Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Of You Haven't Graduated From the U of A?

Started by Rooka, January 13, 2015, 02:24:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JansterZ71

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Flighthawg

Never attended classes, but born and raised in Arkansas,
been around the world. Have always been a Razorback fan.

everybody loves bacon

PorkerOinker

"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

FLhogzfan

January 13, 2015, 10:13:11 pm #104 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:12:32 pm by FLhogzfan
Retired from Air Force 27 years after high school and two years of community college in Helena Ark.  Big Hog fan all my life and I have worn the colors and watched games in Arkansas, Germany, Maine, Georgia, Hawaii, South Dakota, and Florida...not to mention the disappointing loss to #6 Ohio State, Sugar Bowl while deployed in Baghdad, Iraq Jan 2011.  Watched it with another fellow AIr Force NCO Arkansan and a Navy NCO who was Ohio State fan at 0400 in the morning.

usnavyhogfan

went active duty Navy right after graduating in 2000. still active. Looking into the masters program online at the UofA but some of it is in person and I'm in Cali so unfortunately thats a no go. When i retire would like to get a second masters there.
The dream is free, the journey is not.

rickm1976

U of A 1975 - 1980.  It was probably the best time of my life, aside from watching my kids grow up.  According to my wife, they grew up and matured faster than I did, and have now passed me by.

Laughing Hog

1st semester on the hill. Then family let me know that the money for school dried up, and was told I had to find my own way to pay for it. Went to UALR to save money. Probably a good thing because I was having WAY too much fun and knew too many people.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

rljjr

Quote from: island hog on January 13, 2015, 04:16:28 pm
Class of '82, University of Texas at Austin.  Got to root against the Horns every week in person!

That's how we'll take them down. One at a time, from the inside. Well played. Well played.

caneybuck

University of Arkansas at Monticello '67. I would sat in the stands at the Boll Weevil's games and listen the Razorback games on my little portable radio.  Actually a lot of us did that. It was funny to see the fans erupt with cheers when nothing was happening with the Weevil game. It got so bad the students were ask not to bring their radios to the Weevil's games.......didn't stop anyone!!  That was during the mid '60's when not a lot of games were on TV.   

Former Natchez Hog

Copiah Lincoln Community College (Wesson, MS) AA
University of Southern Mississippi BS
Alcorn State University (Lorman, MS) Masters

Born in 1960 and have been a Razorback all my life. Had a Razorback shirt and cap on in my Southern Miss student ID card.

Been a season ticket holder for about 25 years.

My son graduated from U of A.

Danny Haynes

I have degrees from the University of Arkansas and the University of Tennessee.

BOAR_N2BWILD

I have two degrees from UCA. I plan on getting my Ed.D from U of A.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

immahog

was always my dream but ....nutt never offered a scholly ...so I took the free ride to jackson state class of 2009
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: usnavyhogfan on January 13, 2015, 10:48:07 pm
went active duty Navy right after graduating in 2000. still active. Looking into the masters program online at the UofA but some of it is in person and I'm in Cali so unfortunately thats a no go. When i retire would like to get a second masters there.
Thanks for your service
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

MountieDawg

Did not graduate from the U of A.... However they have plenty of my hard earned cash since my 3 kids have attended the U of A.
SEC!

Sow’sEar

1highhog

Always a fan, never been a College man though, to poor back then to even think about it.  Didn't have indoor plumbing till I was 15, graduated School at 17, went straight to work and have worked hard ever since.  Was able to retire this year at age 50, maybe I could go now for kicks just to say I went, but my wife probably wouldn't like the idea of me surrounded by all those pretty young fillies up there on the hill.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 13, 2015, 05:06:58 pm
I thought you meant Fort Smith Southside…………………..

We all have our crosses to bear.  lol
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

ricepig

26.2Hog

I am a proud graduate from the U of A,  and it only took me two terms.

Johnson's and Nixon's.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

aaronpjones21

Arkansas Tech '07 & '09.. Grew up in Harrison, been going to Razorback games since I was 5. Had a full scholarship to Tech. Hard to turn that down.

Sooiepride

I haven't not graduated from Arkansas, does that still count?  :D

UA - class of '01
Air Force Institute of Technology - class of '06

God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

Jackrabbit Hog

Me:  BS from UCA in Conway, 1983, but season ticket holder for UA since 1967 (first with my dad, then on my own after I graduated college).

Wife:  Attended UA for 2 years but eventually graduated from Memphis State.  Season ticket holder with me since 2003.

We have a sophomore at UA currently.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Pork Twain

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 13, 2015, 04:26:58 pm
Ole Miss grad here, but most of you probably already figured that out.  :D
I thought you went to Highland HS, between Hardy and Ash Flat.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

josh_sec33

I have 3 degrees. All from the U of A.

'96, '99, '12
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hobhog

Took the John Belushi (Bluto) route. 5 years of college at UA down the drain........

XX

Lake Hamilton Jr High grad is in the house...high school and college seemed pointless. 
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

PennHOG

Louisiana Tech, 1992, BS in computer science.

Shippensburg University (in central Pennsylvania), 2005, MS in Information Systems.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Pig In The City

Class of '84

Then it all went downhill from there when I moved to Texas!

WPS!

alohawg

Quote from: HognVA on January 13, 2015, 03:13:24 pm
I did not. U.S. Navy out of High school. Lived out of state since then. Arkansas is still "home" and the Hogs are a part of that.

Same here, Go Hogs!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

rwspear

im a sidewalk fan

aka my name is chiseled in the sidewalk adjacent to the greek theater

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 14, 2015, 10:49:16 am
I thought you went to Highland HS, between Hardy and Ash Flat.

No, but I am a good Northeast Arkansas boy.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

PaintballHog

Graduated a few weeks ago with Flowers and BA.  :razorback:

DLUXHOG

Quote from: foodhog on January 13, 2015, 03:08:20 pm
Proud College of the Ozarks Grad class of 76 but have been a life long Hog fan

Wow, you actually "worked" for that degree.... +1000
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

WriterWrong

SwinerBock

First few years spent at (S)MSU in Springfield, MO.  Finished up the BS at SAU after an 8yr break.  Almost done with an MBA through Harding (taken 6 years and counting).  Considering chasing another Masters through UALR.  At this rate, both of my boys will be out of high school and college before I am done.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Quote from: Rooka on January 13, 2015, 02:24:11 pm
How many Hog fans here on Hogville haven't attended the U of A?

I graduated from ASU in '12, and am about to go back to get my degree in Physical Therapy which I wished U of A offered, but unfortunately they don't. I keep telling my buddies and wife, I will graduate from U of A one day even if it's just for fun. They all think I'm crazy, but oh well time and money will be the ultimate decider. Thought I would just ask around and see how many others graduated from other institutions.

GO HOGS

Graduated Cornell - Grew up in Arkansas.
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

arkansasstory

Raised in Arkansas
Graduated from Tech & U of Memphis
Attended U of A, UCA, & UNCC
Considering Clemson for Doctorate

JHESTER

ASU 2010 here.  Would have loved to have went to UA but family and my job at the time persuaded me to attend the college 30 mins away instead of 5 hrs away. Attended one football game in my life there and wore my hog gear.  Just not a fan.  Raised a hog fan always a hog fan. 

Rawland Watson

I did not attend University of Arkansas but born and raised in Arkansas a hog fan. living in Dallas now calling the hogs anytime there in the Metroplex :razorback:
hard work and dedication

umpqua

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on January 13, 2015, 09:03:28 pm
I used to dream from time to time that I still needed 1 class to get my blasted degree.
Very same dream. UofA '83.

panhandlepig

Quote from: umpqua on January 14, 2015, 04:42:02 pm
Very same dream. UofA '83.

Same dream but it was high school. Evidently I didn't turn in a paper on time or something.
  I didn't graduate from the UofA. I had 3 great years there but no diploma...partied too much. And skipped class to float the Buffalo river every chance I got. 
  My Dad, my brother, several aunts and uncles stayed the course and their names are on the sidewalk. Go Hogs.

Sigepgator702

Henderson State graduate...I've been calling the Hogs since I was a piglet!

Hey Super

Spent 3 great years in Fayetteville but finished my final year at the University of North Texas due to money being tight and me being out of state. I am Hog to the bone and someday hope to have my name etched in stone there.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Gfranks

UCA (BS) 1989.....lived the Coach Horton Days!!!!! 
Webster University (MS) 2002, Fort Leavenworth KS Campus----Paid for by the US Army!

As a young man.....watched Dr. Lou and the Hogs win in the orange bowl and that sealed the deal for me to become a lifelong Hog Fan

Retired Lieutenant Colonel---- Served 22 years in the Army....lived in 10 different states and traveled to over 23 countries and flew the Hog flag everywhere.....Currently live in Huntsville Alabama

Love reading post in Hogville