Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuberville talking it over! Auburn Rivals front page (3.5 for 10 years)

Started by bill55you, November 28, 2007, 07:08:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wooo

ToddW

Well maybe the good old boys down there will be all, come home Tubby and fix this stuff.  Surely he would be the one to unite the state.  Hell, when we were playing Auburn they were talking all about how Tubby was from Arkansas and how all his family is here.  Being away from the state is hard, especially when all you family is there.  I know it is for me.
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

hotdog hog

TT IS NOT COMING TO UA!!!!  HE IS MILKING AUBURN FOR $$$$$.  LEACH IS NOT COMING TO UA EITHER.  TOO MANY OPENINGS AT BETTER AREAS FOR RECRUITING.  WE SHOULD GO AHEAD AND MAKE TODD GRAHAM AT TULSA THE COACH NOW INSTEAD OF WAITING TILL EVERYONE TURNS US DOWN AND THEN LOOKING LIKE WE HAD TO TAKE WHAT WE COULD GET.  OF COURSE WE COULD PONY UP ANOTHER 90 GRAND AND GO THAT ROUTE AGAIN.  GRAHAM IS GOING TO BE THE MAN, WATCH AND SEE. GUS CAN COME BACK TO OC IF HE DOESNT STAY AT TULSA.  MIGHT HAVE TO BE A PACKAGE DEAL.LOL  

TitanTiger

Quote from: wooo on November 28, 2007, 09:03:29 pm
who has offered 3.5mil x 10 years?

Ark or Aub?
Arkansas is supposedly willing to offer that, but the $6 million buyout is a dealbreaker and Auburn isn't going to reduce or waive it for anyone.

TitanTiger

Quote from: hotdog hog on November 28, 2007, 09:10:44 pm
TT IS NOT COMING TO UA!!!!  HE IS MILKING AUBURN FOR $$$$$.  LEACH IS NOT COMING TO UA EITHER.  TOO MANY OPENINGS AT BETTER AREAS FOR RECRUITING.  WE SHOULD GO AHEAD AND MAKE TODD GRAHAM AT TULSA THE COACH NOW INSTEAD OF WAITING TILL EVERYONE TURNS US DOWN AND THEN LOOKING LIKE WE HAD TO TAKE WHAT WE COULD GET.  OF COURSE WE COULD PONY UP ANOTHER 90 GRAND AND GO THAT ROUTE AGAIN.  GRAHAM IS GOING TO BE THE MAN, WATCH AND SEE. GUS CAN COME BACK TO OC IF HE DOESNT STAY AT TULSA.  MIGHT HAVE TO BE A PACKAGE DEAL.LOL   

You're not getting CTT, but I don't see why you can't get Kiffin, Leach or some other good coach like that.  Arkansas is an attractive job.

Slacker

QuoteSigned in 2005, Tuberville's deal includes a $6 million buyout for prospective suitors, a clause Jacobs said Saturday night he believed to be "ironclad.''

This from ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3131901

So, We owe HDN $3.5 mil to take the job at Ole Miss, we give Aubie $6 Mil to get TT, then outbid them to get him...

AINT HAPPENING!!!

Sivad

Quote from: bill55you on November 28, 2007, 07:38:13 pm
Tuberville is duck hunting for 2 days with some arkansas boys and then heading to New York for the college football hall of fame.  

Tubs is not going duck hunting.

He will be deer hunting.

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: Slow Moses on November 28, 2007, 08:32:02 pm
Just an wondering: I was under the impression that Tuberville did not want the job here 10 years ago. 

Your impression was completely incorrect.

playboy

Quote from: TitanTiger on November 28, 2007, 09:11:36 pm
Arkansas is supposedly willing to offer that, but the $6 million buyout is a dealbreaker and Auburn isn't going to reduce or waive it for anyone.

if he wants to leave, they better [CENSORED] lower it.  otherwise, you'll have a coach that doesn't want to be there.

Hoggish1

Quote from: SherriM122 on November 28, 2007, 07:17:36 pm
I heard that part of what TT is wanting is full control of the football program -- anyone else heard anything like this???  Can't say I'm surprised he would want that.

Gotta give it to him, don't ya think?  With White still there (until they fire him) that only makes sense.  Maybe TT will make White being fired a condition of employment.

Slacker

Quote from: ThisLittlePiggie on November 28, 2007, 09:16:16 pm
Your impression was completely incorrect.

ThisLittlePiggie is CORRECT. TT Did want the job here. We went to bed thinking TT was our next coach, only to wake up, read the paper to find out Lindsey made a late push for Nutt. The Dork came storming in.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Spiral_cut on November 28, 2007, 07:28:05 pm
If we have the $$$ let's do it. It would show the country we are SERIOUS about sucess (it would convey the
dsme message to recruits)...

I like your thinkin'.

razorbrass

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on November 28, 2007, 07:33:30 pm
If Tuberville is down here duck hunting around some good ole' boys, it will be tough for him not to want to come back home.  I like the fact he is here right now and going to new york right afterwards.

It seems to me we contacted him in New York the first time we should have hired him.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

TitanTiger

Quote from: playboy on November 28, 2007, 09:17:07 pm

if he wants to leave, they better Franking lower it.  otherwise, you'll have a coach that doesn't want to be there.

There's your problem:  He doesn't want to leave.  The thing is, that buyout is as much security for CTT as it is for Auburn.  Even if he goes 0-12 next year and Auburn wanted to fire him, he gets $6 million on top of how ever many years are left on his contract at $2.8 million per year (it currently runs through 2011).  That means Auburn won't be tossing him out on a whim either leaving him high and dry.

JustoHogFan

Quote from: razorbrass on November 28, 2007, 09:21:34 pm
It seems to me we contacted him in New York the first time we should have hired him.

It seems you would be correct........ if only Frank hadn got pissed that he would not interview for the job cuz he was in NY.

We really Frankd that hire up.........

razorbrass

Quote from: TitanTiger on November 28, 2007, 09:23:34 pm
There's your problem:  He doesn't want to leave.  The thing is, that buyout is as much security for CTT as it is for Auburn.  Even if he goes 0-12 next year and Auburn wanted to fire him, he gets $6 million on top of how ever many years are left on his contract at $2.8 million per year (it currently runs through 2011).  That means Auburn won't be tossing him out on a whim either leaving him high and dry.

Hey maybe the Auburn president will pay him his six million dollar buyout to come to Arkansas and compete against them for the next ten years
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

TitanTiger

Quote from: razorbrass on November 28, 2007, 09:26:40 pm
Hey maybe the Auburn president will pay him his six million dollar buyout to come to Arkansas and compete against them for the next ten years

That's the ticket.

NoMoreNutt

I want Lane Kiffin but if they are able to get Tommy Tuberville. I'm all for it!
"Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig!"- Al Swearengen

razorbrass

Quote from: TitanTiger on November 28, 2007, 09:27:53 pm
That's the ticket.

No, really!  I heard there was this president who was so concerned about the well being of his coach that even though that coach resigned he still payed him his buyout.  Wasn't that thoughtful.  I think he may start a new trend in management.  Who says Arkansas isn't on the cutting edge.

Hawgon

Quote from: TitanTiger on November 28, 2007, 09:27:53 pm
That's the ticket.

J
Quote from: TitanTiger on November 28, 2007, 09:23:34 pm

If the thought of that expensive buyout makes you feel secure and gives you a warm and fuzzy, just think about all those loyal cowboys fans shelling out their money to support America's team.  Buyout!?  I fart in the general direction of your piddling security blanket.

TitanTiger

Quote from: Hawgon on November 28, 2007, 09:36:30 pm
J
If the thought of that expensive buyout makes you feel secure and gives you a warm and fuzzy, just think about all those loyal cowboys fans shelling out their money to support America's team.  Buyout!?  I fart in the general direction of your piddling security blanket.
Whatever that means.

All I'm saying is, your beloved institution of higher learning isn't going to pay your former coach $3.5M to leave, then shell out another $6M to buyout CTT and give him a 10-year, $35M deal to boot.

HAWGS

They said on the radio show down in Birmingham today that Tubervilles buyout was a "sliding" figure that was around $4mil right now, not $6mil that keeps getting thrown around.
Wooooo Pig Soooie!

TitanTiger

Quote from: HAWGS on November 28, 2007, 09:47:23 pm
They said on the radio show down in Birmingham today that Tubervilles buyout was a "sliding" figure that was around $4mil right now, not $6mil that keeps getting thrown around.
It was $4M last year.  It's up to $6M this year.  The radio show is misinformed.

HAWGS

I didnt know, some bald headed guy that started with an L, dont remember his name.
Wooooo Pig Soooie!

TitanTiger

Lots of FUD being spread around.  I think you guys are leverage.  Not that Arkansas isn't an attractive job with a great fanbase.  He's just happy where he is, returns 18 starters for next year with a good recruiting class coming in, he and his assistants are one year from being vested in the AL Retirement System.  He's got it good.

HAWGS

I agree, but he is from Arkansas, knows the expectations in the short go of it (next 2 years or so) would be lower here, and I dont believe for a second that hes forgotten or forgiven the whole Petrino scandal from a couple years back.  Ive got family down in Alabama, big Auburn fans, and they were a little worried.  Thats all Im saying.
Wooooo Pig Soooie!

AnthroHog

Quote from: TitanTiger on November 28, 2007, 09:53:39 pm
Lots of FUD being spread around.  I think you guys are leverage.  Not that Arkansas isn't an attractive job with a great fanbase.  He's just happy where he is, returns 18 starters for next year with a good recruiting class coming in, he and his assistants are one year from being vested in the AL Retirement System.  He's got it good.

Just curious, a large portion of our fanbase was happy to get our former coach out the door.  What are the feelings of the Auburn fanbase towards Tubberville?  Will they be happy to see him leave or upset that he is going?

Hawgon

Quote from: TitanTiger on November 28, 2007, 09:45:25 pm
Whatever that means.

All I'm saying is, your beloved institution of higher learning isn't going to pay your former coach $3.5M to leave, then shell out another $6M to buyout CTT and give him a 10-year, $35M deal to boot.

It means that "my beloved institution of higher learning" won't have to shell out $6 mil..  We'll leave that chore to all those loyal Dallas Cowboy fans.

hogchic2001

Quote from: TitanTiger on November 28, 2007, 09:12:38 pm
You're not getting CTT, but I don't see why you can't get Kiffin, Leach or some other good coach like that.  Arkansas is an attractive job.
So why hasn't CTT flat out taken his name out of the hat for the Arkansas job if he wasn't interested?
Go HOGS Go!

HAWGS

Indeed, my family down there which are very...demanding...of their support of Auburn, dont want him to go.
Wooooo Pig Soooie!

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hirebutchdavis

Quote from: hogchic2001 on November 28, 2007, 09:59:46 pm
So why hasn't CTT flat out taken his name out of the hat for the Arkansas job if he wasn't interested?

Tuberville is waiting over the weekend to see if Michigan goes after Miles.  There is plenty of money in those hills to get the six million if that's what the university wanted.  6 million is chump change to Tyson, George, Lindsey, Hunt, Walker, Waltons, and Stephens.  Make a donation to the razorback foundation and write it off your taxes.

TitanTiger

Quote from: hogchic2001 on November 28, 2007, 09:59:46 pm
If you were at the negotiating table with someone, why wouldn't you allow them to know you're a wanted commodity on the open market?  It's called being smart.  Doesn't mean you're interested.

Bama Possum

Even if Tuberville did want to go to Arkansas, I don't see Auburn coming off of his buyout by one penny. The last thing Auburn wants right now is to be holding the bag and trying to hire another coach in the middle of the coaching nightmare that is occurring this season.

That big buyout is protecting them as well right now.

Hawgon

Quote from: Bama Possum on November 28, 2007, 11:23:39 pm
Even if Tuberville did want to go to Arkansas, I don't see Auburn coming off of his buyout by one penny. The last thing Auburn wants right now is to be holding the bag and trying to hire another coach in the middle of the coaching nightmare that is occurring this season.

That big buyout is protecting them as well right now.

Six million is nothing if he wants to come here.  It is literally pocket change to the guys who are going to foot it.

midnighthog

I was told earlier this week that Long had spoken with Petrino about the job and that Petrino told Long he really wanted to wait on the Auburn job if he was going back to college.  So long has been working a deal in a three way trade for TT to come to Arkansas and Petrino to go to Auburn and thus make everyone happy and reduce TT's buyout.  I thought that we would end up getting petrino but if this works out I can live with it.

pipehog

CallThemHawgs!

FootballHog

pipehog

I don't think tt would be an improvement, he does take some risk

FootballHog

Quote from: pipehog on November 28, 2007, 11:57:52 pm
I don't think tt would be an improvement, he does take some risk

TT-48-18 in the SEC since 2000

Nutt- 42-40 in the SEC overall.