Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Of the Past Pranks Played on texass

Started by Hog Fan n Tx, December 07, 2014, 07:08:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Fan n Tx

For you younger Hogs listen to the prank played on texass.  This will give you the flavor of our past relationship with texass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTjfSZJfOc

Hogitude

I can't believe that's on You Tube. Lived in LR during that time and heard it live.  Craig was great! I have tried to explain that prank to people for years that didn't hear it. AWESOME FIND!!

HognitiveDissonance

I saw Craig in Kroger's one night and we had fun reminiscing on all the great old prank calls he had made over the years. I think he was surprised/impressed that I remembered all of them...

redeye

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 08, 2014, 12:33:31 am
I saw Craig in Kroger's one night and we had fun reminiscing on all the great old prank calls he had made over the years. I think he was surprised/impressed that I remembered all of them...

I still think my favorite was when he asked if we could borrow their white uniforms, because our equipment manager accidently washed our red and white uniforms together, so they were all now pink.  I can't find that one anywhere, but it was back in the early eighties, I think.

michaels

pigture perfect

It wasn't our prank, but rumor has it the Bevo got its name from Aggie fans kidnapped the Longhorn mascot after a 13-0 win. While in possession of the steer, they branded it with the score. Longhorn fans then branded over the 13-0 and made it 13 [- VO.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

lahawg1

The three most commonly told lies in the state of Texass...

1) I won this belt buckle in a championship rodeo

2) I was QB of our high school state champion team

3) Honest, I was just helping that sheep over the fence

Hog Fan n Tx

Someone with an account on Shaggy Bevo should post this link.

Augustus

+1 for this find!!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:  ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

DLUXHOG

I'd say this one (by Matt Jones) was a pretty good one! (for those of you that are a bit dim, look at his left hand)

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Granny fan

Tears are rolling because I laughed so hard!

GB-Razorback

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

rickm1976

I remember the one where Crazy Craig called Barry Switzer after OU had won the NC.  Craig and Barry were old friends, and Craig could do a perfect voice impersonation of then President Ronald Reagan.  The OU team were celebrating in a hotel banquet room after the win I believe, and Craig, posing as Reagan calling to congratulate them, got Barry on the phone. Craig kept calling Switzer "Larry, Jerry, Gary, etc."  Finally Craig said "Larry, have you ever heard of a DJ in Little Rock named Craig O'Neil?"  Switzer went silent for a few seconds and replied, "HeII yeah, and I got a feeling I've been talking to him all this time!"  It was hilarious.

DLUXHOG

When I was a freshman on the Hill, in 74', I was amused that the Architectural students put up huge, at least 10' tall letters, in the windows of Vol Walker Hall, that said, "T U C K   F E X A S"....  I believe there is a photo of this in the 75 Razorback Yearbook....... :)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

WardamnHOGGLE

Ole Big lips is an Arkansas Original.  He's a keeper.

John Futrall

Honest question: Did he do the in-stadium announcing at Razorback stadium for a time?

CabotHog87

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 08, 2014, 03:41:19 pm
I'd say this one (by Matt Jones) was a pretty good one! (for those of you that are a bit dim, look at his left hand)

He's carrying a football... big deal

PigTimePlayer

Greatness . . . "I really think the dollar sign is going to be our best bet here"
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: CabotHog87 on December 10, 2014, 04:58:52 pm
He's carrying a football... big deal

Not in his left hand. Look at what he's doing with his left hand while actually playing in the game.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2014, 06:34:40 pm
Not in his left hand. Look at what he's doing with his left hand while actually playing in the game.

You do know that's photo shopped.

If the guy on the phone was sharp, he would have known it was a prank.  Why would Arkansas be painting the name of the visiting team in the endzone?

CabotHog87

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2014, 06:34:40 pm

I was just being a smartass

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

bpoecell

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 08, 2014, 03:41:19 pm

Photoshopped

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: John Futrall on December 10, 2014, 04:36:19 pm
Honest question: Did he do the in-stadium announcing at Razorback stadium for a time?

He did.  And although I don't know if it was original to him, he was the first one I recall doing "And that's another Arkansas Razorback...FIRST DOWN!" call.  In fact, I really don't remember other announcers doing it until after he started it, but I could be way off base on that.  Makes the story better though...   ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

I remember hearing that live, but hearing it again was awesome!  The best part was offering to even it up by adding another S to Arkansas.  Phenomenal prank call.   :razorback: ::hornsdown::
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 10, 2014, 09:44:55 pm
He did.  And although I don't know if it was original to him, he was the first one I recall doing "And that's another Arkansas Razorback...FIRST DOWN!" call.  In fact, I really don't remember other announcers doing it until after he started it, but I could be way off base on that.  Makes the story better though...   ;D
Yes, he did start that.
Craig was brought in to replace Andy Hawkins as the PA guy back in the 90s when the Hogs were stinking and there was a lot marketing smoke and mirrors to get people to come. 'Come to Osborne Hog Trough for some bar-b-que'....'come listen to Craig O'Neill as a PA guy'....it was all so stupid. Just win games and people show up. No need for gimmicks like that.

Soooie21

I remember him calling some place trying to sell Tupperware caskets.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 10, 2014, 09:44:55 pm
He called it "code red". I don't remember if the game was against Pacific or New Mexico State or who, but I was in LR for the opening game that year when he started what is now a cheer for most every football team in America. That was a long time ago! I didn't know who the PA was, but it was started in WMS...not a reason to keep playing there, though.  ;)
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: CabotHog87 on December 10, 2014, 06:48:23 pm
I was just being a smartass

Sorry but I didn't read it as if such...............carry on.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 10, 2014, 06:47:16 pm
You do know that's photo shopped.

If the guy on the phone was sharp, he would have known it was a prank.  Why would Arkansas be painting the name of the visiting team in the endzone?

Yes. But it wasn't about if it is real or not. It was about what was in the picture after it was posted.................

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

cypress rock

One of the best that I have heard was when Craig portrayed a cable guy and was telling a girl I think Shirley that her cable service could not be connected that day and she had called in sick to be sure and be home when he came.

It was great!!

AFhawg

Quote from: John Futrall on December 10, 2014, 04:36:19 pm

PA from 1997 - 98.  Maybe 99.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 10, 2014, 10:27:08 pm
Yes, he did start that.
Craig was brought in to replace Andy Hawkins as the PA guy back in the 90s when the Hogs were stinking and there was a lot marketing smoke and mirrors to get people to come. 'Come to Osborne Hog Trough for some bar-b-que'....'come listen to Craig O'Neill as a PA guy'....it was all so stupid. Just win games and people show up. No need for gimmicks like that.

My post wasn't really very clear, but I was thinking he may have actually started that nationally.  I'd never heard that until he started doing it.  At any rate, he wasn't bad from what I can recall.  I've heard worse...

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Jamie Jones on December 11, 2014, 07:35:24 am
He called it "code red". I don't remember if the game was against Pacific or New Mexico State or who, but I was in LR for the opening game that year when he started what is now a cheer for most every football team in America. That was a long time ago! I didn't know who the PA was, but it was started in WMS...not a reason to keep playing there, though.  ;)

I didn't read far enough.  I thought that was right.  I remember it was a little shaky at first, and then people caught on.  He could have easily ripped it off from a smaller school and we'd never know it, but I do think he probably got it started nationally. 

DeltaBoy

Loved Craig his first claim to fame I remember was showing up to black tie events wearing tennis shoes.
He was great on the Radio and other than ROCK 103 in Memphis he was the main show I listened too.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: cypress rock on December 11, 2014, 09:51:52 am
One of the best that I have heard was when Craig portrayed a cable guy and was telling a girl I think Shirley that her cable service could not be connected that day and she had called in sick to be sure and be home when he came.

It was great!!
LaShonda Reed. It's on Youtube, you can find it. Probably his best, and most well known, call of all time.

cypress rock

That's it, Lashonda. If you have not heard it you need to find and listen to it.