Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you are Cardale Jones,

Started by Karma, January 15, 2015, 03:07:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

do you declare for the draft today or return to OSU?

soccerrunner

Come out.  Skyrocketing value after an improbable run in three high profile games.   Who knows, could be lightening in a bottle.   Somebody will take him within the first three rounds.

Dominicanhog

declare yesterday... it'll never be better.... Urban Liar is going with a dual threat QB and he'll be 3rd string again in the Spring...

hawginbigd1

I would be very tempted, may not get much of a chance to play going forward. I believe he would end up going early because the scouts just don't know enough besides the sterling performances he turned in. The measurables are out of this world.

I'd go to the league if I were him.

Given the location and host of this press conference (not OSU), makes me think he's gone.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Smokehouse

It wouldn't have even been a question for me. NFL teams are perfectly willing to draft QBs on potential alone. With his size and arm strength a lot of GMs probably slot him in above Petty/Hundley as third on the QB board.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HawgNthaWater

it's interesting that everyone is saying he should go; when Darius Philon played more games and was just as dominate is being ridiculed for opting to go pro....
"Listen old man, it's 4th and 1. Either stand up and watch, or just imagine the sh*t like you did during the golden era of radio!"

lilRockNDubb

Weird how everyone says if I were him I'd be gone.. But when it comes to Philon everyone says poor decision.

WooPig90

Quote from: HawgNthaWater on January 15, 2015, 03:24:48 pm
it's interesting that everyone is saying he should go; when Darius Philon played more games and was just as dominate is being ridiculed for opting to go pro....

Philon- Good but undersized DT, played for Arkansas

Jones- Good and NFL body/skills, played for oSU and won the national championship..
hmm most can see a difference

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HawgNthaWater on January 15, 2015, 03:24:48 pm

Philon was a guaranteed starter. Jones could still end up not starting if he goes back to school.
Plus he's a hot topic right now.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hoggish1

The_Iceman

What will he make next year in the NFL....2 or 3 million? Put 1 million of that in an interest account making 6%. What will that be in 30 years?

If I'm him....I leave.

Wildhog

I mean, he could potentially still be the third-string QB next year.
1909/1964/1965/1977

colbs

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 15, 2015, 03:30:46 pm
I mean, he could potentially still be the third-string QB next year.

I'd love to watch that meltdown. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

younghog

GO HOGS

hawg1221

Why do players like Dak Prescott and Cordale Jones have to have PC's to say I'm staying or leaving??  Mariotta didn't have one and he's considered a much higher draft pick.  To me it's ego!  I don't like it at all.  Cordale says at PC "It's no big deal" with regards to his announcement.  Huh???  Then why in the hell would you have a big PC when there is twitter.  I don't understand.

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 15, 2015, 03:39:10 pm
Why do players like Dak Prescott and Cordale Jones have to have PC's to say I'm staying or leaving??  Mariotta didn't have one and he's considered a much higher draft pick.  To me it's ego!  I don't like it at all.  Cordale says at PC "It's no big deal" with regards to his announcement.  Huh???  Then why in the hell would you have a big PC when there is twitter.  I don't understand.
I don't think he organized that.  Looked like his old high school decided it was time for them to get their 15 minutes.

HawgNthaWater

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 15, 2015, 03:27:16 pm
Philon- Good but undersized DT, played for Arkansas

Jones- Good and NFL body/skills, played for oSU and won the national championship..
hmm most can see a difference
him being from arkansas is the exact reason people want him back and look for excuses to make their points.

jones plays for another team so he should go.... pot calling the kettle black
"Listen old man, it's 4th and 1. Either stand up and watch, or just imagine the sh*t like you did during the golden era of radio!"

HawgNthaWater

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 15, 2015, 03:27:30 pm
Philon was a guaranteed starter. Jones could still end up not starting if he goes back to school.
Plus he's a hot topic right now.
so if jones can't start on his own team why is he ready for the NFL? Yes he had a good game but the OSU defense won them that championship the other night.

Wildhog

Quote from: HawgNthaWater on January 15, 2015, 03:44:17 pm
him being from arkansas is the exact reason people want him back and look for excuses to make their points.

jones plays for another team so he should go.... pot calling the kettle black

Not a similar situation at all.  Philon could have come back and his draft stock probably wouldn't have changed that much.

Jones' draft stock is extremely volatile, as he could riding the pine next season.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Sportster365

I think the starting position at tOSU is his to lose. It would be ridicules to place him back on the bench after his last 3 performances in 3 huge games in only 3 career starts.

If he stays and starts it's hard to imagine them losing any more than 2 games next season and a 10-2 record as a starter likely guarantees him a 1st round pick.

HawgNthaWater

Quote from: Wildhog on January 15, 2015, 03:45:39 pm
Not a similar situation at all.  Philon could have come back and his draft stock probably wouldn't have changed that much.

Jones' draft stock is extremely volatile, as he could riding the pine next season.
well it appears that we will continue to disagree but I still think it's a hypocritical situation

PaintballHog

I would've gone. Sitting behind a veteran QB will help him progress more as a pro style QB than playing in Meyer's offense at OSU.

Wish he would have came out and my Steelers got him. Big Ben Jr learning from the real Big Ben. Would've been awesome.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 15, 2015, 03:50:11 pm
I think the starting position at tOSU is his to lose. It would be ridicules to place him back on the bench after his last 3 performances in 3 huge games in only 3 career starts.

If he stays and starts it's hard to imagine them losing any more than 2 games next season and a 10-2 record as a starter likely guarantees him a 1st round pick.

It wouldn't be that ridiculous to bench him. It's a three game sample size, it could end up being a fluke. Miller has three years of solid production (improving every year) and Barrett has almost an entire season of solid play.

Jones is only a a slam dunk starter right now because of recency bias.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

oldman1015

i would get in touch with maurice clarett's agent and get his opinion.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Wildhog

Quote from: oldman1015 on January 15, 2015, 03:58:03 pm
i would get in touch with maurice clarett's agent and get his opinion.

Something tells me the message wouldn't sink in:

1909/1964/1965/1977

Sportster365

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 15, 2015, 03:57:41 pm
It wouldn't be that ridiculous to bench him. It's a three game sample size, it could end up being a fluke. Miller has three years of solid production (improving every year) and Barrett has almost an entire season of solid play.

Jones is only a a slam dunk starter right now because of recency bias.

So if you're the coach of the current buckeye team, who would you start? Miller? Barrett? or Jones?

Wildhog

If they were at Arkansas, all three would declare.  :)

Always seemed to be our luck.  Thank Goodness for JWill.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pigsknuckles

I want him to declare for no other reason than I don't want  to have even a remote chance of playing against him.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

dirtimus

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 15, 2015, 03:29:38 pm
What will he make next year in the NFL....2 or 3 million? Put 1 million of that in an interest account making 6%. What will that be in 30 years?

If I'm him....I leave.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 15, 2015, 04:03:31 pm
So if you're the coach of the current buckeye team, who would you start? Miller? Barrett? or Jones?

Probably depends on practice showing. I'd lean towards Miller or Barrett over Jones because they have more proven, sustainable success, though.

Cresthog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 15, 2015, 03:29:38 pm

If I'm him....I leave.

Amazing that you might as well written this in Russian. Hell if that compounded and you had a few years of 8-10%, you'd have enough to retire in 10-15 easily. And live comfortably.

Ridiculous so many of these guys go broke.

Sportster365

Quote from: Cresthog on January 15, 2015, 04:12:23 pm
Amazing that you might as well written this in Russian. Hell if that compounded and you had a few years of 8-10%, you'd have enough to retire in 10-15 easily. And live comfortably.

Ridiculous so many of these guys go broke.

lifestyle

jm

Quote from: HawgNthaWater on January 15, 2015, 03:45:21 pm
so if jones can't start on his own team why is he ready for the NFL? Yes he had a good game but the OSU defense won them that championship the other night.

That's the point. If he can get paid, he should probably do it. He may never get another chance in the minds of many.]

hogcard1964

Quote from: Wildhog on January 15, 2015, 04:00:12 pm

Dear Lord, that's downright frightening.

urkillnmesmalls

I'm not sure returning really hurts him.  Even if Meyer decides to play Barrett, Jones is in about the same boat with regard to the draft.  He would go out this year on a very small window of success, and they would be looking hard at his measurables.  Those won't change, and people won't forget that he has a howitzer and can take a hit.

In other words, I don't think his stock would be any different next year than this year if he doesn't end up being the starter.  If he does start, and plays well all year, then it could obviously go up. 

Besides, it looks like he could definitely benefit from some further education.   :o       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

WooPig90

Is that his real account? His twitter handle has his name spelled wrong lol

Hogarusa

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 15, 2015, 04:06:24 pm
I want him to declare for no other reason than I don't want  to have even a remote chance of playing against him.

There isn't one
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

20gauge

There was a reason he wasnt starting. On the radio the reason given was he didnt put in the effort that the other QB's did,( weight room, film room), but that he was more talented.

Right now he is fresh on everyones mind. I dont htink anyone really thinks he is ready for the NFL but if he came out he would get drafted by some team willing to try and develope him.

If im him i would strike while the iron is hot as they say.

As for PHilon i wanted him to stay because he helps the Hogs. Should he have declared I dont know. I think he could have improved his draft status if he had stayed but coudl have hurt it as well. But also cant blame him for wanting to try and make it in the NFL and think he will be successful

20gauge

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 15, 2015, 04:38:52 pm
I'm not sure returning really hurts him.  Even if Meyer decides to play Barrett, Jones is in about the same boat with regard to the draft.  He would go out this year on a very small window of success, and they would be looking hard at his measurables.  Those won't change, and people won't forget that he has a howitzer and can take a hit.

In other words, I don't think his stock would be any different next year than this year if he doesn't end up being the starter.  If he does start, and plays well all year, then it could obviously go up. 

Besides, it looks like he could definitely benefit from some further education.   :o     
Or his stock could go down if he became a the starter. Winstons stock has dropped some after this year.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: 20gauge on January 15, 2015, 04:53:58 pm
Or his stock could go down if he became a the starter. Winstons stock has dropped some after this year.

Yeah.  All the way to the projected no. 2 pick in the draft behind Mariota.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

lahawg1

Tell me where I can get 6% on my money, that's what I want to know

onebadrubi

Quote from: lahawg1 on January 15, 2015, 06:11:14 pm
Tell me where I can get 6% on my money, that's what I want to know

Mexican drug cartel

Chestodrawers

Got the impression last night we weren't allowed to talk about OSU players turning pro on HG.

RunHogruN

Hmmm.... "He ain't need schul...schul is Stoopid!, lurnin is foh luzers!"
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

TrueBlue

He told the media he had a "life changing announcement" .....? I didn't see the announcement, but since he is staying at school did he also say he was having a sex change operation? If not what was so life-changing that he said? Serious question....