Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Bowl Tickets

Started by termite, December 11, 2014, 12:35:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

termite

Does anyone have knowledge of how the U. Of A's allotment of tickets are selling. Thought I heard they were given 10,000 seats to sell.

ricepig

Quote from: termite on December 11, 2014, 12:35:36 pm
Does anyone have knowledge of how the U. Of A's allotment of tickets are selling. Thought I heard they were given 10,000 seats to sell.

I think it was 12,000. I know the Alumni and Foundation sold all of their travel packages. I guess we'll know after the 12th if they start advertising.

arky37

They got 10,000, but that includes the allotment given to the athletic department, students, and the band. Overall donors will get roughly 7500 tickets. They have already oversold those to donors alone, and they still have another day to order, so I'd imagine there will be some people flooding the secondary market when the notifications are sent out in the next day or two.

hogsanity

There are roughly 8100 tickets on stub hub, starting at just under $61. Of course these are not being sold by either school.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

termite

Is priority based on life time contribution to the foundation or just the previous calendar year of giving?

idochog

Quote from: termite on December 11, 2014, 01:21:25 pm
Is priority based on life time contribution to the foundation or just the previous calendar year of giving?

Same way they allocate tickets, what level you are at and then lifetime giving to rank within each level. 

I do think the BM donors had access to some better seats
I love Jesus!

Tyro3

They use donor level and what they call prestige points which is your lifetime doantions.

HoginHouston

Their order to fill tickets was:

1) Donors
2) Season ticket holders
3) General public

Since they can't even fill all donor requests, there are going to be quite a few thousand Hog fans needing tickets. Fortunately, there are thousands for sale at reasonable prices on Stubhub.

Hope some of them join me in the north end zone!
Go Hogs Go.

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

some pretty good deals on Fayetteville Craiglist...
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

GingerHog

There are plenty of tickets available on TicketCity also. I purchased my tickets from there. Bought them from a guy that just so happens to be from Austin  :puke:
Anyways, going along with what others have said, there will plenty of tickets available to those that want to go.....just a matter of how much you are willing to spend. WPS!!  ::hornsdown::

Fayettechill14

Saw today that 69,000 had been sold. Stadium capacity is around 72,000 so it's close to being a sellout.

Texas sold out its initial allotment (12,000) before we were even announced as their opponent, which is why the SEC taking so long to release the bowls was frustrating.

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

If you are looking send me a PM....

"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

Ashdownpanther

I got tickets, field level, behind the Razorback bench for $200/each, at Ticket City