Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Korliss Marshall is headed to...

Started by ams_sports, January 13, 2015, 11:14:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ams_sports

...Eastern Illinois per his Facebook to play for Rogers native and former Razorback, Kim Dameron. Although I'm not certain, I would imagine he will be eligible this upcoming season and free to transfer to Div I following the season. After briefly skimming his coaching history, it is interesting to note that he was an assistant at Ole Miss while Hugh Freeze was on staff as a TE coach. I do not know if their is any relationship between the two, but I did find a transfer from OM to EI in 2014. Wish the best of luck Korliss in football and in life.

hoggusamoungus

seikocanon

Quote from: ams_sports on January 13, 2015, 11:14:02 am
...Eastern Illinois per his Facebook to play for Rogers native and former Razorback, Kim Dameron. Although I'm not certain, I would imagine he will be eligible this upcoming season and free to transfer to Div I following the season. After briefly skimming his coaching history, it is interesting to note that he was an assistant at Ole Miss while Hugh Freeze was on staff as a TE coach. I do not know if their is any relationship between the two, but I did find a transfer from OM to EI in 2014. Wish the best of luck Korliss in football and in life.

Eastern Illinois is a Division 1 - FCS school so he could not transfer back to a BCS without sitting out a year.  They play in the OVC.

Tusks

They're putting the band back together and I was going to wish them many L's until I saw that Dirt Winston is on the staff and he beat USCw almost by himself so I hope he gets out of there ASAP.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ams_sports

Quote from: seikocanon on January 13, 2015, 11:22:25 am
Eastern Illinois is a Division 1 - FCS school so he could not transfer back to a BCS without sitting out a year.  They play in the OVC.

That is correct. Somehow missed they were FCS. Hmm.. Interesting move.

Tim Harris

Quote from: ams_sports on January 13, 2015, 11:40:30 am

Why interesting?  By going to the FCS level he can play immediately without having to sit out.

MuskogeeHogFan

It was an anticipated move for him.
Go Hogs Go!

DukeOfPork

I assumed he would go FCS. 

#1 STUNNA

Should have went to arkansas state or uca

PorkRinds

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 13, 2015, 12:35:49 pm

Unless he needed a change of scenery.

MuskogeeHogFan

Why? Because he is from Arkansas?
Go Hogs Go!

Tim Harris

He would have to sit out a year if he went to Arkansas St.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 13, 2015, 12:39:31 pm

Maybe he was saying at the beginning?? Not that that would have probably helped him, anyway, get your life straightened out and good luck.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 13, 2015, 12:39:31 pm

Yeah, ASU makes no sense.

bigstyx

I believe that makes Danny Nutt his position coach. Markuson and Dirt Winston on the staff. Dave Wommack's son is the Defensive Cooridinator. Lots of Razorback connections on that staff.

gmarv

well good for him hope it works out.

ams_sports

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 13, 2015, 11:51:50 am
Why interesting?  By going to the FCS level he can play immediately without having to sit out.

Interesting that he would go to EI if he were going the FCS route. Korliss was on his way to an official visit at UCA and was likely to commit when he got the call from Arkansas notifying him  about his offer. I guess I just assumed he would still have ties and would likely go the UCA route if he were to go FCS.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: ams_sports on January 13, 2015, 11:14:02 am
I called this a week after he didn't play in that last game.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 13, 2015, 02:59:10 pm

You called him going to Eastern Illinois?

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 13, 2015, 03:00:17 pm
You called him going to Eastern Illinois?
He did.  I remember that.  Someone did anyway.

PorkRinds

yraciv

Worked for Isiah Crowell after he got kicked off UGA.  Hope he gets his head straight, and turns out the same way.  And for those who worry about Danny, there is a Sonic 15 minutes down the street.

Peter Porker

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 13, 2015, 12:39:12 pm
Why? Because he is from Arkansas?

Because he needs to get away from Arkansas.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: ams_sports on January 13, 2015, 02:56:03 pm
Interesting that he would go to EI if he were going the FCS route. Korliss was on his way to an official visit at UCA and was likely to commit when he got the call from Arkansas notifying him  about his offer. I guess I just assumed he would still have ties and would likely go the UCA route if he were to go FCS.

Wasn't Conque the coach then?  If so, this is a completely new staff at UCA.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: DukeOfPork on January 13, 2015, 04:06:58 pm
Wasn't Conque the coach then?  If so, this is a completely new staff at UCA.

You are correct. Also a closer drive to Charleston, IL from Osceola than it was to Fayetteville. FWIW
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 14, 2015, 06:03:28 am
You are correct. Also a closer drive to Charleston, IL from Osceola than it was to Fayetteville. FWIW

That's crazy....  We need a mountain hwy running right through N. AR...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PorkRinds

Really?  Holy crap, that's strange to think of....

Hawgndaaz

elksnort

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 14, 2015, 06:50:08 am
That's crazy....  We need a mountain hwy running right through N. AR...
They are working on this. It's called U.S. Hwy.  #412. 

BoynamedWooPigSooie

He's gonna be the spark that Varner needs in a couple years.  They'll finally get that inter-penitentiary playoff spot w/ KM toting the ball.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

PorkRinds

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on January 14, 2015, 08:11:42 pm
He's gonna be the spark that Varner needs in a couple years.  They'll finally get that inter-penitentiary playoff spot w/ KM toting the ball.

If he can stay out of trouble. And that'd a big if at this point.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: elksnort on January 14, 2015, 05:02:26 pm
They are working on this. It's called U.S. Hwy.  #412. 

Nicest "passing lanes" in the state.

ricepig

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 14, 2015, 08:35:45 pm
If they would just bypass Salem......

Ha! Hey, you can't go North because of Salem Knob & you can't go south because of Salem International Airport. Just hope for a turning lane. Besides, why would you want to bypass Hillbilly U-Pump #2? They fry up some mean chicken strips & Jo-jo taters.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 14, 2015, 08:47:08 pm
Ha! Hey, you can't go North because of Salem Knob & you can't go south because of Salem International Airport. Just hope for a turning lane. Besides, why would you want to bypass Hillbilly U-Pump #2? They fry up some mean chicken strips & Jo-jo taters.

And here I thought Sonic was the place to eat, you learn something new on HV every day.

Swineasaur

I called you a red headed liar, then I mapped it. I am sorry for calling you names.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Swineasaur on January 14, 2015, 08:53:27 pm
I called you a red headed liar, then I mapped it. I am sorry for calling you names.

Ha! No harm, no foul.

jackflash

I think this will be a one year deal. Look for him to make himself available for the NFL after next year.

Beaverfever

Kid is crazy talented.  Shame he never did big things here. 

sowmonella

Hopefully the wake up call was taken. Good luck to the young man. He has NFL potential. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: jackflash on January 14, 2015, 09:35:57 pm
I think this will be a one year deal. Look for him to make himself available for the NFL after next year.

I wish nothing but the best for the ol boy, but I pray that he takes this last bit of experience and realize that football can go away just like that. Whatever his demons are, I hope that he is able to refocus his life and concentrate on a life plan. Since it is free, I would also hope that he gets his degree. I am rooting for Korliss Marshall, the man, to put all the pieces together and be successful.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

ricepig

He wanted to go to UCA, but we wouldn't release him to any in-state school.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 13, 2015, 02:59:10 pm

Congrats.  You win the thread. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.