Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zorro and the Blue Footballs...a game day experience!

Started by hassettsportsman, September 28, 2017, 11:19:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hassettsportsman

There was a time when a Hog victory could be enhanced with a post game visit to the Swingin' Door or the Library to hear Zorro call the Hogs.  Those were epiphanous moments.  Equally enjoyable are the Cate Brothers.  Some things can't be duplicated!

Tejano Jawg

I see 3 great things in the OP—the Cate Bros, Zorro & the Blue Footballs (Windy, rest in peace), and a Hog victory.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

sigpooie

It's been awhile since I had the pleasure of listening to big balls in cowtown.., but one magical night we ran over to the basin in eureka and got to hang with little feet jamming till the sun came up. There was nothing corny going on then. And arkansas was looked at as one of the best places to party, in the world.  Sorry a bunch of you youth missed it. Sig.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

hobhog

Those were the days. Hogs and myself were bullet proof back then!

hobhog

Quote from: mrp on September 28, 2017, 11:23:05 pm
Some things are corny and way overrated.

I'm guessing you spent too much time in the wrong library.....

flynhog

I haven't thought of the Cates or Zorro in a long time!!
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

LJHOG

Quote from: mrp on September 28, 2017, 11:23:05 pm
Some things are corny and way overrated.
Not Zorro and the Blue Footballs at the Swingin' Door.  Great entertainment, cold beer and hot chicks ........... the staples of life.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hawgphat

I played piano for some gigs in the original "Library" watering hole on Dickson Street in the early 1970s during the Joe Ferguson era.  That was a quaint room.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Hankweb

And....
Windy and The Hot House Tomato Boys.  And Jed Clampit of course

IronMountainHog

(Looks around) Notices this thread is full of old hippies and exits quickly.

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on September 29, 2017, 05:43:26 pm
Windy was a hippy, not too many of them watching him at the Swinging Door. The Cats Bros or someone at the Rink, and plenty of blue lights on the way home, as mentioned above, bulletproof.......

PonderinHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on September 29, 2017, 05:43:26 pm
Reprobates...

Zorro was crazy.  Good music and a funny act, to put it mildly.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 29, 2017, 06:30:16 pm
Reprobates...

Zorro was crazy.  Good music and a funny act, to put it mildly.

Nothing better than a group of sorority girls sitting up front, Windy would absolutely make them get up and leave, or end up with one on the stage, it depended on how vile their mouth was.

PonderinHog

Girls, when you see a man wearing a diving mask, a snorkel, a jock strap and soft plastics...

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawgphat on September 29, 2017, 03:48:19 pm
I played piano for some gigs in the original "Library" watering hole on Dickson Street in the early 1970s during the Joe Ferguson era.  That was a quaint room.

You should introduce yourself to Hogcard.

Trottsky

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Boles Hog

hobhog

Quote from: Boles Hog on September 29, 2017, 10:27:11 pm
Jedd Clampitt

Saw him in Fayetteville 2 years ago at JJs. Couldn't believe still alive....

hassettsportsman

I still have Zorro's LP...yes baby HOGS...LP's still sound better!  You Tube can't bear witness.  As for the Cate's..such fine music....question...who was the female backup singer on Blues Motel from the album...Struck a Vein?  The Hogs must win today!  Go HOGS!