Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why are our assistants leaving?

Started by sooeey pig pig pig, January 14, 2015, 07:29:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A few assistants have vacated. Why?

They were run off due to incompetence.
They knew the ax was coming at some point and quit.
They were politely asked to leave.
They were unconvinced with Coach B in general.
They felt any success was a credit on the defensive coordinator and assistant coaches, not Coach.
The SEC was too tough.
Mixed Bag
Frito Pie

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

sooeey pig pig pig

The only thing I have serious questions about is, if the Hogs are on their way up up up, to where we think they're going, which is top-10 to 15 next year, then why would assistants bail right before liftoff?  Wouldn't they be able to parlay the Hogs' impending success into even better opportunities than they could get now, and more money, too?  For this reason I think they had to be runt off.

The Kig

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 14, 2015, 11:13:23 am
Wasn't that the restaurant that was killing people or making them really sick back in the day

They all do... Just some take a longer path. 

I went with mixed bag.  Shannon was going to go back to FL eventually and nobody should be shocked.  Chaney was routinely defended and attacked every week after games.  Several WTH moments during games probably played into the decision (his or CBB's) to depart. 
Poker Porker

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 14, 2015, 11:13:23 am
Wasn't that the restaurant that was killing people or making them really sick back in the day

Not the only one.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: MissippHog on January 14, 2015, 03:36:38 pm
Because we stopped wearing anthracite.

Great answer. Most logical and reasonable answer to this question possible.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

twistitup

Where have all of our assistants gone?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Fayettetopia

Richard Davenport's comments on the radio today were interesting. He felt that Chaney leaving (or maybe just the final straw) had something to do with a disagreement between him and CBB over playing BA in the Mizzou game. One wanted to pull him and the other wanted to keep him in. This apparently devolved into a basic difference in approaches kind of thing, it sounds like. Richard, can you recap?

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Fayettetopia on January 15, 2015, 03:04:09 pm
Richard Davenport's comments on the radio today were interesting. He felt that Chaney leaving (or maybe just the final straw) had something to do with a disagreement between him and CBB over playing BA in the Mizzou game. One wanted to pull him and the other wanted to keep him in. This apparently devolved into a basic difference in approaches kind of thing, it sounds like. Richard, can you recap?

Well, I've been a supporter of BA, but he definitely should have been pulled at Mizzou.  He was completely useless in the 2nd half.  He was not physically capable of playing in a football game that day.  It was lunacy to leave him in there when we were needing to put a scoring drive together.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Fayettetopia on January 15, 2015, 03:04:09 pm

I'm guessing CBB was the one that wanted him to stay in, since it's his call in the end.

twistitup

It was obvious to the entire nation that BA needed to be pulled at mizzou.

PorkSoda

Quote from: twistitup on January 15, 2015, 03:23:22 pm
It was obvious to the entire nation that BA needed to be pulled at mizzou.
yeah, not sure what was up with that.

with BA injured the previous game, how could they have not had AA ready to go?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HawgTide

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 15, 2015, 03:36:42 pm
yeah, not sure what was up with that.

with BA injured the previous game, how could they have not had AA ready to go?

Maybe part of that answer lies with having an extremely complex offense and slow QB development.

wachhog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 14, 2015, 01:57:22 pm
It's known as "gag in the bag" down here in DFW.....
It Was  Jack in the Crack when I lived there.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: wachhog on January 15, 2015, 06:01:09 pm
It Was  Jack in the Crack when I lived there.

Have also heard that synonym here as well ... Hope you relocated to Arkansas after DFW....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Mitch C

The assistants left because they heard Gruden was coming to Arkansas.

Hog1952

Bad hotdogs up in the coaches box. They were making them sick during the second half!!

twistitup

Looking out for their own safety....the SEC needs to upgrade theielevators in all venues - all the other conferences already have done this and it's costing us coaches!!