Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 07:35:46 am

We missed out on Chris Beard!

Started by razorpimp, January 06, 2018, 03:24:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorpimp

That's who I wanted as the Hog coach after watching his success with UALR in one year...I went to all his home games and talk about a prepared, defensive minded coach...now year 2 at Texas Tech and they will probably win the big 12!!!!!  We missed out and have MEDIOCRE MIKE!!!! Oh to be a Hog fan.

Yes year 2, you know the year where MM went 10-8 in a horrible SEC!

They beat Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse and we can't even beat Houston or MSU at their place!!! 

hawginbigd1

Yeah I like Beard but how did we miss out, we had no opening! Now UNLV missed out.

razorpimp

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 06, 2018, 03:51:49 pm
Yeah I like Beard but how did we miss out, we had no opening! Now UNLV missed out.

You're right I know but damn it sucks

Letsroll1200

Quote from: razorpimp on January 06, 2018, 03:24:12 pm
That's who I wanted as the Hog coach after watching his success with UALR in one year...I went to all his home games and talk about a prepared, defensive minded coach...now year 2 at Texas Tech and they will probably win the big 12!!!!!  We missed out and have MEDIOCRE MIKE!!!! Oh to be a Hog fan.

They beat Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse and we can't even beat Houston or MSU at their place!!!

Put your Texas Tech gear on.... Keep watching

rzrbackramsfan

98hogs

Then go follow him at Texas Tech.  MA is a damn good Coach.  Don't know why you have to always whine and moan.

jabberjawls

Quote from: 98hogs on January 06, 2018, 04:33:54 pm
Then go follow him at Texas Tech.  MA is a damn good Coach.  Don't know why you have to always whine and moan.
damn good coach?? how do you figure that?

forrest city joe

We did not miss out on anything.what the hell has this man done? has he taken a team to the E8 or sweet 16? no he has not.Mike Anderson has done both. so this is another garbage thread.Mike Anderson is the man!

fieldturf

Chris Beard would have been perfect for Arkansas!!!  Year 2 at Tech and probably going to win B12.. Mike 7th year and still middle of pact and always will be.........

jabberjawls

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 06, 2018, 04:58:01 pm
We did not miss out on anything.what the hell has this man done? has he taken a team to the E8 or sweet 16? no he has not.Mike Anderson has done both. so this is another garbage thread.Mike Anderson is the man!
A few of questions for you FCJ:

(1) In 5 years, how many times has CMA finished the year ranked in the top 25?
(2) How many of the previous 5 years has CMA had the Razorbacks ranked in either the AP poll or the Coaches poll for at least 1 week?
(3) How many times has CMA had the Razorbacks playing in the NCAA tournament after the first weekend?
(4) In 5 years, how many times has CMA won the SEC -- either tournament or regular season?

I'll hang up and listen.

elksnort

You are like meat in a wolves den.
Not that you are wrong.

elksnort

Quote from: jabberjawls on January 06, 2018, 05:07:36 pm

(2) How many of the previous 5 years has CMA had the Razorbacks ranked in either the AP poll or the Coaches poll for at least 1 week?
(3) How many times has CMA had the Razorbacks playing in the NCAA tournament after the first weekend?
(4) In 5 years, how many times has CMA won the SEC -- either tournament or regular season?

I'll hang up and listen.
fair questions but I doubt anyone will answer them

3kgthog

Quote from: elksnort on January 06, 2018, 05:14:21 pm

Nope. I like Mike and I enjoyed the end of last season, but it's beginning to set in on me that, no matter the talent, Mike is a first round NCAAT coach. He's not going to win the SEC with this group. He won't win it with the incoming Arkansas kids. His teams are simply too fundamentally flawed to be consistent. One need look no further than the same flaws we fight about on here season after season.

cardsNhogs

I would definitely take Beard over Anderson.

Mr. Porkleone

I'll hang up and listen.
Quote from: elksnort on January 06, 2018, 05:14:21 pm

Awesome Questions.

FIRE MIKE ANDERSON.  PITIFUL

razorpimp

Quote from: 98hogs on January 06, 2018, 04:33:54 pm

I do whine and moan because I realize Mike Anderson has a very, very, very low ceiling!!!  And my alma mater deserves better!!!  He will NEVER take Arkansas anywhere but middle of the pack like he did with Missouri!

Average coach + below average recruiter = blah

razorpimp

I've loved the elite 8 and sweet 16 that he has at Arkansas!!!!  Those were awesome years!

LRrazorback

Otis

Beard is a great coach. His teams are prepared for everything. 100% different from what Anderson believes in, which is just let players make plays. I along with others were opining for Beard a few years ago. The hogville Anderson lovers line then was, what has Beardever done? He's only been a head coach for 1 year in a terrible conference, Yada yada yada. 

GO

Lol none of which was at Arkansas. With us it is two trips in 6 years and not sniffing the second weekend..... Yeah he's the man!

hobhog

Beleima went to 3 Rose Bowls.

HogAllMighty

What a bunch of haters!  I assume these haters would like Heath or Pelphrey back.

razorpimp

Quote from: HogAllMighty on January 06, 2018, 06:00:53 pm
What a bunch of haters!  I assume these haters would like Heath or Pelphrey back.

I believe there are other coaches out there besides those two but good try! 

fieldturf

Quote from: HogAllMighty on January 06, 2018, 06:00:53 pm

No but we should have taken Chris Beard from UALR couple years back......

nwahogfan1

I totally agree.  Much better coach.  He is a winner.

BDSCT51

Unfortunately we did not have a position open so this is a bit of a moot point.

However........

We had the chance to see LRU versus Georgia Southern down here when the Trojans visited. I was very impressed with how he coached, how his staff coached, and most importantly, how his players responded. I believed then, and now, he has the groundwork laid to become one of the premier college BB coaches in the country.
Bleeding Razorback Red

hobhog

lynbug

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 06, 2018, 05:31:05 pm
Nope. I like Mike and I enjoyed the end of last season, but it's beginning to set in on me that, no matter the talent, Mike is a first round NCAAT coach. He's not going to win the SEC with this group. He won't win it with the incoming Arkansas kids. His teams are simply too fundamentally flawed to be consistent. One need look no further than the same flaws we fight about on here season after season.
It does get old doesn't it.

98hogs

Quote from: razorpimp on January 06, 2018, 05:46:21 pm
I do whine and moan because I realize Mike Anderson has a very, very, very low ceiling!!!  And my alma mater deserves better!!!  He will NEVER take Arkansas anywhere but middle of the pack like he did with Missouri!

Average coach + below average recruiter = blah
What year did you attend your first Razorback basketball game?

26.2Hog

I'll hang up and listen.

Good questions, but a quick a note, jabberjawls.  The Great Mike Anderson is halfway into his 7th year here.  I will answer question #1.
In 6 years, the Great Mike Anderson has finished in the top 25 once.  Once.  We'll see what happens in this, his 7th year.

That's the same as saying Bret Beilema is the man because he went to 3 Rose Bowls.

Letsroll1200

Maybe he can go to Duke. They are going to lose on the roas to a 10-5 NC State team. How does that happen with a top 3 draft pick.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 06, 2018, 03:51:49 pm

we could have had an opening. We wold have had an opening after 16-16 in season 5 if the coach was not named Mike Anderson.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorpimp

Quote from: 98hogs on January 06, 2018, 07:36:18 pm
What year did you attend your first Razorback basketball game?

My first game ever was in 1983 against (1) Houston and we lost, I was 6 years old and cried the whole way back to Fort Smith, I started in 1996

CFB_Fanatic

I'll hang up and listen.

You won't get any answers from FCJ. He runs like a scared cat when the Hogs lose.

His hard on for MA is such that he can't even see the man can't coach fundamentals to save his life. Guys that understand basketball can see this. Guys that have a crush on the coach can't.

jgphillips3

Well, if his career trajectory stays on the up, either Mike will win enough to make us happy or maybe Beard will be ready to take that next step up when next we have an opening.  I mean, he sure as hell isnt going to stay in Lubbock long term.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I'll hang up and listen.

1. Once
2. 13 weeks/times
3. Zero
4. Zero with 2 SEC championship games appearances