Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kendrick Edwards giving Texas bulletin board material

Started by HawgTrough, December 08, 2014, 02:57:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhawgfan

Why is a backup WR who rarely sees the field tweeting smack? Just stupid
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Fayettechill14

Haha he's not even from Texas. He's from Miami. I like that he's embracing the spirit of the rivalry, though.

Hopefully he gets a red zone target. I think we underutilize him in the red zone.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ifghog

I love it! Go get em boy! I am not one who would shy away from "bulletin board material" who cares! WPS!!!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

elksnort

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on December 08, 2014, 03:10:21 pm
Haha he's not even from Texas. He's from Miami. I like that he's embracing the spirit of the rivalry, though.

Hopefully he gets a red zone target. I think (know)we underutilize him in the red zone.
Had to alter it for you Fayettechill.

lumphog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on December 08, 2014, 03:10:21 pm

Hopefully he gets a red zone target. I think we underutilize him in the red zone.
I agree......he's gonna be a goodun

VirginiaHog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 08, 2014, 03:09:14 pm
Why is a backup WR who rarely sees the field tweeting smack? Just stupid
Because he is a hog and proud. I love it. I hope he scores on them. Lol

skbhog

Atlhogfan1

One young twitterer reporting what another young twitterer said. 

Check out Wescott ;D:

https://twitter.com/sbn_wescott
"Doing it up for SBN Recruiting. Co-editor for Burnt Orange Nation. Former professional scout. "  Scouting what?

Have I said how stupid Twitter is?  Maybe it isn't.  The users...
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

nchogg

Coach will probably have a heart to heart about his tweet and he my even get to vist Herb a few extra mornings.

opineonswine

rickm1976

I love the attitude, but he does need to keep his mouth shut - especially as a freshman benchwarmer.  Heck, they all need to keep their mouths shut, and speak respectfully of Texas when asked.  You never give the opposing team anything they can use to motivate themselves.  You let the score do your talking for you.  You tear them a new one, and then politely shake their hand at midfield after time runs out and say "good game" and act like it's no big deal - no surprise.  Nothing is more demoralizing for them, and satisfying for us.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: opineonswine on December 08, 2014, 03:36:01 pm
Probably shouldn't have done it, but I like it. 

Henre Tolliver responded to it saying they will get them. Uncommon men that's exactly what CBB said.

RUN N GUN

This team knows we are better than Texas. Coach B has built these guys into believing we can win any game we play.

reddogjcss

TheRazorbackGuy

Danimal

WooPig90

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

RedyorNot

After what CBB did concerning Collins and his Twitter, should be interesting to see how this is received

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

It's not a crime-but I would prefer to let sleeping dogs lie. Especially when it comes from a guy with 4 career catches and a single TD.

I would imagine that they would try to make something of BB saying we wanted to play them, also.

But did that LB and the writer not provide US with bulletin board material? Mighty white of the writer to make a big thing of our SEC record without noting it was the toughest schedule in the country and that mighty UT got steamrolled by BYU...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

deucea729

COCHISE

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: COCHISE on December 08, 2014, 07:02:22 pm
yeah. I hope we can move the ball against their "elite D."

I believe we will and Edwards will score a TD and do the horns down sign to the Texas fans.
::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

Keyser Sooieze

love how they trash us for "needing four nonconference games to get to 6 wins" when one of those wins was a thrashing of a member of their conference.  oh, how i've missed the delusional teasippers. 

The_Bionic_Pig

He's a confident teenager who's witnessed Arkansas lead 6 of 8 top 20 teams headed into the half. (Tied with Auburn)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

passinghog

This board is way too conservative. Who cares what he says, just win baby

hogwild210

Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Hoggish1

The plan is to use him in the redzone.  The Texass players will all run to guard him 12 on 1 and BA will just waltz in untouched...   8)  ::hornsdown::

tophawg19

Quote from: rickm1976 on December 08, 2014, 03:53:09 pm
I love the attitude, but he does need to keep his mouth shut - especially as a freshman benchwarmer.  Heck, they all need to keep their mouths shut, and speak respectfully of Texas when asked.  You never give the opposing team anything they can use to motivate themselves.  You let the score do your talking for you.  You tear them a new one, and then politely shake their hand at midfield after time runs out and say "good game" and act like it's no big deal - no surprise.  Nothing is more demoralizing for them, and satisfying for us.
stuff like this doesn't motivate them. they are already motivated or shouldn't be there . if it takes this type stuff then coaches aren't doing their jobs . this stuff is forgotten before they ever take the field
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Medic821

bigred223

I'm sure Coach B is none too pleased about that. I like his confidence, but he should keep it to himself. However, we aren't scared, and we shouldn't be. We are a better football team than Texas. Now just go prove it on the field.

Hogpkins

Most of their comments are respectful of Arkansas. Sounds like more than half of them expect to lose to us, and several think they will lose badly.

Despite having the same record, I think our fan base (and it sounds like our team too) has much more confidence than Texas does right now. We played a much tougher schedule and we're on the upswing. UT, not so much. They got blown out at home their last game.

Fun times ahead for Hog fans.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

elksnort

Quote from: Kevin on December 08, 2014, 10:17:29 pm
I wish the kid would play more
if a QB can through it accurately theyought to be a hit Edwards in short yardage passing.

Uncommon

December 08, 2014, 11:39:35 pm #39 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:09:49 am by Uncommon
That was the worst logic I've seen in years.  Earth to Wescott, our 6 wins is far and away more impressive than your 6 wins.

5 of our 6 wins came from (I'm not including Nicholls State ; going to use ESPN FPI rankings):
Opponent                      Margin of Victory
#67 Texas Tech              21 points
#68 Northern Illinois      38 points
#87 UAB                       28 points
#14 LSU                       17 points
#4 Ole Miss                   30 points

5 of their 6 wins came against (I'll knock out their lowest ranked win against North Texas to make it 5 teams a piece):
Opponent                      Margin of Victory
#93 Kansas                   23 points
#91 Iowa State              3 points
#67 Texas Tech              21 points
#28 West Virginia          17 points
#55 Oklahoma State      21 points

Arkansas's average opponent was ranked #48 and we won those games by an average of approximately 27 points.

Texas's average opponent was ranked approximately #67 and they won those games by an average of 17 points.

So, our top 5 wins came against higher ranked teams and by a wider margin of victory.

Let's look at each team's losses.

Arkansas's 6 losses
Opponent                    Margin of Defeat
#8 Auburn                  24 points
#22 Texas A&M           7 points
#2 Alabama                1 point
#6 Georgia                 13 points
#9 Mississippi State     7 points
#32 Missouri               7 points

Texas's 6 losses
Opponent                 Margin of Defeat
#38 BYU                  34 points
#15 UCLA                3 points
#7 Baylor                21 points
#12 Oklahoma         5 points
#18 Kansas State     23 points
#5 TCU                    38 points

Arkansas's average loss opponent was ranked approximately #13 and we lost by an average of 10 points.

Texas's average loss opponent was ranked approximately #16 and lost by an average of 21 points.

So we not only beat better teams by wider margins but lost to better teams by lesser margins as well.

Not everyone will agree whether Kendrick should've tweeted what he did but we can all agree that Wescott Eberts is a f!@#ing dumb!@@.   ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Fayettechill14

Quote from: hogwild210 on December 08, 2014, 08:24:46 pm
Wasn't their schedule pretty weak?

No, pretty tough actually. North Texas was their only non-Power 5 opponent. Nine conference games plus BYU and UCLA.

Kansas, Iowa State and Texas Tech are really bad football teams, but still, Texas hasn't had an easy schedule. Not nearly as tough as ours, but still pretty tough.

hogwild210

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on December 09, 2014, 12:35:05 am
No, pretty tough actually. North Texas was their only non-Power 5 opponent. Nine conference games plus BYU and UCLA.

Kansas, Iowa State and Texas Tech are really bad football teams, but still, Texas hasn't had an easy schedule. Not nearly as tough as ours, but still pretty tough.

Interesting, thanks. I was thinking of what Uncommon wrote above.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Speedracer

Certainly got the author's panties all twisted.  He incorrectly spelled the conference name too.
Like smites bother me.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RedRock

Sportster365

Quote from: rickm1976 on December 08, 2014, 03:53:09 pm

There's no fun in that.

Sportster365

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on December 09, 2014, 12:35:05 am

BYU is not a P5 team.

Sportster365

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 09, 2014, 09:31:29 am
What a moron. Hope Coach runs the tar out of him.

What kinda crap is this. You want a rivalry, well this is how it gets started.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 09, 2014, 09:31:29 am
What a moron. Hope Coach runs the tar out of him.

You've said way more dumb stuff than he did.