Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How high would you say the level of hate of Miami U is to you?

Started by Ben, December 12, 2014, 10:32:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

I know its still a lot of disdain from them playn us 25 years ago. Whats your opinion on them?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

ricepig

They don't register, just like they don't with everyone, but the 10,000 that go to their home games.

Joe-T

I've always kind of liked the Canes they are
my Florida team !!
Can't stand FSU or the Gators!!

popcornhog

WPS

MissippHog

I could care less about the Canes. 

I do like the Dolphins though.

Professor Psychosis

I saw a guy in a Miami t-shirt in NWA today, actually.

I wanted to say something, but, professionalism dictated that I remain silent.

We need a home-and-home with Miami, and we need to sweep the series.

However, they rank far behind Alabama, LSU, Texas, A&M, Ole Miss, and other teams we play more regularly.

rusvegashog

I watched that 30 for 30 again and stayed mad the whole time I watched it. Like USC, Miami is always on the cusp of a resurgence of dominance. I don't hate any program, but they are for sure in that bottom 4 or 5 that I loathe.

ballz2thewall

i hated them but i sure did admire what they put together.

jimmy johnson's OLs were a work of art; a product of fine coaching and discipline.
The rest of the frog.

Masshog

I remember in the 1987 beat down at War Memorial looking at the sidelines and seeing Stubbs and his buddies using the coaching board to play tic-tac-toe to mock us....  Hate the freakin U. 
My feets hurt.

jackflash

SPAL

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Murr

As soon as I finish posting this, I'll go to the restroom and take a dump in Miami's honor.

Torqued pork

I hate them about as much as I hate the Palm Beach Croquet Club.

Murr

Quote from: Murr on December 13, 2014, 01:06:04 am
As soon as I finish posting this, I'll go to the restroom and take a dump in Miami's honor.

Gave'm a good ol' swirlely, not sure if that's a positive or negative.

redeye

Honestly, my biggest reasons for hating Miami are ordered like this:

1. Sick of hearing about how great they were, when it only lasted a decade.  I lived through it and still think it's over-hyped; most likely because today's sports media grew up with it and what you grew up with is always the greatest of moments to ever happen.

2. The "U" label is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Not sure how long it's been around, but I'd never heard of it until ESPN couldn't stop saying it a few years back.

3. They smoked a good Hatfield team, although that wasn't too surprising.  Those Hatfield teams were over-matched against truly great teams and were also smoked by Oklahoma.  Also, JJ was obviously trying to make a point to JFB and he succeeded.  Too bad Broyles never got the message.

Other then those things, I really have no hate or love for Miami.  It would be a good game for recruiting purposes, but the only reason I'd care.

Hawg_Thai'd

I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

cpohog

Living here in Jacksonville FL reminds me of living in Dallas back in the 80s and hating Texass.
I have so much disdain for UF and FSU coupled with the fact that UM has lost it's relevance that it is easy to overlook that one loss so long ago.......almost like a bad dream that you remember once in a while.

Hoggish1

Do you mean The University of Miami (Fla.), as the sports press likes to list them?

If so, they are irrelevant.  They actually are like UAB to me and should drop football, so we can have more of the athletes that play down there...

Porcius Magnus

If we were to play them again, I'd work up some hate.  Otherwise, I never think about them.  However, I did like the copper helmets they wore against Florida State.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Ragnar Hogbrok

One of my earliest memories in life was the 1987 game in Little Rock.  I was there.  I was a kid.  I cried.  I've always hated Miami since then. 
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Speedracer

I've always liked Miami and still do.  I went to the game where they took us apart.  I remember sitting there as a kid not being  upset, just thinking "wow, the Miami Hurricanes".  I think they are the most interesting program in college football and can't wait for part 2 of the documentary tonight. 
Like smites bother me.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Speedracer on December 13, 2014, 07:51:10 am
I've always liked Miami and still do.  I went to the game where they took us apart.  I remember sitting there as a kid not being  upset, just thinking "wow, the Miami Hurricanes".  I think they are the most interesting program in college football and can't wait for part 2 of the documentary tonight. 

Well, if I could go back in time, my 5 year old self would find your younger self at War Memorial and punch you in the nose for not being upset that the Hogs lost.

;)
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Speedracer

Quote from: The Chief on December 13, 2014, 07:56:05 am
Well, if I could go back in time, my 5 year old self would find your younger self at War Memorial and punch you in the nose for not being upset that the Hogs lost.

;)

Wouldn't have worked out well for you, I was 8
Like smites bother me.

Hawgzinbowlz

No hate. In the '80s they rolled under JJ and it was their cycle. Great coaches, great players with enough money, and it all aligned. 99-20 for the '80s.
Schnellenberger started it, JJ refined it and Erickson kept it rolling.
I'm hoping CBB will lead The Hogs to a dominant cycle. CRS is bringing some Miami experience to our LB and defense.
A 2 game series would give us some South Florida press.
No hate, but it would be a good story line to play them.

" GO HOGS "

flagstaffhog

The teams I love to hate are;  (in order)

1. texass
2. LSU
3. Notre Dame
4. Ohio State
5. texass

Miami doesn't register

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

pfrg999

I hate them because they're Miami, but I hated them more when they were really good... Now that they are an after thought, the hate is still there but not on the level of say an Ohio state, Notre Dame*, Texas* or a FSU

* Hated no matter what their record is 8)
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Tim