Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone know how

Started by Prestworthy, January 17, 2015, 11:13:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

the redshirt players did during bowl practices?  I've only heard that Rafe and JoJo opened up some eyes, but I haven't seen it published anywhere.

Mike Irwin

The only observation on the bowl practices that would be "published" would come from the one Fayetteville practice that was open to the media.

The problem was there was a basketball game that afternoon and most of us were gone to that by the time any serious work was done by the red-shirts and back ups.

I've asked around to see if anyone stayed. I haven't found anyone yet that did.

There was one workout in Houston that was open for the first 20 minutes but it was forced indoors by rain that day. There was a press conference at the team hotel right before that practice. The team hotel is part of the Galleria Mall. There were 40,000 people shopping that day. The traffic jam in that part of town caused us to miss the open part of the practice entirely.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 17, 2015, 11:26:00 am
The only observation on the bowl practices that would be "published" would come from the one Fayetteville practice that was open to the media.

The problem was there was a basketball game that afternoon and most of us were gone to that by the time any serious work was done by the red-shirts and back ups.

I've asked around to see if anyone stayed. I haven't found anyone yet that did.

There was one workout in Houston that was open for the first 20 minutes but it was forced indoors by rain that day. There was a press conference at the team hotel right before that practice. The team hotel is part of the Galleria Mall. There were 40,000 people shopping that day. The traffic jam in that part of town caused us to miss the open part of the practice entirely.
What about any "unpublished" observations?

jgphillips3

JoJo is going to give us great speed and ability to get separation that we haven't really had other than brief flashes from Cornelius.  If we can get JoJo and KJ on the field at the same time, our passing game is going to gash some people and our running backs will have at least one less defender in the box to deal with.  Couple that with an experienced senior QB and we could be dangerous this year.