Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee

Started by RebelW, March 02, 2015, 09:27:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

We could've had at least 3 drafted but they chose to stay instead of leaving early. I'll take that any day.

ALLVOL

Dooley really, really set UT back. Glad things are pointed in the right direction again.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 02, 2016, 05:04:43 pm
Dooley really, really set UT back. Glad things are pointed in the right direction again.
LOL! Yeah, blame Dooley. Jesus. How about coach a kid up? Development isn't Butch's thing, I know. But how is that Dooley's fault? And who hired Dooley anyway? Everybody knew from the start that was a horrid hire , so, again, maybe the HIRING of Dooley set u back. You should have known what you were getting. But that was 4 years ago since dooley left and some of his players were drafted 3 and 4 years ago. The ones that weren't were the top 25 classes Dooley signed and Butch didn't develop. That won't ever change under Butch.

Your 2012 recruiting class was Ranked Top 20, Arkansas' was rated 28th. Your 2011 class was NUMBER 14!!!!! Ours was #21. Tell this lie about Dooley to somebody who didn't watch it all happen. The difference in our 5 draft picks to your ZERO is all development, brother. I know you want to believe in Butch but how can you when he couldn't develop a roll of film?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hobhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 02, 2016, 05:33:34 pm
LOL! Yeah, blame Dooley. Jesus. How about coach a kid up? Development isn't Butch's thing, I know. But how is that Dooley's fault? And who hired Dooley anyway? Everybody knew from the start that was a horrid hire , so, again, maybe the HIRING of Dooley set u back. You should have known what you were getting. But that was 4 years ago since dooley left and some of his players were drafted 3 and 4 years ago. The ones that weren't were the top 25 classes Dooley signed and Butch didn't develop. That won't ever change under Butch.

Your 2012 recruiting class was Ranked Top 20, Arkansas' was rated 28th. Your 2011 class was NUMBER 14!!!!! Ours was #21. Tell this lie about Dooley to somebody who didn't watch it all happen. The difference in our 5 draft picks to your ZERO is all development, brother. I know you want to believe in Butch but how can you when he couldn't develop a roll of film?

I liked Dooley, but you have to admit he was kinda a clown.....

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hobhog on May 02, 2016, 08:32:43 pm
I liked Dooley, but you have to admit he was kinda a clown.....
oh, i totally agree. It was a huge mistake hiring him. But, those two classes alone , if Butch could develop AT ALL (or keep his talent from raping the co-eds), would /should have produced a dozen draft picks, but Tenner had ZERO. That's crazy. Think about that; They had the #14 and #20 classes back-to-back (our highest ever by 247 was #21) and produced zero draft picks! It's astonishing!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 03, 2016, 01:15:51 pm
oh, i totally agree. It was a huge mistake hiring him. But, those two classes alone , if Butch could develop AT ALL (or keep his talent from raping the co-eds), would /should have produced a dozen draft picks, but Tenner had ZERO. That's crazy. Think about that; They had the #14 and #20 classes back-to-back (our highest ever by 247 was #21) and produced zero draft picks! It's astonishing!

The standard line in Tennessee is that Dooley left the cupboard bare and didn't recruit worth a flip his last couple of years.  That's revisionist history though, as I remember some of those same writers saying, when Dooley was fired, that he at least upgraded the talent in Knoxville while he was there...he just couldn't coach it.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 03, 2016, 01:34:34 pm
The standard line in Tennessee is that Dooley left the cupboard bare and didn't recruit worth a flip his last couple of years.  That's revisionist history though, as I remember some of those same writers saying, when Dooley was fired, that he at least upgraded the talent in Knoxville while he was there...he just couldn't coach it.
how do people believe that when they got two top 20 classes his last 2 years? they wanted a top 5 class. Still doesn't excuse butch jones' horrible player development.

jbcarol

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams May 2

Tennessee DC Bob Shoop on Butch Jones: ``Make no mistake, when he hired me, he said your job is to get us from nine wins to 11 in a hurry.''

Shoop said if UT learns to finish `we can take this thing from 9 wins to 11, so that first Saturday in December, we can all make hotel reservations in Atlanta every year representing the SEC East. That's what our aim is -- to compete for SEC championships.'
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jbcarol on May 04, 2016, 09:55:40 am
Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams May 2

Tennessee DC Bob Shoop on Butch Jones: ``Make no mistake, when he hired me, he said your job is to get us from nine wins to 11 in a hurry.''

Shoop said if UT learns to finish `we can take this thing from 9 wins to 11, so that first Saturday in December, we can all make hotel reservations in Atlanta every year representing the SEC East. That's what our aim is -- to compete for SEC championships.'
taking us off their schedule is good for 1 win anyway.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 03, 2016, 01:34:34 pm
Not quite an upgrade by any means. Kiffin was and is a turd but he recruits well (trouble) but well.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 03, 2016, 06:16:31 pm
how do people believe that when they got two top 20 classes his last 2 years? they wanted a top 5 class. Still doesn't excuse butch jones' horrible player development.
Several of those "great" players had to be dismissed. But I guess that doesn't matter.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 02, 2016, 05:33:34 pm

Dooley had players drafted? He was there 3 years... a lot of the best players he recruited were the ones Jones dismissed.

And if you will do a historical search on this very site you can find my posts calling him a horrible hire and laying the blame on Mike Hamilton (AD).

jbcarol

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 9m9 minutes ago

Wes Rucker Retweeted Kevin Creasy

Michigan coming right into #Vols' backyard for a satellite camp. Harbaugh ain't playing around.

https://twitter.com/CoachCreasy_OHS/status/728256488691666944
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

@GrantRamey ‏@GrantRamey 20h20 hours ago Chattanooga, TN
Butch Jones said they retook the team picture after the loss to Arkansas last seasons. Signifying a new season.

jbcarol

jbcarol

ESPN College football roundtable: sleeper Heisman candidates

QuoteSEC: Tennessee RB Jalen Hurd

He's not the most talked-about player in his conference, his position or even on his own team. Some early Heisman odds have him trailing Leonard Fournette, Nick Chubb and Bo Scarbrough among SEC running backs, and Scarbrough has never started a game. Even Hurd's teammate, quarterback Joshua Dobbs, steals his thunder. Making matters worse, fellow Tennessee running back Alvin Kamara steals his carries. But forget that! Hurd is a beast. Have you seen the video of him running 23.1 miles per hour on a treadmill? Ridiculous. The 6-foot-4, 240-pound junior is an athletic marvel with the ability to run with power and speed, as well as catch the football. Think of him as the SEC's version Christian McCaffrey. With 2,187 rushing yards and 21 career touchdowns, he should be a household name by now. If Tennessee competes for a spot in the playoff, as many expect, he will be before long. —

jbcarol

Josh Ward ‏@Josh_Ward 3h3 hours ago

.@GoldenNuggetLV has Tennessee's win total at 10, highest in the nation along with three other teams. http://bit.ly/1XCOA3L

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 15h15 hours ago Florida, USA

Funny how Tenn. football always gets love based on how it ends season. If you play Vandy and Kentucky late, what do you think will happen?

ALLVOL

Quote from: jbcarol on May 20, 2016, 07:30:02 am
Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 15h15 hours ago Florida, USA

Funny how Tenn. football always gets love based on how it ends season. If you play Vandy and Kentucky late, what do you think will happen?

Spoken like a fool.

Inhogswetrust

ANYTIME a coach says "we live and breathe (insert team name) football, take it with a grain of salt. They live and breath whatever school or team employs them. Most care about their players but they don't live and breath a specific school. They have to say those things for the fans, the school and the job. That's just another way of saying I like my job and work hard at it and I want fans, recruits and the players and my bosses to know that...........however deep in the recesses of their mind they would leave for any other place and job they perceive is better for them and their family.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ALLVOL

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 21, 2016, 09:11:23 am
ANYTIME a coach says "we live and breathe (insert team name) football, take it with a grain of salt. They live and breath whatever school or team employs them. Most care about their players but they don't live and breath a specific school. They have to say those things for the fans, the school and the job. That's just another way of saying I like my job and work hard at it and I want fans, recruits and the players and my bosses to know that...........however deep in the recesses of their mind they would leave for any other place and job they perceive is better for them and their family.
They are hired guns for sure.

Dropkick

Quote from: jbcarol on May 15, 2016, 10:49:47 am
@GrantRamey ‏@GrantRamey 20h20 hours ago Chattanooga, TN
Butch Jones said they retook the team picture after the loss to Arkansas last seasons. Signifying a new season.

So that's why my UT buddies over here act like that game never happened.

Pig in the Pokey

ALLVOL

Quote from: Dropkick on May 23, 2016, 09:47:19 am
So that's why my UT buddies over here act like that game never happened.
Oh the game happened. But it was a turning point in the season. That was the last game Jancek had full control of the defense and that was the game that ended Jancek tenure at UT.
But the Hogs won fare and square. Anyone trying to take credit away is just sour grapes.

ALLVOL

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/735579817354072064

QuoteCollege football analyst Dave Bartoo doesn't believe the Volunteers are the most talented bunch in their own conference, let alone a College Football Playoff contender.

"Florida (and) Georgia talent-wise are better than Tennessee," Bartoo told The Paul Finebaum Show on Wednesday. "I don't buy that the Vols are a national title contender."

Dropkick

Maybe UT and Baylor could play a future neutral site game similar to the UT-VaTech game.

Either Riverbend Maximum Security Institution in Tn or Texas State Penitnetiary @ Huntsville.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Dropkick on May 26, 2016, 01:43:27 pm
Maybe UT and Baylor could play a future neutral site game similar to the UT-VaTech game.

Either Riverbend Maximum Security Institution in Tn or Texas State Penitnetiary @ Huntsville.
I hope you're not a comedian. If so I bet you're broke as hell.
Comparing UT to Baylor shows complete ignorance.

kaki

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 02:02:50 pm
I hope you're not a comedian. If so I bet you're broke as hell.
Comparing UT to Baylor shows complete ignorance.
The victim of the alleged assault in Knoxville, might disagree with you APOLIGISTVOL!  But guess her opinion doesn't matter.

ALLVOL

Quote from: kaki on May 26, 2016, 02:10:56 pm
The victim of the alleged assault in Knoxville, might disagree with you APOLIGISTVOL!  But guess her opinion doesn't matter.
So UT and their staff coverd things up and let players not only stay on the team but actually play? Please show me proof of this. Thanks

Dropkick

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 02:38:35 pm
So UT and their staff coverd things up and let players not only stay on the team but actually play? Please show me proof of this. Thanks
I don't know but apparently the local police gave Butch a heads up before investigating.

kaki

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 02:38:35 pm
Did not say that, you did, but  I was saying, maybe you do not speak for everyone affected by the allegations in Knoxville. I know very little about the chain of events, so I won't act like I do.  I suspect you do not know everything either, so the conclusions you have reached might be as off base as any of us who are pulling your chain. 

Some of us do find it a challenge to see Coach Jones in the same saintly light you see him.  Some remember the player who claimed he was struck by Saint Butch, and yes we know it has all gone away, so save us the diatribe about that.  It may have been the kid was blowing smoke, but sometimes where there is smoke---you know the rest.   

ALLVOL

Quote from: kaki on May 26, 2016, 03:33:36 pm
Did not say that, you did, but  I was saying, maybe you do not speak for everyone affected by the allegations in Knoxville. I know very little about the chain of events, so I won't act like I do.  I suspect you do not know everything either, so the conclusions you have reached might be as off base as any of us who are pulling your chain. 

Some of us do find it a challenge to see Coach Jones in the same saintly light you see him.  Some remember the player who claimed he was struck by Saint Butch, and yes we know it has all gone away, so save us the diatribe about that.  It may have been the kid was blowing smoke, but sometimes where there is smoke---you know the rest.   
The player NEVER said Butch hit him. But hey, don't let facts get in the way.
And there's a HUGE difference in how the school and coaches handled things at UT vs Baylor. Not even close to being the same.

kaki

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 04:42:43 pm
The player NEVER said Butch hit him. But hey, don't let facts get in the way.
And there's a HUGE difference in how the school and coaches handled things at UT vs Baylor. Not even close to being the same.
ok, I am convinced, thanks for clearing this up for me.  I suggest the courts and investigators just get with you, no need to waste any of their time.  If you say Butch is righteous, that is good enough for me and should be good enough for them as well!

ALLVOL

Quote from: kaki on May 26, 2016, 05:16:31 pm
ok, I am convinced, thanks for clearing this up for me.  I suggest the courts and investigators just get with you, no need to waste any of their time.  If you say Butch is righteous, that is good enough for me and should be good enough for them as well!
So your arguement is wrong completely thus you change the debate. I see. 
But again how UT handled things vs Baylor is totally different. 

kaki

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 05:25:43 pm
So your arguement is wrong completely thus you change the debate. I see. 
But again how UT handled things vs Baylor is totally different.
you say debate, I say spin, just tired of playing with you and your broken record. 

Dropkick

I don't dislike Butch of ALLVOL. I don't care for Tennessee for personal reasons. I have a couple of pompous asshat UT fans here in NEA that cause me to absolutely despise anything Vol.

ALLVOL

Quote from: kaki on May 26, 2016, 05:33:03 pm
you say debate, I say spin, just tired of playing with you and your broken record. 
Really simple. Show me where I spun anything? I've said and it's true that how the two schools handled things are completely different. Not even close to being the same.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/737818872905117696

QuoteThe school has donated more than 700 practice jerseys plus compression gear and other equipment to the IFL.

Tennessee switched its equipment sponsorship from Adidas to Nike...

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/SportsRadioWNML/status/738361799720865792

QuoteJones isn't anywhere near a hot seat discussion considering his accomplishments through three seasons at Tennessee. He just received a new contract that will pay him $4.1 million annually.

There is a lot of pressure on Jones and the Vols to end the 11-game losing streak against Florida and win the SEC East for the first time since 2007. Failing to do either will be considered a major disappointment by a large portion of the fanbase.

A disappointing season doesn't mean Jones should be fired, but it would create a lot of unhappy feelings among Tennessee fans.

Is ranking Jones No. 2 on the pressure list too high? Perhaps. But there's no doubt pressure is there, and it continues to rise with every preseason Top 10 list that includes Tennessee.

ALLVOL

Quote from: jbcarol on June 02, 2016, 01:15:33 pm
https://twitter.com/SportsRadioWNML/status/738361799720865792

I agree with this. The pressure is there to win a lot this year. A pressure list ranking him high is accurate. A Hotseat list having him high is way off however. If he doesn't win this year he would move closer to the "hotseat" list.

Dropkick

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 02, 2016, 01:27:47 pm
I agree with this. The pressure is there to win a lot this year. A pressure list ranking him high is accurate. A Hotseat list having him high is way off however. If he doesn't win this year he would move closer to the "hotseat" list.
I agree, he should not be on the hot seat. They have shown steady on field improvement since his arrival. If nothing damaging comes out regarding the sexual assaults he should be fine.

jbcarol

jbcarol

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee coach Butch Jones kicked off his first official satellite camp in the heart of the Volunteer State on Sunday afternoon

QuoteMore than 300 players crowded Tennessee State's Hale Stadium with on-field temperatures approaching 100 degrees in the 10,000-seat stadium that locals call "The Hole."

Four-star safety Meleik Gray from nearby LaVergne High School was among the stars (said, "Tennessee is his leader" and "[my leader] changes every day")...

Oak Ridge receiver Tee Higgins, the No. 16 player in the nation, even found some time to stop by, though he didn't go through any drills and left the camp early.

Tennessee held a specialist camp on Friday and its quarterback "Arsenal" camp on its Knoxville campus on Saturday.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/739801932156534784

QuoteThis is, of course, in reference to Tennessee's fourth-quarter collapse in last season's 28-27 Gators victory in The Swamp.

Vols fans and players alike are unmistakably frustrated with the way that the Gators have seemingly snatched victory from the jaws of defeat during the last two victories of an 11-game winning streak against Tennessee, which means this tweet is likely to again cause a stir among many of the Tennessee faithful.