Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Riley Blevins ‏@Riley_Blevins 9h9 hours ago

Riley Blevins retweeted ESPN SEC

Laremy Tunsil and Robert Nkemdiche listed at Nos. 4 and 5, respectively

ESPN SECVerified account
‏@ESPN_SEC

Top SEC players: Nos. 1-5 http://es.pn/1W5YKbz
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

SEC Network ‏@SECNetwork 2h2 hours ago

BREAKING: Ole Miss left tackle Laremy Tunsil will not play today. (via @colecubelic)

School statement:

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Parrish Alford ‏@parrishalford 2h2 hours ago

Hugh Freeze says he "has no idea" if Laremy Tunsil will play next week against Fresno State. #OleMiss

Pulled(PP)pork

I thought I saw on the ESPN ticker that it had been verified he took improper benefits, but I'm probably wrong

PP

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 05, 2015, 05:50:30 pm
I thought I saw on the ESPN ticker that it had been verified he took improper benefits, but I'm probably wrong

PP

No...Can't be...NOT at Old Miss!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on September 05, 2015, 04:52:38 pm

Parrish Alford ‏@parrishalford 2h2 hours ago

Hugh Freeze says he "has no idea" if Laremy Tunsil will play next week against Fresno State. #OleMiss

So, Tunsil is being held out for concern that he may have violated NCAA rules?

But Freeze told us that the ruckus was over Tunsil... "defending his mom"  ???
Maybe the NCAA likes the stepdad's story about the agents... better than Freeze or Tunsil's ?  :)

Sure didn't know the NCAA had a rule against "defending your mom"... :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jbcarol

Laremy Tunsil retweeted
JT Clark ‏@jtclark8  Sep 5
JT Clark retweeted YourNewsTweet
Such bullcrap!!! #freetunsil 

YourNewsTweet@YourNewsTweet
#YourNewsTweet -  Ole Miss sits star LT Tunsil amid NCAA probe http://dlvr.it/C44Q8z

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen  7h7 hours ago
How long #OleMiss left tackle Laremy Tunsil remains sidelined is still up in the air. http://foxs.pt/1UCLGaa 

jbcarol

Jeffrey Wright ‏@Lord_JWright Sep 7

Freeze said that for him to play Tunsil before any kind of NCAA ruling that he would have to be comfortable that OM wouldn't be at risk.

regi

Ole Miss is willing to say he took 5500.00 and take a 5 game suspension. The NCAA is having a hard time reconciling that, with the 300,000.00 Tunsil's Step Father said they were paid. So I hear.

NaturalStateReb

Looks like he's taken at least some kind of agent money or they wouldn't be sitting him.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 34m34 minutes ago

.@Lord_JWright looks at one of the players affected by Laremy Tunsil's absence, Fahn Cooper. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/09/08/rebels-offensive-line-shown-depth-improvement/71908748/ ...

QuoteWhile no further news has arisen regarding the status of offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil for Saturday's game against Fresno State (2:30 p.m., ESPN2), the decision to hold out Tunsil last Saturday against UT-Martin came as a bit of a shock to his replacement, regular right tackle Fahn Cooper.

"I was surprised," Cooper said. "I didn't know the magnitude of the situation, how serious it was, but I still don't really. We're all just kind of playing it by ear."

Cooper did not even learn that he would be replacing Tunsil until Thursday of last week.

"I had played left (tackle) a little bit during the week, just some shades in practice, and Thursday I was taking all of the one reps. I figured I was going to be the one to go on Saturday."

jbcarol

Jeffrey Wright ‏@Lord_JWright  5h5 hours ago
Joint statement from Hugh Freeze and Ross Bjork regarding the status of offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil:

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: regi on September 08, 2015, 10:12:27 pm

Ole Miss is willing to say he took 5500.00 and take a 5 game suspension. The NCAA is having a hard time reconciling that, with the 300,000.00 Tunsil's Step Father said they were paid. So I hear.

This is funny.  So....this has grown a bit from the original scuffle Tunsil had with his stepdad....where Tunsil was supposed to be protecting his mother.

Now it seems it was over......$5,500 to $300,000 from agents.  My guess it was closer to the larger figure... :)

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen  10h10 hours ago
Freeze, on Fahn Cooper and offense moving the ball: "He's played really well. Confident in him. The key is our tempo and staying balanced."

jbcarol

jbcarol

Laremy Tunsil retweeted
Couch Hugh Freeze ‏@CouchHughFreeze 13h13 hours ago

@LandSharkNation It's a hostage situation. @NCAA

https://twitter.com/CouchHughFreeze/status/644029480533651456

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 45m45 minutes ago

Former MRA standout Sean Rawlings steps into starting OL role at Ole Miss http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/09/16/rebels-rawlings-growing-ol-role/32528375/ ... via @DanielPaulling

jbcarol

Taylor Karr@TaylorKarr_8

@SpiritBen ESPN bottom ticker is saying tunsil isn't playing. Any truth to that?
6:50 PM - 16 Sep 2015

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen Sep 16

Ben Garrett retweeted Taylor Karr

Not really breaking news. Nothing's changed. He's out indefinitely as Ole Miss pushes for a resolution.

jbcarol

CollegeFootballTalk ‏@CFTalk 23h23 hours ago

Loaner vehicle reportedly at heart of Ole Miss' Laremy Tunsil's lengthening sabbatical #collegefootball http://wp.me/p14QTT-1v31

QuoteFollowing an altercation between Laremy Tunsil and his stepfather this past June, the latter accused the former of an improper relationship with a sports agent. While it's permissible for college players to talk to agents, it's against NCAA bylaws for the player to accept anything of value from the agent...

From ESPN.com's Chris Low:

Sources told ESPN.com that the sticking point is a loaner vehicle Tunsil received from Cannon Motors in Oxford, Mississippi, while his car was in the repair shop. Tunsil allegedly kept that loaner vehicle for an extended period of time before returning it to the dealership, and the NCAA has deemed it an extra benefit.

It's also believed that, prior to the Tunsil situation, most if not all of the issues being investigated by the NCAA as it relates to the Rebels football program took place during Houston Nutt's time as head coach

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 20h20 hours ago

From @HKellenbergerCL, Ole Miss' Tunsil has no one but himself to blame: http://on.thec-l.com/1LABFp9

Rzbakfromwaybak

Forget about the "loaner car" from the dealership.  Bet there is a lot more to the agent money..... that the stepdad & Tunsil got into the argument about.  That's how this investigation got started.

jbcarol

Mark Schlabach ‏@Mark_Schlabach Sep 16

I bet Eric Dickerson still hasn't turned in his loaner car

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on September 18, 2015, 03:46:29 pm
Mark Schlabach ‏@Mark_Schlabach Sep 16

I bet Eric Dickerson still hasn't turned in his loaner car

Dickerson got one of those..."permanent loaners"...It was a special deal going around at that time, that included the title.  Seems that about half of the SMU football team got the same deal.  Then, along came the four letters....NCAA = No Pony Express

Hog N Bama

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 05, 2015, 06:56:33 pm
No...Can't be...NOT at Old Miss!
I would not be surprised if this is just a little smoke from a much bigger fire in Oxfart!!

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen  19s19 seconds ago
#OleMiss leads Alabama by two touchdowns. In Tuscaloosa. Without Laremy Tunsil.

dhornjr1

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen  4m4 minutes ago
Ben Garrett retweeted Paul Tucker
Yes, Jordan Sims at guard.

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen 6h6 hours ago

Freeze has asked for an update on Laremy Tunsil. He's hoping to hear something this week.

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 2m2 minutes ago

ICYMI | #OleMiss coach Hugh Freeze hoping for something definitive on Laremy Tunsil this week: http://on.thec-l.com/1KxDlyU

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on September 22, 2015, 03:24:59 pm
Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 2m2 minutes ago

ICYMI | #OleMiss coach Hugh Freeze hoping for something definitive on Laremy Tunsil this week: http://on.thec-l.com/1KxDlyU

Gee.....How many weeks suspension do you get for .."defending your mom"  ???

Bet Ole Miss & Freeze, push the NCAA rules committee for reducing the penalty on this rule next year..... ;)

jbcarol

Jamar Lane@_jlane__

Bama will be waxing Ole Miss today 🏈🐘

Couch Hugh Freeze ‏@CouchHughFreeze Sep 19

Couch Hugh Freeze retweeted Jamar Lane

You can wax a @CannonMotors loaner but we'll win by 20 today.

jbcarol

David Brandt ‏@davidbrandtAP 3h3 hours ago

Freeze says he still is optimistic OL Laremy Tunsil will rejoin the team sometime this year. Still doesn't know any details.

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 4h4 hours ago

Ole Miss starting O-line? Wild guess: Fahn Cooper, Aaron Morris, Ben Still, Rod Taylor, Sean Rawlings from L to R.

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen Oct 7

I'll take a stab at the starting offensive line vs. New Mexico State: Fahn Cooper, Aaron Morris, Ben Still, Rod Taylor and Sean Rawlings.

With Patterson, Conyers and Bell, and still no word on Tunsil, Ole Miss could be without four of its listed starting five OL vs. New Mexico (sic)

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling  2m2 minutes ago
Ole Miss reportedly making an announcement next week regarding Laremy Tunsil: http://on.thec-l.com/1R45NNz

QuoteOle Miss has heard from the NCAA regarding Laremy Tunsil's eligibility and is expected to make an announcement next week, according to SEC Network's Laura Rutledge.

Ole Miss FootballVerified account
‏@OleMissFB
To clarify what was reported by SEC Network, we do not have an answer from NCAA on Tunsil but are hopeful to have more information next week

Rutledge also dropped the ball a couple of times during the Razorback spring game.

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling  25m25 minutes ago
Freeze said administration here told him an update on Tunsil's eligibility should come next week hopefully.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on October 10, 2015, 03:05:14 pm

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling  25m25 minutes ago
Freeze said administration here told him an update on Tunsil's eligibility should come next week hopefully.

We've been hearing this same story nearly every week since Tunsil got suspended..... ;D

jbcarol

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on October 10, 2015, 10:48:13 pm
We've been hearing this same story nearly every week since Tunsil got suspended..... ;D

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 3h3 hours ago

ICYMI | Could a Laremy Tunsil update be coming this week? http://on.thec-l.com/1R45NNz

Rzbakfromwaybak

7 game suspension?  Bet this punishment will stop other players from... "defending their mom's".   Freeze should have warned his players about this rule.....:)

jbcarol

jbcarol

NaturalStateReb

Also expected to return for Ole Miss this Saturday against Memphis:

TE Evan Engram
RB Jaylen Walton
WR Damore'ea Stringfellow
OL Justin Bell
C Robert Conyers

DL D. J. Jones is expected to return to practice Thursday from a concussion.
S Tony Connor is almost certainly done for the season (torn meniscus); expected to return for senior season in 2016.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Parrish Alford ‏@parrishalford 15h15 hours ago

A unique opportunity is ahead for Laremy Tunsil once his seven-game suspension is complete. http://insideolemisssports.com/2015/10/16/fuente-hoping-for-more-mature-performance-from-memphis/ ... #OleMiss #MotherShip

Wheels started really turning at Ole Miss some time between 5 and 6 p.m. on Monday, was Hugh Freeze's best guess.

That was when he first heard that the NCAA had made known its ruling on his star offensive tackle, Laremy Tunsil. Freeze met with Tunsil, and thus began a process that culminated with the school's news release and public announcement shortly after 9 p.m.

QuoteI read one piece of commentary as Tunsil's legal drama was unfolding that said the Rebels would not "sniff" an SEC West title without Tunsil.

If Ole Miss can win one more game – a difficult one Saturday against local rival Memphis – the Rebels will be 6-1 without Tunsil, including a win at Alabama.

If you had made that offer available in August, many would have signed on.

The impact of a seven-game suspension on Tunsil's NFL draft stock remains to be seen. Because it's not a season-long suspension, he has a unique opportunity with five regular season games and a bowl game to offset any damage that may exist.

In early September, ESPN's dueling NFL draft analysts both had Tunsil in their first five picks off the board. Mel Kiper had Tunsil at No. 2, Todd McShay at No. 5.

NFL executives know most of what they need to know about Laremy Tunsil. They love his size, footwork and athleticism.

However, it doesn't take much of a draft-day slide to hit players in the wallet.

If Tunsil is evaluated differently now, he can change that in his first game back by neutralizing SEC sack leader Myles Garrett when Texas A&M visits Ole Miss on Oct. 24...

jbcarol

ESPN SEC ‏@ESPN_SEC 33m33 minutes ago

Return of Laremy Tunsil has energized his Ole Miss teammates http://es.pn/1W6t431

Quote"The offensive practice [Tuesday] was quite enthusiastic," coach Hugh Freeze said. "And I think he is part of the reason. It gets some other people back into where they were kind of slotted to play – Justin Bell back to center, Fahn Cooper back to right tackle.

"We seemed to have a little extra pep [Tuesday], and I would guess that [Tunsil] is part of the reason for sure."

Ole Miss will have Tunsil and Cooper at the two tackle spots, Bell and Ben Still at center, Rod Taylor and Jordan Sims at right guard, and Aaron Morris and Javon Patterson at left guard.

jbcarol

No. 15 Texas A&M (5-1, 2-1 SEC) at No. 24 Mississippi (5-2, 2-1)

Kickoff: 6 p.m. Saturday, Vaught-Hemingway Stadium

Line: Mississippi by 5

Series: A&M leads 6-1

KEY Matchup:

QuoteLaremy Tunsil vs. A&M DE Myles Garrett. Tunsil, a preseason All-American, missed the season's first six games because of an NCAA inquiry, but returns just in time to face perhaps the nation's top pass rusher. Garrett will try and take advantage of Tunsil's rust in the first quarter – and Tunsil will likely receive help blocking for starters.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 8h8 hours ago

Spoiler alert, but Ole Miss was much better with Laremy Tunsil than it was without him. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2015/10/24/ole-miss-notebook-texas-aggies/74547950/ ... via @CourtneyRCronin

QuoteOXFORD — No. 24 Ole Miss played its best first half of football Saturday night since its 43-37 win over Alabama in Week 3.

The long awaited return of junior All-American left tackle Laremy Tunsil was felt immediately. The Rebels jumped out to a 16-3 lead at the break and orchestrated their most effective and even offensive attack in weeks by stringing together 92 plays.

Balance was the word Rebels coach Hugh Freeze used to describe the impact of Tunsil's return for the rest of the offensive line.

Having its star left tackle back provided a sense of normalcy to a group that has experienced adversity with injuries this season. In the Rebels first seven games without the Tunsil, several players were forced to adapt to new roles.

"You feel like you don't worry quite as much about where you sort the front because you're OK with (Tunsil) having a one-on-one," Freeze said...

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 16h16 hours ago

Laremy Tunsil won't be available following tonight's game, unfortunately. (For media questions)

jbcarol

ESPN SEC ‏@ESPN_SEC 3h3 hours ago

SEC Week 8 helmet stickers: Laremy Tunsil shines in first game back http://es.pn/1GAvZzk

QuoteHere's a look at the SEC's best individual performances from Week 8:

Brandon Allen, QB, Arkansas...

Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss: On paper, Texas A&M's Myles Garrett looks like he had a pretty good night Saturday -- seven tackles, two tackles for loss and the acrobatic interception that will make all the highlight reels. But take a second look and you'll see Tunsil got the better of Garrett in their matchup. In his first game off suspension, Tunsil more than held his own against the SEC's top pass-rusher and was a major reason why the Rebels dominated the Aggies 23-3. This is a different team when Tunsil is in the lineup.