Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Police say Robert Nkemdiche fell about 15 feet at Atlanta hotel; hospitalized

Started by jbcarol, December 13, 2015, 02:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Cody Chaffins ‏@Cody_Fox5 49m49 minutes ago Sandy Springs, GA

BREAKING: ATL police confirm responding to Ole Miss star Robert Nkemdiche falling from a 4th flr window. Said to have multiple cuts.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 24m24 minutes ago

REPORT: Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche falls out of fourth-floor window, suffers injuries: http://on.thec-l.com/1SVZBsl

QuoteRobert Nkemdiche fell from a hotel window last night but was conscious and breathing when officers responded to the incident and was in stable condition when taken to a local hospital, according to the Atlanta Police Department.

The Atlanta Police Department added that police found a small amount of what was suspected to be marijuana in the hotel room. GI Squad and a Narcotics Unit responded to the scene with a Crime Scene Unit, according to a report released Sunday afternoon to The Clarion-Ledger.

"It appears that the victim broke the window and then walked approximately 15 feet and climbed over a wall and fell approximately 15 feet," according to the report.

Cody Chaffins of Fox 5 Sports in Atlanta first reported...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Jackrabbit Hog

Okay, if he fell from a 4th floor window and fell approximately 15 feet, where was he?  A hotel for dwarfs??
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling  7h7 hours ago
An earlier report said a four-story fall, but the police report said approximately 15 feet.

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5  6h6 hours ago
Here's the hotel where @Atlanta_Police say Ole Miss's Robert #Nkemdiche fell Sat. Night. @FOX5Atlanta

Quote"We are still learning about the matter, but obviously Robert's well-being is our greatest concern," coach Hugh Freeze said in a statement released by an athletic department spokesman.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbcarol

Cody Chaffins ‏@Cody_Fox5  7h7 hours ago
The latest statement from APD changes fall from 4th story window to 15 ft. Mentions suspected marijuana in room. Says Nkemdiche was stable.

jbcarol

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen 14h14 hours ago

We're hearing Robert Nkemdiche was taken to the hospital more for his mental state than his physical condition...

jbcarol

David Brandt ‏@davidbrandtAP 16h16 hours ago

Police say Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche fell about 15 feet at Atlanta hotel and was hospitalized.  http://bigstory.ap.org/article/67b583c2783642fba954bb2dea629a7f/ole-miss-football-player-hospitalized-hotel-fall ...

QuoteDepartment spokeswoman Kim Jones says it appears that 21-year-old Nkemdiche broke a hotel room window, walked about 15 feet, climbed over a wall and fell roughly 15 feet late Saturday night.

Jones says Nkemdiche was alert and conscious when emergency responders arrived and he was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on December 13, 2015, 02:03:41 pm
Cody Chaffins ‏@Cody_Fox5 49m49 minutes ago Sandy Springs, GA

BREAKING: ATL police confirm responding to Ole Miss star Robert Nkemdiche falling from a 4th flr window. Said to have multiple cuts.

He must have fallen to the second floor roof for it to have only been 15 feet... 8)

jbcarol

DJournalnow ‏@DJournalnow 25m25 minutes ago

Ole Miss DT Nkemdiche charged with possession of marijuana http://ow.ly/VROIn

QuoteOle Miss defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche has been charged with possession of marijuana after being hospitalized following a fall at an Atlanta hotel.

Police say the 21-year-old from Loganville, Georgia, broke a hotel room window, walked about 15 feet, climbed over a wall and fell roughly 15 feet late Saturday night.

A police report said a double pane window in the room had been busted and the room was in "complete disarray." The report also said there were "approximately 7 rolled marijuana cigarettes" in plain sight that police linked to Nkemdiche.

The report says the police investigation is ongoing.

Nkemdiche's status is unclear for the Jan. 1 Sugar Bowl game

kaki

In looking at the Ole Miss boards, seems that there were concerned about his eligibility for the bowl game, due to academics.  He and his brother were previously alleged in a frat house fight a while back, and Denzel has experienced some recent problems.  It is a concern if it is just the Nkemdiche brothers messing up--but that seems a bit unlikely that they are on the only ones in trouble.  Is Freeze running a tight ship?

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 31m31 minutes ago

Despite charges, Freeze believes Nkemdiche deserves to have a conversation. "You got to see the whole thing for what it is."

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 3h3 hours ago

Freeze: "We enforce our tests, and we'll continue to do that. I know the values that we place here."

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 3h3 hours ago

Nkemdiche has stitches in leg and back. Swollen ankle.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 3h3 hours ago

911 call from Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche's hotel fall released http://trib.al/SVbG8cU

Concerned citizen said the hotel was on Peachtree which narrowed it down.

Described Nkemdiche's age as mid-30s.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on December 14, 2015, 02:44:50 pm
Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 31m31 minutes ago

Despite charges, Freeze believes Nkemdiche deserves to have a conversation. "You got to see the whole thing for what it is."

Lol.  Yeah, coach Freeze....we can see exactly what it is.  He got stoned, tore up the room, broke the window & fell off the roof.  Guess Freeze is going to try to figure out a way to spin their way out of this one too, & have him ready to play in the bowl game. 

Freeze:...."Well, no big problem. He didn't land on anyone when he fell off the roof."

The conversation Freeze mentions having with Nkemdiche, should be a short one. "What did you do a stupid thing like that for?"

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen 16h16 hours ago

Freeze, on program culture: "I know the values we place here and the things we do to get our kids to be good men and do the right things."

More from Freeze on RN: "We'll treat him like we treat any other player. The priority is his wellbeing."

Freeze, on RN: "I worry about every single one of these players. Certainly don't beat them up over a past mistake. I've made my share."

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jbcarol on December 15, 2015, 06:46:03 am
Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen 16h16 hours ago

Freeze, on program culture: "I know the values we place here and the things we do to get our kids to be good men and do the right things."

More from Freeze on RN: "We'll treat him like we treat any other player. The priority is his wellbeing."

Freeze, on RN: "I worry about every single one of these players. Certainly don't beat them up over a past mistake. I've made my share."

Priority has always been old misses players wellbeing....................they start being concerned with their financial wellbeing before they even arrive on campus.

Also yes coach we do all make mistakes and I 'm sure you have, but have you done what he did or anything close to that stupid. Oh I forgot you weren't an NFL project.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 15, 2015, 07:32:48 am
Also yes coach we do all make mistakes and I 'm sure you have, but have you done what he did or anything close to that stupid.

He took coaching advice from Sandra Bullock.  I'd say that's pretty stupid.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 8h8 hours ago

#OleMiss' Robert Nkemdiche uncertain for Sugar Bowl after marijuana possession charge, 15-foot fall http://ow.ly/VUY39 

QuoteCoach Hugh Freeze said Monday he hasn't decided if Nkemdiche will play against Oklahoma State on Jan. 1 — assuming he is physically able to take the field. Freeze said he had a brief phone conversation with Nkemdiche, who apologized, and the player's dad.

Nkemdiche, a 6-foot-4, 296-pound junior, has stitches in his back and leg and a swollen ankle, according to the coach. Freeze added he needs to gather more facts and talk more with Nkemdiche before making a decision about any punishment.

"Any time these things happen with young men there's no cut and dried answer, particularly when you don't know all the facts and issues," Freeze said. "I haven't even had a chance to visit with him (in person). I certainly owe him that before we talk about details. My main concern when I first heard it was his health, of course."

Nkemdiche was expected back on the Ole Miss campus later Monday.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 33m33 minutes ago

Todd McShay on Robert Nkemdiche's hotel fall: NFL teams will "close to have forgotten about it come draft time" http://trib.al/1ouYPTx

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 9h9 hours ago

Robert Nkemdiche's status for the Sugar Bowl is uncertain, but he sure can jam: http://on.thec-l.com/1OcUjKS  (video at link)

QuoteRobert Nkemdiche's status for the Sugar Bowl remains uncertain, but what's known is that he can play the saxophone.

The junior performed at the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale on Thursday night with older brother Bryan on the guitar and another band member. They ate dinner at the club before playing two songs as part of the club's weekly open jam, according to manager Ashley Sullinger, who added it was their first time playing and that she would love to have them back.

"They knew who it was," Sullinger said. "He's hard to miss. They were (surprised). Nobody really knew he played sax. They were good. All of them were good. He was a super nice guy."

jbcarol

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on December 15, 2015, 10:14:22 pm

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 8h8 hours ago

#OleMiss' Robert Nkemdiche uncertain for Sugar Bowl after marijuana possession charge, 15-foot fall http://ow.ly/VUY39

LOL.  Does anyone believe Freeze will really hold Nkemdiche out of the bowl game for disciplinary reasons?   The only reason Nkemdiche will miss the bowl game, would be because of not being fully recovered from the roof episode, he did to himself...with the stupid Hotel roof dive.  Freeze is not fooling anyone.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 6h6 hours ago

Ole Miss suspends star DT Robert Nkemdiche for Sugar Bowl http://trib.al/TRpugC3

In unrelated news:

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 5h5 hours ago

Report: Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche declares for NFL Draft http://trib.al/vT2fev3

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on December 20, 2015, 03:03:26 pm
Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 6h6 hours ago

Ole Miss suspends star DT Robert Nkemdiche for Sugar Bowl http://trib.al/TRpugC3

In unrelated news:

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 5h5 hours ago

Report: Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche declares for NFL Draft http://trib.al/vT2fev3

Lol.  Nkemdiche probably decided not to try & play in the bowl game,  just get healed up from his hotel dive & go ahead & declare for the draft now.... told Freeze....& then Freeze announced that Nkemdiche had been suspended.   ;)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jbcarol on December 14, 2015, 06:21:34 am
Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen 14h14 hours ago

We're hearing Robert Nkemdiche was taken to the hospital more for his mental state than his physical condition...

He has to be mentally suspect...........he went to old misses.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen 24h24 hours ago

#OleMiss has issued statements on behalf of Hugh Freeze and Robert Nkemdiche.

jbcarol

Chris Low ‏@ClowESPN Dec 20 Connecticut, USA

Some big names not playing in bowl games: Robert Nkemdiche, Corey Coleman, Shock Linwood, Jeremy Cash, Adolphus Washington, Gunner Kiel.

NaturalStateReb

Freeze had to suspend him.  You just can't let that go.  It's a terrible precedent and example to set.

I wonder if his love of the ganja has performance implications.  Haynes has really outperformed him this season at DE for Ole Miss.  Wonder if he'll be the next Ricky Williams.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on December 21, 2015, 12:42:24 pm
Chris Low ‏@ClowESPN Dec 20 Connecticut, USA

Some big names not playing in bowl games: Robert Nkemdiche, Corey Coleman, Shock Linwood, Jeremy Cash, Adolphus Washington, Gunner Kiel.

Did all these guys jump off Hotel roofs???    ;)

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 30 Dec 2015

"This is going to be the defensive line next year, so let's see what I can do and what we can do without 5." http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/columnists/kellenberger/2015/12/30/kellenberger-breeland-speaks-could-shine-sugar-bowl/78091920/ ...

QuoteRebels have taken to calling this week's trip to New Orleans and the Sugar Bowl as a business trip, which is diametrically opposite to what last year's Peach Bowl turned out being, the intimation seems to be. And for guys like redshirt freshman defensive tackle Breeland Speaks, the only thing left to do this week is actually play the game on Friday against No. 16 Oklahoma State.

"I have family in New Orleans and I've been pretty much spending time with them, catching up with them and trying to stay out of the spotlight and the limelight, whatever you call it," Speaks said. " I do my own thing, stay out of the way and make sure we have a good trip down here."

For Speaks specifically this Sugar Bowl feels like a pivotal moment in his career, a chance for him to join the legions of college football players that have made their name known to the nation with a strong bowl game performance. This may seem like quite a bit to say about a player that probably will not even start the game — Ole Miss' coaches are likely to go with junior D.J. Jones instead to replace the departed Robert Nkemdiche —

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 4h4 hours ago

Guess #OleMiss didn't miss Robert Nkemdiche much in Sugar Bowl. Rebels had 12 TFLs & held #OKState to 21 pts below their average.

jbcarol

Mel Kiper mock draft confirms: Ole Miss star Robert Nkemdiche's NFL prospects slipping

QuoteOne tag no longer applies to Robert Nkemdiche: "Can't-miss."

Mel Kiper, Jr.'s first postseason mock draft predicted Nkemdiche will land with Philadelphia at No. 13 overall.

This comes one month after the 21-year-old fell from a hotel window...

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 1m1 minute ago

Robert Nkemdiche says he was drunk, not high, on night of his fall from Atlanta hotel: http://on.thec-l.com/1QLcbxL

Nkemdiche tells reporters at the combine that he was sometimes lazy and didn't finish plays

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 37m37 minutes ago

#OleMiss DL Robert Nkemdiche said Laremy Tunsil was with him the night of his infamous fall.

Watching his blind side

jbcarol

Robert Nkemdiche: I wrongfully received drug charge because nobody wanted to take the fall

QuoteFormer Ole Miss defensive lineman said he was "drunk" on the December night he fell from a fourth-floor hotel window in the Atlanta area, but claimed he was not in possession of — or under the influence of — marijuana before his fall.

That doesn't reconcile with the charge of marijuana possession leveled against him.

When asked about that discrepancy, Nkemdiche said others in his company brought the drugs, and he was forced into the role of scapegoat.

"There were more people in my room," he said. "The hotel was under my name. Nobody wanted to take the fall, so it happened to be under my name."

jbcarol

Former Rebels star Robert Nkemdiche commented on Ole Miss' perception when it comes to recruiting

Quote"They were pretty clean with me. They recruited me pretty clean," Nkemdiche told SEC Country at the NFL combine. "Of course my brother (Denzel) was there, so that was a huge factor and my mom wanted us to play together, so that was another huge factor. I didn't need a lot more. Plus, people said they were going to come play with me if I went there. It was everything I wanted."

jbcarol

Ole Miss DL Robert Nkemdiche, possible Seahawks draft pick, causes kerfuffle at his NFL combine news conference

QuoteNkemdiche is regarded as one of the real wild-cards in this class, viewed as being as physically talented as any player here but also littered with some massive question marks after an incident in December in which he fell about 15 feet from a hotel room balcony in Atlanta. Police found marijuana cigarettes in his hotel room and charged him with possession. He suffered just minor injuries.

The incident, and the fact that some also have questioned whether Nkemdiche's play matched his potential at Ole Miss, have had some projecting him to possibly be available when the Seahawks pick at No. 26. In his most recent mock draft, ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. has Seattle taking him.

The combine press conference served as the first time he had met the media to address the incident, so it was an obvious focus of questioning.

How Nkemdiche handled his press conference was almost immediately a matter of social media debate, as he admitted being drunk at the time of the incident and also said that teammate Laremy Tunsil, the potential No. 1 pick in the entire draft, was with him at the time — something that no one appeared to have known.

Given the way NFL teams usually overlook these things, it may not have mattered much. But Nkemdiche's answers Friday seemed to elicit even more questions than time allowed.

If you want to judge for yourself, here is some of the official transcript of his interview: (at link above)

jbcarol

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 9h9 hours ago

3 NFL Combine losers from the SEC West http://sec.news/1QHYwBq

QuoteRobert Nkemdiche, DT – Ole Miss

Instead of assuming responsibility for a late-night Atlanta hotel debacle where he fell from his room, Nkemdiche offered that no one in his entourage wanted to "take the fall" for what happened. Since the room was in his name, he had to be the one.

NFL Network reporter Kimberly Jones spoke with one NFL team that was flat-out "not interested" in Nkemdiche because of his off-the-field incidents.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 10m10 minutes ago

Mel Kiper Jr. on Robert Nkemdiche: 'Can you motivate him to the heights that he can get to?' http://sec.news/1R4Iv8I

QuoteMel Kiper Jr., believes in Ole Miss defensive end Robert Nkemdiche's talent. But he isn't sure about his work ethic.

In his latest mock draft, Kiper slotted Nkemdiche to the Buffalo Bills with the 19th overall pick. Kiper said during a Tuesday teleconference that Nkemdiche would be a steal at that spot in terms of talent, but added the team that takes him might need to provide some coaching inspiration.

"With Nkemdiche, I give him to Rex Ryan," Kiper said. "There's going to have to be a good spot. The one where you're willing to say 'OK I'm getting a top five, top 10 caliber player at a bargain point.' But can you motivate him to the heights he can get to? And that's where coaching is going to come in."

jbcarol

Rzbakfromwaybak

Nkemdiche says Ole Miss recruited him....pretty clean...  ??

Hee  Hee.....pretty clean  ??  Guess that means he got the money in a "pretty clean" paper bag?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on March 17, 2016, 03:45:50 pm
  Nkemdiche says Ole Miss recruited him....pretty clean...  ??

Hee  Hee.....pretty clean  ??  Guess that means he got the money in a "pretty clean" paper bag?

Maybe it had been Laundered?