Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Police say Robert Nkemdiche fell about 15 feet at Atlanta hotel; hospitalized

Started by jbcarol, December 13, 2015, 02:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkSoda

Quote from: jbcarol on March 08, 2016, 04:41:39 pm
Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 10m10 minutes ago

Mel Kiper Jr. on Robert Nkemdiche: 'Can you motivate him to the heights that he can get to?' http://sec.news/1R4Iv8I

about 15 feet should do it.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 14h14 hours ago

Robert Nkemdiche's brother, Denzel, the biggest concern for NFL scouts http://sec.news/1pG7g5H

QuoteAs the days continue to wind down before April's 2016 NFL Draft, it may be the vibe teams get from former Ole Miss linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche that determines how high his brother, Robert, will get drafted.

Denzel was dismissed from the Ole Miss football team toward the end of the 2015 season after he was hospitalized for what was called a "personal matter." The influence Denzel has on his brother is what scares most NFL teams.

Nkemdiche has indicated Denzel will not join him in the city where he gets drafted, according to Klemko, but the older brother is still the biggest issue for NFL teams to overcome.

Ironically enough, Denzel's success during his redshirt freshman season at Ole Miss in 2012 was the reason Robert eventually signed with Ole Miss' highly touted 2013 recruiting class.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 17, 2016, 04:12:36 pm

Maybe it had been Laundered?

Lol.  Not sure they need to launder it down there anymore.  Nothing much seems to happen to them anyway.  :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jbcarol

Robert Nkemdiche came to Ole Miss three years ago to play with his brother, former Rebels linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche. But the younger Nkemdiche said he will be distancing himself from his brother as he gets ready to join the NFL.

Quote"Me and Denzel and the family have come to a point where we're going to be separated for the beginning of my career," Nkemdiche said, according to Rebel247.com's Michael Quirk. "We're going to keep football where football needs to be and handle that."

The Nkemdiche brothers have gotten into their share of off-field incidents during the past year. Robert was charged with possession of marijuana following an incident during which he fell out of a hotel window. Denzel was hospitalized twice last year and was dismissed from the program last season. 

Robert Nkemdiche was once considered a potential top-five pick in the 2016 NFL Draft...

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 12h12 hours ago

Ole Miss pro day: Embattled Robert Nkemdiche has no choice but to mature before NFL's eyes http://sec.news/22IYFAq

QuoteOXFORD, Miss. — Robert Nkemdiche has recently become a walking contradiction in NFL circles — which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

On the subject of his pre-draft status, the former Ole Miss defensive lineman hears NFL execs say he's a lock for the top five or top 10 ... even if media mock drafts universally paint a gloomier picture (bottom of Round 1).

On the subject of draft preferences, Nkemdiche initially shies from answering the question ...

"Me and Denzel and the family have come to a point where we're going to be separated for the beginning of my career," said Nkemdiche, shortly after wrapping his pro day workout/informal chats with NFL representatives. "We're going to keep football where football needs to be and handle that."

As a standalone comment, this represents tremendous growth on Robert Nkemdiche's part.

"We're at the point of our life where it's time to grow up," says Robert.

It's imperative for Nkemdiche (who didn't run a 40-yard dash at pro day) to demonstrate that maturity to NFL teams in the coming weeks. His draft slot depends on it.

jbcarol

Sarah Fowler ‏@FowlerSarah 17h17 hours ago

Ole Miss Hugh Freeze defends Nkemdiche from criticism http://on.thec-l.com/1MwYQY0

QuoteA possible slide can be attributed to off-field incidents that include being charged with possession of marijuana following an incident in December at an Atlanta-area hotel and concerns about whether he took plays off or didn't complete plays while in college.

Coach Hugh Freeze said he doesn't believe the latter perception despite Nkemdiche saying at the combine last month that he was lazy at times when he played for the Rebels.

"The narrative out there that he might not always give effort or there might be some laziness to his game is totally inaccurate to what my experience has been with him over the three years," Freeze said. "I want to be very clear: The guy's very competitive and he gives great effort. He's one of the hardest workers we have in the strength program and the practices."

Some draft experts have also questioned what they regard as a lack of production. Nkemdiche finished his three-year Ole Miss career with seven sacks and 98 tackles (19 tackles for loss), though he sometimes faced double-teams.

Freeze believes the production will come when Nkemdiche improves his technique when trying to deal with offenses that will double-team him.

"If you put on a tape like the Alabama game where he's facing some zone-blocking schemes, he's just dominant," Freeze said. "You put on some others where he's facing double-teams, it's not as natural nor should it be. If you're getting double-teamed, you're probably not supposed to win a large percentage of those. It wasn't real natural to him. He's got some improving to do."

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 7m7 minutes ago

| With some mock drafts dropping him to the second, Robert Nkemdiche makes case why he should go in first: http://on.thec-l.com/1Vck677

QuoteThe former Rebels defensive tackle caused a stir when he posted a video of himself playing a saxophone at Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale on Dec. 17. It's one of his outside hobbies, which has led to questions from NFL teams about how much he loves football.

"I'm confused where that came from," Nkemdiche said. "I love football."

He added that he thought the scouting process punishes people who don't fit a stereotype of a football player but didn't elaborate on what that stereotype was.

"I kind of break away from the stereotype of a football player, so it's kind of vague or it kind of shakes them," Nkemdiche said. "But I will never, ever let anything get in the way of my football career. Football is always going to be handled first. Football is my everything. Football is my purpose in this world, and everything factors around that.

"But as a person, interests off the field, I just like to keep myself occupied with things other than watching TV or going out. I like doing other things that keep my occupied and keep my balanced off the field."

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/DanielPaulling/status/723607061506961409

QuoteDetroit Lions aren't the biggest fans of Robert Nkemdiche.

Lions general manager Bob Quinn told reporters that he considered the former Ole Miss defensive tackle a "red flag player" heading into the draft next week.

"That's just things that we have to consider — the value of the player compared to the risk involved in taking him," Quinn said. "So, it's not like these guys are off the board, you've just got to manage the risk and the reward of taking a guy like that.

"You have to evaluate. You have to listen to what your scouts have found from the school. You have got to interview the prospect. You have to talk to multiple people about their background and incidents that may have happened that we all know about and kind of do your own research. So that's part of my job and that's part of the job of the personnel department."

Nkemdiche fell out of fourth-floor hotel room window in Atlanta and was charged for possession of marijuana, leading to his being suspended from the Sugar Bowl. He also admitted to being "lazy" and that he didn't finish plays as well as he should've during his Ole Miss career.

6-foot-4, 296-pound Nkemdiche was widely considered one of the top 10 players potentially available in the draft at the start of last season...

jbcarol

Adam Rittenberg ‏@ESPNRittenberg Apr 28

Most fascinating player in the draft, Robert Nkemdiche, to Arizona. Similar situation to Tyrann Mathieu. Worked out for Mathieu.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Former Ole Miss defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche was actually told to take it down a notch by Cardinals coach Bruce Arians.

Quote"He was killing people in walk through," Arians told Fox Sports 910's Mike Jurecki. "I had to slow him down. It's a walk through, and he bench-pressed a lineman already."

NFL's collective bargaining agreement states that contact is not allowed during rookie camp. Apparently, Nkemdiche never got the memo... "If I get fined, I'm taking it out of your check," Arians told Nkemdiche.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Robert Nkemdiche's NFL career has not gotten off to a great start.

According to Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, Nkemdiche has suffered an ankle injury.

QuoteNkemdiche suffered the injury at training camp while only rookies and quarterbacks were practicing.

Nkemdiche was the No. 29 pick in the 2016 NFL Draft after a stellar yet tumultuous career at Ole Miss. On the field, Nkemdiche was great as he amassed 98 tackles and 7.0 sacks in his three years in Oxford. But he also had some off-the-field incidents as well. Most notably, Nkemdiche fell out the window in January.

jbcarol

jbcarol

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.