGS

I hate it when people say that what that cheating coach is doing is "incredible". If CBB decides to drop $5k per recruit that gives them an official visit and we start getting these 4/5* recruits that way...are you going to say "Wow...what CBB has done with this program is INCREDIBLE."? No. You wouldn't.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PorkRinds

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 01:14:54 pm
I hate it when people say that what that cheating coach is doing is "incredible". If CBB decides to drop $5k per recruit that gives them an official visit and we start getting these 4/5* recruits that way...are you going to say "Wow...what CBB has done with this program is INCREDIBLE."? No. You wouldn't.

Uh...yeah I would. 

Seebs

Being closer to Memphis is a huge deterrent.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Wildhog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 01:14:54 pm

I absolutely would, without hesitation.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

And don't forget what incredible actually means.  It means "not credible or believable".  I would certainly say what HF has done with Ole Piss is "incredible".

The_Hog_Father

When a top of the food chain football recruit posts images like these ON his recruiting visit... Is there any question as to what is going on at Ole Miss?  :puke:

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 01:14:24 pm
Uh...yeah I would.

That makes no sense to me.

So you look at players who take steroids to gain an unfair advantage and say "Wow, what they did is NOTHING short of INCREEEEEDIBLE..."

or a team that pays off refs to win a game..."Wow...How awesome are they to accomplish that incredible feat."

Yep...what they have done is...incredible huh.

duckman

Quote from: Dropkick on January 19, 2016, 01:08:43 pm
Maybe he meant incredible they haven't been caught.............................

THIS ^^^ 

Ace recruiters my A$$, they are cheating on a level not seen since the days of SMU.  They're going to need to.  While some see these guys as "Ace" recruiters, the one thing they are not.....  "Ace" coaches.  They ethics they lack in recruiting will also turn up on the field.  The inherent problem with bought players?  They lack character, and that will be good for at least a loss or two every year and combine that with a staff that lacks character I guarantee they lose a couple they shouldn't. 

The best part about this is they WILL get nailed soon enough.  You may be able to get away with cheating, but what you will not do is get away with cheating and beat BAMA doing it.  Bama will have Ole Miss taken down a notch or two, just watch.

Wildhog

You guys crack me up.  So much butt hurt.
1909/1964/1965/1977

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: duckman on January 19, 2016, 01:28:48 pm
THIS ^^^ 

Ace recruiters my A$$, they are cheating on a level not seen since the days of SMU.  They're going to need to.  While some see these guys as "Ace" recruiters, the one thing they are not.....  "Ace" coaches.  They ethics they lack in recruiting will also turn up on the field.  The inherent problem with bought players?  They lack character, and that will be good for at least a loss or two every year and combine that with a staff that lacks character I guarantee they lose a couple they shouldn't. 

The best part about this is they WILL get nailed soon enough.  You may be able to get away with cheating, but what you will not do is get away with cheating and beat BAMA doing it.  Bama will have Ole Miss taken down a notch or two, just watch.

Thank you duckman. It's pretty easy to be considered an "Ace" recruiter when you have a handful of $100 bills to pass out at will.

PorkRinds

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 01:25:35 pm
That makes no sense to me.

So you look at players who take steroids to gain an unfair advantage and say "Wow, what they did is NOTHING short of INCREEEEEDIBLE..."

or a team that pays off refs to win a game..."Wow...How awesome are they to accomplish that incredible feat."

Yep...what they have done is...incredible huh.

Are you unsure of what the word incredible means?  Methinks you might be.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Wildhog on January 19, 2016, 01:32:23 pm

I think your confusing butthurt with absolute bewilderment with how you guys can sit there and drool over Ole Mi$$s "Ace" recruiters.

duckman

Quote from: Wildhog on January 19, 2016, 01:18:30 pm
I absolutely would, without hesitation.

So glad you are not involved then.

Here is the thing, if a player wants to get paid BB will not so much as give him a second look.  BB would rather have a guy that is less highly rated but has a great work ethic and is driven than a prima donna that would rather get paid. 

ricepig

Nah, the butt hurt is for Bama with me, we can't beat them lately. OM isn't going to win the SECw before we do, if either of us ever does again, lol.

The_Hog_Father

You can show people pics and they still don't get it or don't care...

LRrazorback

History - Ark
Academics - Ark

Coaching- Ark. One has  multiple P5 championships one has a sunbelt championship. One has put lots of players in the league one has not

PorkRinds

Quote from: duckman on January 19, 2016, 01:38:59 pm
So glad you are not involved then.

Here is the thing, if a player wants to get paid BB will not so much as give him a second look.  BB would rather have a guy that is less highly rated but has a great work ethic and is driven than a prima donna that would rather get paid.

Dude, gear down big shifter.  BB isn't the one that would be paying players, just like the Ole Miss coaches likely aren't.  If boosters are paying recruits there, the coaches are staying away from it.  They likely don't know, and don't care, who is getting paid.  I would almost promise you that any recruit that went to Freeze's office asking for $1000 wouldn't be given a scholarship either.

Wildhog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 19, 2016, 01:37:41 pm
I think your confusing butthurt with absolute bewilderment with how you guys can sit there and drool over Ole Mi$$s "Ace" recruiters.

Simply giving credit where it's due.  They're FAR from being the only dirty program in the SEC. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

duckman

Uncommon is not just a catch phrase for CBB, it is what he bases his whole program on.

duckman

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 01:39:01 pm
Dude, gear down big shifter.  BB isn't the one that would be paying players, just like the Ole Miss coaches likely aren't.  If boosters are paying recruits there, the coaches are staying away from it.  They likely don't know, and don't care, who is getting paid.  I would almost promise you that any recruit that went to Freeze's office asking for $1000 wouldn't be given a scholarship either.

Do you think CBB would allow it to occur?  Do you think he would turn his head?

duckman

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 01:39:01 pm

If you don't think Freeze knows exactly what is going on and in fact encouraging it you are nuts.  Would he hand them money directly, no, would he send them to the person that would?  Without a doubt.

PorkRinds

Quote from: duckman on January 19, 2016, 01:42:53 pm
Do you think CBB would allow it to occur?  Do you think he would turn his head?

Nope.  And I really don't think Freeze would either.  But I don't pretend to know either one of them personally.  Do I think it would be a serious consideration if any coach thought it could get them to the playoff with a chance to win?  Yes, I do.  Even Coach B.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 01:36:01 pm
Are you unsure of what the word incredible means?  Methinks you might be.

Ha ha...please. you're killing me. You actually think that people use the word "incredible" to mean "not credible"?!

"Wow...Odell Beckham Jr's catch was NOT CREDIBLE!"

People use "incredible" simultaneously with "amazing" or "awesome".

My goodness...do we really have to have this conversation? 

Pork Twain

History - Ark
Academics - Ark

I am always amused at how Arky fans often think we are much better than we are.  I would say we are equal to/less than Ole Miss and they have a better recruiting position.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PorkRinds

Quote from: duckman on January 19, 2016, 01:45:22 pm
If you don't think Freeze knows exactly what is going on and if fact encouraging it you are nuts.  Would he hand them money directly, no, would he send them to the person that would?  Without a doubt.

I really doubt that.  I think cheating is going on at OM, no doubt.  But I also think Freeze is smart enough and moral enough to not let it go on under his nose.  It's far separated from him would be my bet.

LRrazorback

Richard Davenport, what do you know about bagmen?  You talk to recruits constantly, ever hear mention of any funny business coming out of Oxford?

Torqued pork

[/quote]
32,000 posts and you still haven't learned Arkansas is the only SEC program that doesn't cheat. What proof do you need that Hogville hasn't provided?