Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tubs to think about it

Started by bill55you, November 28, 2007, 08:54:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bill55you

The offer has been made to Sexton and passed on.  If he decides to go with it then they ask permission to speak with him and pretty much everything is done after that.  If Tubs wanted to finish everything with Auburn he would have today and don't you think if was not in the running for the job he would have came out by now and said that he was not in it?  Folks he is in it and just thinking about it right now.  He will hunt a little and talk a little.  We will see.  Stay tuned.

Auburn Sports reported and an arkansas source reported the same   3.5 million for 10 years now you would have to think about that right?

He is trying to get his buyout worked out that's really the problem but if Auburn wants him to leave it will happen.  Who does Auburn have lined up that may be the bigger question.  They have to have someone in the wing to keep the Aub nation going.  PETRINO? or Jimbo Fisher who knows. 

Hogcalla

Do you happen to have a source or link please?

bill55you

Go to auburnsports.com  it is the rival link saying the offer is out there.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: bill55you on November 28, 2007, 08:54:00 pm
The offer has been made to Sexton and passed on.  If he decides to go with it then they ask permission to speak with him and pretty much everything is done after that.  If Tubs wanted to finish everything with Auburn he would have today and don't you think if was not in the running for the job he would have came out by now and said that he was not in it?  Folks he is in it and just thinking about it right now.  He will hunt a little and talk a little.  We will see.  Stay tuned.

Auburn Sports reported and an arkansas source reported the same   3.5 million for 10 years now you would have to think about that right?

He is trying to get his buyout worked out that's really the problem but if Auburn wants him to leave it will happen.  Who does Auburn have lined up that may be the bigger question.  They have to have someone in the wing to keep the Aub nation going.  PETRINO? or Jimbo Fisher who knows. 

I have no doubt there is some truth in this.  But 10 years?  Seems like an awful lot.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hoggish1

November 28, 2007, 09:01:08 pm #4 Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 09:07:24 pm by Hoggish1

Auburn Sports reported and an arkansas source reported the same   3.5 million for 10 years now you would have to think about that right?

That's the one they tried to get several years back and they will move on him if TT bolts.  (Fisher to LSU)

bill55you

Mister_BS

So Frank finally would get TT ... just 10 years later than he wanted.

Wonder how much Frank influenced Long to go after Tubby...

;)

hogchic2001

Auburn Sports reported and an arkansas source reported the same   3.5 million for 10 years now you would have to think about that right?

i have been reading your posts and you have been saying a lot about TT.  What are our chances of getting him in your opinion?
Go HOGS Go!

bill55you

Saban got 8 years and 4 million

BigArkyintheRock

I think TT is a class guy. He would be a great hire. Just look at the success he has brought to Auburn over the years. His record over the last several years, especially his SEC road record, is amazing. One of the best. He is a proven winner. He knows the SEC. I'd be happy with him.

Maybe he would bring his DC with him, who btw, is a Broyles' Award finalist.
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

davis01

Signing anyone for 10 Years is crazy.

davis01

Hoggish1

Petrino is who the big booster wanted about three years ago. That's their man if TT bolts.

WBChogfan

Quote from: davis01 on November 28, 2007, 09:05:02 pm
Signing anyone for 10 Years is crazy.

Agreed.  If you can't get him for less than 10, go elsewhere.

AnthroHog

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on November 28, 2007, 09:03:30 pm
I think TT is a class guy. He would be a great hire. Just look at the success he has brought to Auburn over the years. His record over the last several years, especially his SEC road record, is amazing. One of the best. He is a proven winner. He knows the SEC. I'd be happy with him.

Maybe he would bring his DC with him, who btw, is a Broyles' Award finalist.

Yesterday, someone posted that Tubberville was expecting Muschamp to take a head coaching job this year and get Orgeron to replace him.  Don't know if that person had inside knowledge on Tubberville or if Orgeron would take it.

bill55you

Be honest with you I didn't think it would happen a couple of day ago but as the days go by and him not saying anything it sure is getting pretty weird.  The Texas A@M job he came out and said he was not in the running but has said nothing here yet.  And today not meeting with any administration makes me believe that they may have gone another direction.  It would be neat to see Tubs announced on the Sec Championship day and Arkansas would get all the pub.  Right now I feel stronger and as the days go by it's gets better.  75 percent and going up.

hogfanwp

I read somewhere that Petrino said no that he wanted at least 3yrs in the NFL to give it time.  Although we all know that is what NS said also.

Hoggish1

Quote from: AnthroHog on November 28, 2007, 09:07:20 pm
Yesterday, someone posted that Tubberville was expecting Muschamp to take a head coaching job this year and get Orgeron to replace him.  Don't know if that person had inside knowledge on Tubberville or if Orgeron would take it.

If Muschamp doesn't go somewhere how about room for both.  Orgeron is way too good a recruiter not to find a place for him.  WPS big time with him cherry pickin' down in Bengal land!

PioneerJack

If we get Tommy T....that will be just awesome...it couldn't get any better than that

jacksandbacks

This is just about the same thing that I posted but my post was moved to rumors. I was told they started talking after the Tennessee game and that the deal is for 7 years.

TitanTiger

Quote from: bill55you on November 28, 2007, 08:59:21 pm
Go to auburnsports.com  it is the rival link saying the offer is out there.

The Rivals link says Arkansas is considering giving him that offer, not that it's there and CTTs thinking about it.  It also says nothing about CTT trying to get the buyout worked out so he can go. 

He doesn't want to leave, Auburn doesn't want him to leave.  He wants more security and salary bumps for his assistants (multiyear deals), some facilities upgrades, an extension and slight raise for himself and more control over athletic department decisions as they pertain to football.  That stuff takes a while to work out.  And this is an annual duck hunting trip he goes on to Arkansas, not some special trip.

Baghdadhawg

Quote from: TitanTiger on November 28, 2007, 09:19:46 pm
The Rivals link says Arkansas is considering giving him that offer, not that it's there and CTTs thinking about it.  It also says nothing about CTT trying to get the buyout worked out so he can go. 

He doesn't want to leave, Auburn doesn't want him to leave.  He wants more security and salary bumps for his assistants (multiyear deals), some facilities upgrades, an extension and slight raise for himself and more control over athletic department decisions as they pertain to football.  That stuff takes a while to work out.  And this is an annual duck hunting trip he goes on to Arkansas, not some special trip.

Sounds like you're trying to convience yourself.

TitanTiger

Quote from: gberry1969 on November 28, 2007, 09:45:47 pm
Sounds like you're trying to convience yourself.

No.  Just doing a public service to quell the hysteria here.

Sonofahog

And lemme guess,  you go from here back to the Aubbie boards and make fun of the crazy fans on Hogville claiming about a done deal.  I don't blame you if you do,  but neither one of us needs to count our chickens before they hatch.

Nutt
Nutt
Nutt

Sorry
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Hog-I

There is never an official offer unless the administration knows there will be an acceptance.  This was probably proposed to Sexton to relay to TT.  No need to make an official offer and embarass ourselves publicly if we get turned down.

It's kind of the way Nebraska got away with saying that they never offered Nutt a few years back.  The plane was here for him to get on, but there was no official offer.  It just a technical way to save face.

lazyj70

Why are you trolling our board?? Worried??  You must not be so sure he is staying or you wouldn't be here.  Good luck Tiger!

destinflhog

Maybe there are two negotiations going on to exploit the "loophole" in TT's contract.  In fact, maybe the "loophole" would be that Auburn would not require the buyout if Petrino would accept the Auburn job.

Maybe TT and BP are doing some thinking right now.

TitanTiger

Quote from: lazyj70 on November 28, 2007, 09:52:33 pm
Why are you trolling our board?? Worried??  You must not be so sure he is staying or you wouldn't be here.  Good luck Tiger!

Trolling?  I've been respectful.  Not downing your program (I wouldn't anyway.  I think you have a great program.)  I came over here reading stuff after the whole Nutt thing went down and to see who you were gonna go after and all this CTT stuff went bonkers all over the place.

He's staying.  Good luck on your search.

TitanTiger

Quote from: stillahog on November 28, 2007, 09:49:59 pm
And lemme guess,  you go from here back to the Aubbie boards and make fun of the crazy fans on Hogville claiming about a done deal.  I don't blame you if you do,  but neither one of us needs to count our chickens before they hatch.

Nutt(The coach who was FIRED)

Sorry

Um, no.  I have nothing against Hogville.  I reserve that kind of stuff for dumb bammers.  But CTT will be in Auburn next year and you will have some other excellent choice in place.

Dbl D

He's playing us again.

He beats bama and want them to give Sabin money.

Sexton is a whore.

mossfan33

I think he would keep reggie as DC..... like i said earlier, Reggie did send his own son to auburn to play for TT
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

Dbl D

TT's playing us again.

Sexton is a whore.

hogrider

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!Tuuuuuuuuuub!!!!!!!!!!

Dbl D

He's playing us again.

Sexton is a whore.

jpounders

Exactly, he's just duck hunting like he does every year.  He's not coming, face it.  Geez.  I'm guessing Charlie Strong is our best bet.

jpounders

Exactly, he's just duck hunting like he does every year.  He's not coming, face it.  Geez.  I'm guessing Charlie Strong is our best bet.

hogchic2001

Quote from: TitanTiger on November 28, 2007, 09:56:11 pm
Trolling?  I've been respectful.  Not downing your program (I wouldn't anyway.  I think you have a great program.)  I came over here reading stuff after the whole Nutt(The coach who was FIRED) thing went down and to see who you were gonna go after and all this CTT stuff went bonkers all over the place.

He's staying.  Good luck on your search.
Welcome to the board.   I do hope that we can land a deal with CTT, but I am not holding my breath.  Just out of curiosity, what if you guys do have a vacancy..who would be at the top of your list?
Go HOGS Go!

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

sonicbob

source tells me we have people or person in Bama now visiting.  Not Jeff Long.  Just got this info. 20 minutes ago.

BigArkyintheRock

Sounds to me like somethnig is in the works to bring TT to Arkansas.
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

lazyj70

Quote from: TitanTiger on November 28, 2007, 09:57:19 pm
Um, no.  I have nothing against Hogville.  I reserve that kind of stuff for dumb bammers.  But CTT will be in Auburn next year and you will have some other excellent choice in place.

Thanks for your kind words, but we prefer Tubby.

sonicbob

Source said Bama, but could be Stuttgart before the duck hunt

East Clintwood

He's not coming.  He's just using us to get a better deal from Auburn.

Most of you should step back a little bit and realize that it's not that easy to get someone that's happy with their job and is making enough money to be set for life many times over, to disrupt their  and their families life by picking up and moving off to another state. 
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

Most of you should step back a little bit and realize that it's not that easy to get someone that's happy with their job and is making enough money to be set for life many times over, to disrupt their  and their families life by picking up and moving off to another state. 

East Clintwood

hogchic2001

Quote from: sonicbob on November 28, 2007, 10:09:44 pm
source tells me we have people or person in Bama now visiting.  Not Jeff Long.  Just got this info. 20 minutes ago.
Well, how confident is your source that we could actually land him?
Go HOGS Go!

crantree

TT would be great for the program. I really hope this is true.

hogchic2001

Quote from: sonicbob on November 28, 2007, 10:09:44 pm
Well, how confident is your source that TT will be our next coach?
Go HOGS Go!

crantree

East Clintwood