Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AJ Derby

Started by GrizzlyRider07, January 14, 2015, 06:05:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

Just was invited to the senior bowl today as a late addition.  Very proud of this young man!!
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

OTTER

Absolutely!  He is a gamer.  I appreciate what he did for us.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

John (mrchambo) Chamberlain

Great news for AJ!

Well deserved...

MrC

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

26.2Hog

I really think Derby is going to have a nice career in the NFL.

rusvegashog

In one year became one of my all time faves. If Tony Bua was a tight end he'd be AJ Derby. Might sound stupid but in my head it makes sense. Gamers. Best of luck AJ.

bennyl08

One thing in his favor is that he still has a lot to learn. Teams will see what he was able to do his first year at TE, realize that he can become a lot better, and get excited. How excited they get will be in large part due to how he does at the combine/pro day, and no, that excitement won't lead to him being one of the earlier TE's taken by a long shot. However, how many people were even talking about him being drafted at all just a year ago?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

kaki

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on January 14, 2015, 06:05:25 pm
Just was invited to the senior bowl today as a late addition.  Very proud of this young man!!
Hopefully recruits notice this, because it would appear that Bielema and/or staff likely helped this happen.  AJ deserves this opportunity, but he could have easily been overlooked, with the limited stats and injury.  Bielema may push a few buttons every now and them, but it seems that he is well respected in the coaching ranks and you know he is very dedicated to his players.  Good luck AJ

Amityvillehogger

How's his knee? Anyone know?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

davispard

His catch and run for a TD against Bamar, is one the best highlights of 2014.  IMO...

DoctorSusscrofa

Glad AJ is getting this opportunity. He went through a lot as backup QB and took loads of crappy criticism. He'll always be one of my favorite Razorback players for keeping his head up and adjusting without complaining.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

scorekeeper

Derby deserves major props and I am also glad he is getting an opportunity. Has anyone else went from "Why is he playing!" to "We need him out there!"?
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

HawgTrough

WPS

PorkSoda

Quote from: OTTER on January 14, 2015, 06:27:44 pm
Absolutely!  He is a gamer.  I appreciate what he did for us.
gonna miss him.  and last year, I never thought I would say that.

He was clutch as a TE.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

reddogjcss

Spikes

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

Mike_e

Third round to the Pats.

Belichick is no fool.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Spikes

Quote from: Mike_e on January 15, 2015, 05:10:35 pm
Third round to the Pats.

Belichick is no fool.

3 rd draft pick.. WOW
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

HawgTrough

Quote from: Spikes on January 15, 2015, 04:49:05 pm

So you think AJ will get drafted ?
I'm not sure if he's healthy enough for pro day
WPS

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ocsm158

Don't see him on either roster.

ricepig

Boarcephus

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 14, 2015, 10:43:00 pm
One thing in his favor is that he still has a lot to learn.

The thing that is most in his favor is he's 6-5, 255 which is what killed DJ.   Hope the guy does well and I'll never forget the TD vs Alabama.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hog63

He Chose not to play to insure he was 100% for the combine

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 17, 2015, 07:47:13 pm
The thing that is most in his favor is he's 6-5, 255 which is what killed DJ.   Hope the guy does well and I'll never forget the TD vs Alabama.
wasn't it awesome. He just wanted it more than Bama wanted to stop him.
Wps
NY
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

LSPRazorbac

Not bad for a kid gifted a scholly because his dad and CBB were BFFs.

Just kidding. lol