Bret Bielema will be the coach at Arkansas next year

Started by Lanny, December 03, 2014, 06:08:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Time to prepare for the bowl game
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ricepig

Bump, because this will soon work it's way to page 2 or 3 due to relevance.

Sir Oinksalot

...you know Coach B. has a Hawkeye tattoo on his left calf.....

Will he get a Razorback tat..?

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Smokehouse

I don't see any reason to be worried about it. Arkansas can match any dollar figure Nebraska comes up with, he clearly likes the staff he has here and you can't assume they'd all travel, he's got too much pride to bow out of the SEC after just two seasons for the conference he left (and a conference that's been lampooned in the media for the past two seasons), and he's got four starters returning on the o-line, fifth-year senior QB, and two star RBs next season to go with a great class to add depth.

If he was still at Wisconsin nobody would think there was any chance of him jumping ship to Nebraska. Why would he do it with a two-year SEC stint in between? If he goes back to the B1G it'll be for Iowa after he's been here for a while.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

ldfergu

Did any of you really think he was leaving??  Listen to his pressers. He's committed to turning this thing around

Sir Oinksalot

...SO hopes so, in a couple years us Razorback fans will be fully bought in.....this is my belief...

Trust SO, Coach B. will win you over...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Bahahaha11

007 License To Squeal

I would find it very hard to believe CBB would leave the U of A when we are seemingly so close to being in contention for the SEC Championship.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 03, 2014, 06:49:26 pm
Starting a thread with nm is against message board protocol. Please ban yourself for 24 minutes and burn a Cowboys jersey in penance.

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggish1

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on December 03, 2014, 06:15:48 pm

I say he should get one from every big 5 school, so nobody will ever know his next move,      or waste time wondering about it...

LMAO

poloprince

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 03, 2014, 06:48:21 pm
I would find it very hard to believe CBB would leave the U of A when we are seemingly so close to being in contention for the SEC Championship.

Say wha......
$PoLoPrInCe$

Professor Psychosis

What's most amazing to me is that anyone anywhere (Razorback fan, or not) thought there was a chance he'd leave after spending 2 years at a SEC school where he is only just now beginning to have a taste of success.

Now if this were year 5 and we'd just come off a run of back-to-back 10 win seasons, then sure, I could see his name floated for lots of coaching opportunities.

forrest city joe

HyperDrive

In 1997, I could see this being a no brainer to go to Nebraska for him.  But that was last century.  The only upside to Nebraska over Arkansas now is that the path to a conference title would be easier.  Arkansas can pay whatever to to keep him, the recruiting won't be significantly easier (in some ways, probably harder) and you're in the highest profile conference in the country.  And it looks like his system is finally starting to sink in with your players.

I just don't see it.

HarleyHog

Go Hogs

texas tush hog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 03, 2014, 06:49:26 pm
Starting a thread with nm is against message board protocol. Please ban yourself for 24 minutes and burn a Cowboys jersey in penance.

Showing my computer and message board illterancy but what does nm mean.

ricepig

Oklahawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 03, 2014, 06:57:37 pm
Thank you Lanny. glade to hear it.

Is that Glade, NM? Is that near good skiing or good horse racing. Gotta figure out what season to visit. :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

CFB_Fanatic

mr4pt

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 03, 2014, 07:25:25 pm
Showing my computer and message board illterancy but what does nm mean.

Mean BB will be coaching at New Mexico next year

tweakmyhamstrings

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

hawg66

Any time you hear Bielema's name linked to an opening, just remember how his name never came up here until he was hired, and remember this quote from him.

"When I started talking to Arkansas I told them, 'Hey, I hear my name come in any way other than my own release then I'm probably going to be out of the conversation.' That's just how I've always operated.

- Bret Bielema

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 03, 2014, 07:32:36 pm
Is that Glade, NM? Is that near good skiing or good horse racing. Gotta figure out what season to visit. :)

Ruidoso...any time of year!!

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

downsouthhawg72

CBB isn't going anywhere. He has a dream job in that he gets what he wants & hires who he wants ala Saban. He's pretty much running his own show & is building his own team his way. He also knows winning at Ark is way way better than winning anywhere else. So I look for him to sign a new extension to stay here for a very long time.
DownSouthHawg

WilsonHog

Quote from: hawg66 on December 03, 2014, 09:04:19 pm
Any time you hear Bielema's name linked to an opening, just remember how his name never came up here until he was hired, and remember this quote from him.

"When I started talking to Arkansas I told them, 'Hey, I hear my name come in any way other than my own release then I'm probably going to be out of the conversation.' That's just how I've always operated.

- Bret Bielema

I like that.

redeye

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 03, 2014, 07:09:01 pm
In 1997, I could see this being a no brainer to go to Nebraska for him. But that was last century.  The only upside to Nebraska over Arkansas now is that the path to a conference title would be easier.  Arkansas can pay whatever to to keep him, the recruiting won't be significantly easier (in some ways, probably harder) and you're in the highest profile conference in the country.  And it looks like his system is finally starting to sink in with your players.

I just don't see it.

What year was it when Nutt turned down Nebraska?  I wish he agreed with you.

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 03, 2014, 10:01:32 pm
I like that.

Whenever we get worried that a school might try to come after CBB, we just create all kinds of rumors and start putting his name out there and he will immediately drop out. We got this.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Pig In The City

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on December 03, 2014, 09:30:40 pm
CBB isn't going anywhere. He has a dream job in that he gets what he wants & hires who he wants ala Saban. He's pretty much running his own show & is building his own team his way. He also knows winning at Ark is way way better than winning anywhere else. So I look for him to sign a new extension to stay here for a very long time.

He won't leave until he finishes what he starts.  Whether this is his dream job is yet to be seen.  He is not April Fool's Rider.

kp72204

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on December 03, 2014, 06:15:48 pm

Well, look at Jimmy Johnson. Texas kid who went to Arkansas and became Miami Legend. So anything is possible.

kp72204

3kgthog

I don't care what he says until he publicly states, "I've told my agent to tell other schools I'm not interested. Take my name out of the running." Saying he's "All Hog" means nothing. You don't burn a bridge while on a recruiting trip and Chris Low got the standard answer any coach would give.

BB's got history with Nebraska's AD and you're blind if you don't think BB is looking at the SEC West and then the B1G and thinking, "Why kill myself trying to win the toughest division in the country? Nebraska has a much easier road to where I want to be." As the old saying goes, where there's smoke there's fire. BB is at least listening to the pitch his old friend is throwing out. At the very least I can see BB using this for a raise just like every other coach in this country does.

PORKULATOR

ESPN Chattanooga mentioned him a dozen times yesterday. Don't know which shows it was as I usually don't listen to that station, but they have him going two or three different places. No one happened to mention his buy out though, isn't it pretty big?
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

ricepig

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 04, 2014, 06:44:52 am
I don't care what he says until he publicly states, "I've told my agent to tell other schools I'm not interested. Take my name out of the running." Saying he's "All Hog" means nothing. You don't burn a bridge while on a recruiting trip and Chris Low got the standard answer any coach would give.

BB's got history with Nebraska's AD and you're blind if you don't think BB is looking at the SEC West and then the B1G and thinking, "Why kill myself trying to win the toughest division in the country? Nebraska has a much easier road to where I want to be." As the old saying goes, where there's smoke there's fire. BB is at least listening to the pitch his old friend is throwing out. At the very least I can see BB using this for a raise just like every other coach in this country does.

Well, of course you don't. Old friend??, I guess you assume they vacationed together while at Wisconsin?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

Can't think of one good reason Beliema would leave here for Nebraska.
Now the Michigan job is a totally different ballgame.
Most any coach would have to give that one a long hard look.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hoggie17

CBB is not going to Neb, the last coach got fired and he won 9 games a year.  When Mich starts winning again, and they will, 9 games will be harder than it is now.  Relax everyone, CBB is going no where until he has had 2 winning seasons in a row.  He may not leave them, but again relax nothing to worry about.

MrKnowItAll

:-\

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 03, 2014, 06:48:21 pm
LOL. Thx for giving me the first laugh of my day.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 04, 2014, 08:45:44 am
LOL. Thx for giving me the first laugh of my day.

Still trying to figure out why you post here...

DLUXHOG

Quote from: kp72204 on December 04, 2014, 02:56:41 am
Well, look at Jimmy Johnson. Texas kid who went to Arkansas and became Miami and Dallas Cowboys Legend. So anything is possible.

Jimmy is only one of 3 coaches to ever win both a collegiate national championship(s) and NFL Super Bowl(s).    All three have ties to the You of A (as either players or coaches or both).........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hawgsalot

You couldn't be more wrong again!  Keep pushing it though 3KG it's most definetly your style.