Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hocker trying out for Browns

Started by bennyl08, December 10, 2014, 10:14:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Three-kickers-try-out-for-Browns-33760687

After losing a close game due to kicking, Browns are trying out a few kickers including Nate Freese, Garrett Hartley, and Zack Hocker.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hogwop

Good luck Zach, hope you get the job!
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Pulled(PP)pork

the guy was money at Arkansas, wonder what his issue is.  Are the expectations too high to begin with??

PP

pigture perfect

How did zack not stick with the Redskins? They need hep.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hog N Bama

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 11, 2014, 02:28:05 am
Exactly my thought. Did the Redskins have a brain fart? When I saw Zach was released , I was stunned.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 11, 2014, 02:28:05 am
the owner is an idiot

PP

3kgthog

I think he only missed one kick and was done in Washington. Is that right?

pigture perfect

I did a little research and have it by good authority (OK, I made that up) that Zack was released because he complained to Dan Snyder about the Redskins name after he was scalped at training camp.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

idochog

He only missed like 1 kick and the competition was so close that they decided to stick with the veteran
I love Jesus!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Risk aversion that's why once these guys establish themselves they either stay with the team for a long time or bounce around but stay in the league.  ZH has the talent kid was great here and hope he gets a chance somewhere
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: idochog on December 11, 2014, 10:48:44 am
He only missed like 1 kick and the competition was so close that they decided to stick with the veteran

You have to trust their judgment.. Snyder and company have made very few mistakes... just ask any Redskin fan.

lstewart

Seems like Hocker almost had the job wrapped up after a really close competition and then missed a fairly easy kick in a later preseason game. Just to wrong time for the miss, and that was that.

Hawgzinbowlz

Hope he makes it. Money for The Hogs.

" GO HOGS "

skbhog

He is good enough to be an NFL kicker. Hope he makes it.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 11, 2014, 11:00:46 am
You have to trust their judgment.. Snyder and company have made very few mistakes... just ask any Redskin fan.

You are talking about today only, right?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 11, 2014, 11:00:46 am

LOL

reddogjcss

Good Luck Zack! If your ever get a foot in your a lock! Lol

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 11, 2014, 10:47:28 am
I did a little research and have it by good authority (OK, I made that up) that Zack was released because he complained to Dan Snyder about the Redskins name after he was scalped at training camp.

:)

gmarv

bennyl08

December 11, 2014, 06:45:35 pm #19 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:02:15 pm by bennyl08
And the Browns are keeping Cundiff. I wonder if the Ravens regret letting Cundiff go... \s

Edit: apparently they did cut Cundiff and hired former saints kicker Hartley.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Swineasaur

I work with his dad at ANO, he also said NOLA had him come work out. Hope the best for the guy.

atekido