Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MIKE VRABEL?

Started by lamont7906, January 07, 2017, 06:32:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lamont7906

I know we want to install a 3-4 and Houston run a 3-4. Mike is a linebacker coach for them making around 300,000. I know he turned down the 9ers DC job but maybe he thought kelly wasn't going to be there long. I wonder would he want to go the college route. I mean we can pay him 500,000 and more. A superbowl ring could be a plus to show recruits.

rzrbackramsfan

Is he the linebacker coach for Houston now? I saw him on hard knocks.  I wouldn't mind that hire,  he's a hardass! 

AirWarren

Yeah. Because he wants to come to Fayetteville.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2017, 06:52:33 pm

Why wouldn't he? 

cosmodrum

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 07, 2017, 06:50:06 pm
Is he the linebacker coach for Houston now? I saw him on hard knocks.  I wouldn't mind that hire,  he's a hardass! 

Yes, he is. I don't think we have no more than a 0% chance to get him, and we have no clue what kind of coordinator he'd be.
Go away, batin'

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 07, 2017, 06:54:56 pm
Yes, he is. I don't think we have more than a 0% chance we could get him, and we have no clue what kind of coordinator he'd be.

Why do we have such a bad shot with him, sounds like a good opportunity for him. 

There's risk in every hire honestly.

BassinHawg

OH, you were watching the playoff game weren't you. LOL.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

King Kong

cosmodrum

Ain't you never seent the beautiful Boston mountains from the upper visitor section of Donald W Reynolds Razorback Stadium?
Go away, batin'

lamont7906

Hey he gotta conduct DC somewhere to prove he can handle himself being in charge. I mean coach here  2 to 3 years build the defense up he will get calls. Thats if HC is his goal.

jgphillips3

As a LB coach, sure.  As a DC, I want a proven coach with prior success in college as a DC.

longpig

Vrabel headbutts helmeted players. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Pork Ranger

SquidBilly

I'd rather have Doug Plank

Sooie71923

LOL

You were watching the playoff game and heard Gruden talkin him up!

LOL!!!!    His name was mentioned on a sports broadcast! Must be a great college D.C. Hire!!!!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: King Kong on January 07, 2017, 07:00:16 pm
When Hell freezes over

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/21/4756626/jen-vrabel-jen-bielema-twitter

My understanding is also he didn't like coaching in college
I was wondering if everyone had forgotten this. No way in Hades that Vrabel is coming here.

Hogfan46

Quote from: lamont7906 on January 07, 2017, 06:32:00 pm
I know we want to install a 3-4 and Houston run a 3-4. Mike is a linebacker coach for them making around 300,000. I know he turned down the 9ers DC job but maybe he thought kelly wasn't going to be there long. I wonder would he want to go the college route. I mean we can pay him 500,000 and more. A superbowl ring could be a plus to show recruits.

Is this a joke? Do you seriously think this is a possibility? Wow.

Mike Vrabel could have his pick of DC, or maybe HC jobs in the NFL where he doesn't have to spend his available free time traveling to podunk high schools trying to convince 18yr olds to play for him.

deedster84

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 07, 2017, 06:56:00 pm
Why do we have such a bad shot with him, sounds like a good opportunity for him. 

There's risk in every hire honestly.

Because while I believe in CBB and the direction the program is going, this can't be a risk hire. It needs to be a proven coordinator or even us CBB believers may start scratching our heads.

tusksincolorado

compared to Houston....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 07, 2017, 09:13:23 pm
compared to Houston....

I'd probably choose fayetteville over Houston.

Hogfan46

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 07, 2017, 09:46:54 pm
I'd probably choose fayetteville over Houston.

Fayetteville is great. Use to live there and loved it. I live in Houston now.
Where Vrabel can afford to live in Houston though is much greater than Fayetteville on many levels.

Buff

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on January 07, 2017, 08:33:36 pm
I was wondering if everyone had forgotten this. No way in Hades that Vrabel is coming here.

Bret needs to personally delete his wife's social media accounts

RME

I don't know guys, I'm still holding out for Dick LeBeau. Or maybe if the Broncos' new coach doesn't retain Wade Phillips, we'd probably have a good shot at him. Hell the Ryan brothers are out of a job, why not?

Hogarusa

Pretty funny thread. I love people watching sports and coming up with new hires from the games they are watching.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Hogs958

he would be an interesting choice. CBB will probably pick someone we haven't thought of or predicted.

Hogman2

How about Mike Singletary!  Hall of Famer!

RME

Quote from: Hogman2 on January 07, 2017, 11:53:04 pm
How about Mike Singletary!  Hall of Famer!

Now you're talkin'. Heard Dick Butkus was looking to enter the coaching ranks at 74 as well.

Jonteviosk

Heard BB was talking to Buddy Ryan about moving out here specially after that sb 20 Bears defense they even planned on a new recruiting video called the Hogtime shuffle.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Inhogswetrust

Maybe he does. How does anyone know where anyone else is willing to go until you ASK them. I've worked in 14 states and been in over half of them and there is only a small number of places I'd not be willing to move to for work. Especially if I were a coach knowing that it is a high turnover job.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Buff on January 07, 2017, 10:40:32 pm

Can he delete PEDJT's tweets also????

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 08, 2017, 07:35:42 am
Maybe he does. How does anyone know where anyone else is willing to go until you ASK them. I've worked in 14 states and been in over half of them and there is only a small number of places I'd not be willing to move to for work. Especially if I were a coach knowing that it is a high turnover job.

St Louis; Chicago; Philadelphia: Pittsburgh; D.C.; Houston; Dallas; Phoenix; Atlanta; Miami; L.A.; New Orleans; Memphis....don't mind visiting but living there that was a different story.

And New York is a totally different story.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: King Kong on January 07, 2017, 07:00:16 pm
When Hell freezes over

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/21/4756626/jen-vrabel-jen-bielema-twitter

My understanding is also he didn't like coaching in college
Yeah I think puts an end to Vrabel speculation. When mama ain't happy no one is happy.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

al_pigcino

What town YOU choose to live in has no bearing on an up and coming coordinator.  Just because the local HVAC repair man says Fayetteville is better than Boulder doesn't mean the 30 year old from New York believes so. 

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 09, 2017, 07:48:38 am
Why would he?

Under the current environment I would agree with you....

S.A.D.C

Quote from: Hogfan46 on January 07, 2017, 08:42:45 pm
Is this a joke? Do you seriously think this is a possibility? Wow.

Mike Vrabel could have his pick of DC, or maybe HC jobs in the NFL where he doesn't have to spend his available free time traveling to podunk high schools trying to convince 18yr olds to play for him.

Either a joke or drunk...hard to say.  Most people on here don't think much about how much more college coaches work than NFL coaches.  There is no offseason for college.  The quality of life is not even close to the same.  I know some people on here love to say this staff doesn't work hard.  I'm not trying to defend this staff on everything but I know for a fact that the issue isn't that they don't put in the hours. 

Sooie71923

This is how mutiny and dissent is spread.

The mindset that any coach anywhere would love to come to Arkansas, because you believe that Arkansas is the best place for him.

When reality hits you are mortified that a really good coach chose not to come to Arkansas just like really good players. Then the blame game starts.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on January 07, 2017, 08:33:36 pm

WooPig90

Hes gonna get a DC gig in the NFL if not a HC shot real soon

AirWarren

Quote from: al_pigcino on January 09, 2017, 06:59:36 am
What town YOU choose to live in has no bearing on an up and coming coordinator.  Just because the local HVAC repair man says Fayetteville is better than Boulder doesn't mean the 30 year old from New York believes so.

Exactly.

AirWarren

Quote from: Buff on January 07, 2017, 10:40:32 pm

99.9% of people need to delete their social media accounts.

Jonteviosk

Burt needs to follow Smith to Wake Forest he can be their garbage collecting coordinator.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Polecat

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 09, 2017, 11:24:30 am

Houston sports radio this morning reported Vrabel is getting an interview for Rams Head Coach. He likely won't get the job, but it is clear that his career path projects him to stay in NFL, not moving down to college
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

jackflash

if Smith is gone. Is BB  hurting recruiting by not naming a DC?

grayhawg

Quote from: jackflash on January 09, 2017, 11:50:46 am
Who knows but he never moves quickly when it comes to personnel changes.

ricepig

Smith isn't officially gone anywhere, so he can't name a replacement.

PorkSoda

he would need to hire a DC before he can name one...

chances are that wont happen until after the coaches conference.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

sickboy

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 09, 2017, 11:24:30 am

He's interviewing for the LA Rams job. He's definitely going to be a HC in the NFL soon.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: al_pigcino on January 09, 2017, 06:59:36 am

Exactly!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi