Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Of You Haven't Graduated From the U of A?

Started by Rooka, January 13, 2015, 02:24:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorRed26

Quote from: SwinerBock on January 14, 2015, 03:18:17 pm
First few years spent at (S)MSU in Springfield, MO.  Finished up the BS at SAU after an 8yr break.  Almost done with an MBA through Harding (taken 6 years and counting).  Considering chasing another Masters through UALR.  At this rate, both of my boys will be out of high school and college before I am done.

When did you go to SMS/Missouri State?  I was at the U of A for a year, transferred to SMS in '03.  Grad MSU '07.  Wife landed a job with Corp Walmart and moved me back to NWA. 

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Rooka on January 13, 2015, 02:24:11 pm
How many Hog fans here on Hogville haven't attended the U of A?

I graduated from ASU in '12, and am about to go back to get my degree in Physical Therapy which I wished U of A offered, but unfortunately they don't. I keep telling my buddies and wife, I will graduate from U of A one day even if it's just for fun. They all think I'm crazy, but oh well time and money will be the ultimate decider. Thought I would just ask around and see how many others graduated from other institutions.

GO HOGS

I went to UALR cause Playboy had to put UA on their top 10 party school list while I was in HS. Mom crapped a brick when I said I wanted to go to UA.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogpc

Never attended UA - bachelors and masters out of state.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: umpqua on January 14, 2015, 04:42:02 pm
Very same dream. UofA '83.

That's the year my slog got underway.   Been back and checked the sidewalk just to make sure the dream wasn't true.

GTOWNHOG

I graduated from ASU in '12, and am about to go back to get my degree in Physical Therapy which I wished U of A offered, but unfortunately they don't. I keep telling my buddies and wife, I will graduate from U of A one day even if it's just for fun. They all think I'm crazy, but oh well time and money will be the ultimate decider. Thought I would just ask around and see how many others graduated from other institutions.

GO HOGS

GO HOGS

After reading this board for many years, I would say that the vast majority of posters did not graduate from the U of A.  There are probably a lot of posters who have never been to Fayetteville.   That does not mean that they are any less HOG fans than those that attended school in Fayettevillle and obtained a degree.   It's like all of the Notre Dame fans that have never been to South Bend.  They latached on to us and we appreciate the support...   I graduated from the University of Arkansas in 1973.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

maggiesue

Moved from Arkansas before 6th grade but not many fans bigger than me.  Dad and Two uncles went there and one uncle was manager on Barnhill's teams.  I went to UT Austin though I gre up despising them.  Very dysfunctional situation but I went to the Texas Bowl and loved every minute of it.  Greatest sports memory in my 51 years of life is 1978 Orange Bowl.

hoggytonk

Hog in Iowa

UA for freshman year ('71-72), got married, HSU '75.  Lifelong Hog fan.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

pigsareflying

UCA '87

Born into a family of hog fans in 1963.   :razorback:

vol_in_ar

GO HOGS

I didn't

Muleriderhog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

JONAS

KCRazorbackfan

Arkansas State Police Trooper Academy, Camden, AR 1980
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

TexomaRazorback

U of A BSEE 1983. SMU MSEE. Only went to Moody when Razorbacks played Mustangs to root for my hogs.

HaskellHog83

Arkansas WR

jkstock04

Proud to say my names on the sidewalk! Class of '04....fond memories.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HogCzar1

Graduated from UA and got my name on the walk in 1986.

TheRazorback500

Lifetime Hog fan from far south AR. No college, have worked 37 years since my HS graduation in 1978.

Blessed and WPS.

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Knot2brite

ATU '94 and '99....didn't go to UA because if I had I would still be a second semester sophomore....
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Cavtastic Voyage

Quote from: rwspear on January 14, 2015, 01:12:56 pm
im a sidewalk fan

aka my name is chiseled in the sidewalk adjacent to the greek theater

I graduated in 2011. Im in the same location. Thats the most gucci spot IMO. High traffic area. There's probably some hot Chi-O debating rather she knows me as we speak. The answer is no, but your older sister knows me well.

RedBird5

U of A '02 graduate.   Great time from what I recall....

reptilehog

SAU.  Absolutely embarrassing wearing that "Riders" uniform at track meets in college, but just wasn't good enough to run for McDonnell.

impact

Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

bob slydell

ASU '98. Grew up in NEA but born and raised a Hog even though I never attended.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Hogchick

Trottsky

Graduated from another SEC school before moving to Arkansas. One of my sons got his degree at UA, class of 2011.

OKC

Graduating from UA would have been a dream come true!...so would've playing either football or basketball for the hogs as any Razorback to me, when I was a kid, was the biggest celebrity...I couldn't fathom why anyone from AR would play anywhere else if given the opportunity...(I was devastated when I found out Keith Jackson was from AR and played at OU)....anyways, joined the USAF when I was 17 and finished my BS at OU (irony) and my MBA at Southern Nazarene University in Bethany, OK.

SwinerBock

Quote from: RazorRed26 on January 14, 2015, 05:34:54 pm
When did you go to SMS/Missouri State?  I was at the U of A for a year, transferred to SMS in '03.  Grad MSU '07.  Wife landed a job with Corp Walmart and moved me back to NWA. 
'89 to '92-ish

Hooter

MJ2

U of A grad and forever cemented into the sidewalk.   Had no idea it was "special" when I first went there, but glad I did now.   They can't take it away so to speak.

Großer Kriegschwein

Went off in the military. Attended a hodgepodge of colleges. North Central Institute, Central Texas, University of Maryland. If UA had a better distance education program during my formative years, I would have exclusively attended.
This is my non-signature signature.

justmaybe

January 15, 2015, 10:23:43 am #187 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:28:46 pm by justmaybe
Graduated in '82. Said woo pig sooie before I said 'momma'. And mom was okay with that.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: justmaybe on January 15, 2015, 10:23:43 am
Graduated in '82. Said woo pis soiled before I said 'momma'. And mom was okay with that.

Autocorrect is a B!&^%$ huh?
This is my non-signature signature.

hilljack

Two time UofA grad... 97 and 01.  Started grad school at West Florida, but realized that I was spoiled by the awesome campus and professors in Fayetteville and went back to finish my Masters.  Wish I could go back for a Phd, but that's probably not going to happen.  Both my kids are hoping to be Razorback swimmers. They have a while to go before they're in college... hopefully we can make it happen.

grayhawg

Class of 1964 WPS

yeah I know I'm older than dirt

WayneHawg

Lifetime hog fan! Love the campus! Never went to college,have a daughter in law that is a UA grad, along with a son that earned a full ride masters scholarship from the UofA

jbdavidson15

class of 2011 and loved every second of it (minus student loan) :razorback:

John Futrall

Quote from: jbdavidson15 on January 15, 2015, 10:55:32 am
class of 2011 and loved every second of it (minus student loan) :razorback:

Class of 2000 (Bachelor of Music)
Class of 2006 (MIS)
Class of 2014 (MBA)

Student loans are no big deal. This is how I paid mine off, and what I recommend to any student today:

code red

Graduated from College of Ozarks in 95...played against Hogs in 93...went 2-3 2 stolen bases and 2 runs scored...my claim to fame.  Born and raised in Greenbrier.  Wanted to be a Hog but physical limitations dictated otherwise.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

myriad_rocker

I did my undergrad at the U of A (2003).  I'd go back and do it all over again, it was that great.  I didn't really get into college football until a few years after I left, though.  Master's was done at Harding University (2009).

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: John Futrall on January 15, 2015, 10:59:01 am
Class of 2000 (Bachelor of Music)
Class of 2006 (MIS)
Class of 2014 (MBA)

Student loans are no big deal. This is how I paid mine off, and what I recommend to any student today:

Great show man!  Always wanted to be on myself.  I guess you didn't end up winning the Showcase?

HogPsych

Never did but worked in administration there for the 2004 year.

RBLtoHOG

I had applied to and was accepted to UofA but January '05 (my Senior Year of HS) I was in a bad wreck with a semi-truck that messed me up pretty good.

After that, I decided to stay home and go to UA- Fort Smith for a year to knock out some electives.

Ended up just staying as I wasn't careful with what would transfer and I was going up to Fayetteville every weekend, anyways as it was only 45 minutes away.

Cheaper to stay and go here while also being up there any time I wanted.

Got my Bachelors in Business Admin from UAFS and moved to Dallas. Back in Fort Smith now and have started commuting to NWACC for the CRA Program... then I will finally (likely) end up living up in NWA in about a year when I wrap up the program and (hopefully) find a job up there.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

DrSwineESQ

January 15, 2015, 09:34:23 pm #199 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:47:53 pm by DrSwineESQ
I'm the third of four generations of UA graduates, and I have four degrees from the Hill (my name is on the sidewalk so many times, I was cited for graffiti).

BA     '96     UofA
MA    '98     UofA
JD     '01     UofA Law
Ph.D. '08     UofA

And I am lucky enough to be a professor at the U of A now.  I intend to roam the halls of Old Main, teaching these wonderful kids, until I fall off my walker from old age four or five decades from now.   :razorback: