Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Craig and Kelly traded to Red Sox

Started by Hoggie17, July 31, 2014, 03:07:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

For Lackey a 35 yr player, minor league player and money. My opinon, the Cards came out the loser. 

clutch

The only thing I like about the deal is that the Cards have him for $500k next year. Craig was having the worst year of his career, but I still think it's just an anomaly. He's a great hitter who just has some kinks right now.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Hoggie17 on July 31, 2014, 03:07:56 pm
For Lackey a 35 yr player, minor league player and money. My opinon, the Cards came out the loser.

If we get two years of solid pitching and Taveras lives up to his hype beginning next year then it is a very good trade. If Craig never quite gets back to form then it is a fantastic trade.

Hoggie17

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 01, 2014, 07:02:23 am
If we get two years of solid pitching and Taveras lives up to his hype beginning next year then it is a very good trade. If Craig never quite gets back to form then it is a fantastic trade.
Thats true if you look only in the short term.  I think Kelly will be around for some years to come. Lackey will probably ony have 3 good years if that, probably 2 good years.  The trade was for this year. Usually the "Cardinal Way" is for the long term.