Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuberville talking it over! Auburn Rivals front page (3.5 for 10 years)

Started by bill55you, November 28, 2007, 07:08:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bill55you

www.auburnsports.com

3.5 for 10 years!!!

New Story just broke!

hogtrack776

What does the stry say about our chances to get the coach?? :-\

badbrad

bill55you

Is there anyway I can copy and paste for everyone to read?  Says arkansas is offering 3.5 for 10 years but the buyout is the problem right now but they are working on it.

HawgBallLvr

2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: bill55you on November 28, 2007, 07:14:31 pm
Is there anyway I can copy and paste for everyone to read?  Says arkansas is offering 3.5 for 10 years but the buyout is the problem right now but they are working on it.

Copy and paste = copyright infringement

Show him the money!!!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

SherriM122

I heard that part of what TT is wanting is full control of the football program -- anyone else heard anything like this???  Can't say I'm surprised he would want that.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: bill55you on November 28, 2007, 07:14:31 pm
Is there anyway I can copy and paste for everyone to read?  Says arkansas is offering 3.5 for 10 years but the buyout is the problem right now but they are working on it.

With this kind of coin he could pay the buyout himself and still average 2.9 per year, or we could just pay it up front and then just pay him 2.9.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

TX HOG

MrsPiggy

ok, ESPN is reporting that TT and Auburn have agreed to an extension?  The story was dated today at 5:53

TX HOG

hog_co-pilot

Where is the link to the ESPN story?  The only story about Tubberville I saw on ESPN stated that he agreed in principle to a contract extension to stay at Auburn.  I would love for him to come to Arkansas.
Woo Pig Sooie!

hogsanity

Quote from: Karma on November 28, 2007, 07:16:46 pm
10 years? Seems highly unlikely.

Seems very likely when you are asking someone to leave the gig he currently has.  You have to remember, when Saban got 4mil, everyone's price went up.  Dont believe me, what did you know who just get at ole misses?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RazorNick

Quote from: hogsanity on November 28, 2007, 07:21:37 pm
Seems very likely when you are asking someone to leave the gig he currently has.  You have to remember, when Saban got 4mil, everyone's price went up.  Dont believe me, what did you know who just get at ole misses?

How much did the coach who was fired get at Ole Miss?

jpounders

ESPN is reporting an extension, but they did not meet b/c they have issues to iron out.  I'm not a rumormill kind of guy...not saying he's coming to AR (personally I don't think he will)..but he has not signed it yet.

carlspackler

Yeah, the ESPN story has a deceptive headline.  If you read the story, it is much more up in the air than the title implies.

Brand X Hog Fan

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Hawgon

Ignore the ESPN story it is a reprint from the story that appeared in the Alabama newspapers last night.  A lot has happened since then.  For one thing, Tuberville didn't show up to meet with the Auburn AD today.

RazorNick

FL_Hog_Fan

The ESPN story is old.  Maybe not on ESPN, but the news is old.  What it says, basically, is that if they agree to a new contract, it will be for 7 years.  Nothing more.  Not saying he is coming.  What does the article say on rivals?
What were we arguing about anyway?

hogfanwp

Brand X Hog Fan

hoglady

Do ya'll think he's worth that kind of money?
He's had it pretty good recruiting wise, since the Alabama program's been down.
Some are saying Saban is killing him this year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Spiral_cut

If we have the $$$ let's do it. It would show the country we are SERIOUS about sucess (it would convey the
dsme message to recruits)...

hogfanwp

Any time table when we are suppose to know, or when/if this is going down?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

FL_Hog_Fan

What were we arguing about anyway?

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: hoglady on November 28, 2007, 07:27:36 pm
Do ya'll think he's worth that kind of money?
He's had it pretty good recruiting wise, since the Alabama program's been down.
Some are saying Saban is killing him this year.

HE got Kody Burns . . .

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: hogsanity on November 28, 2007, 07:21:37 pm
He got 4 years at OM with a promise of a 1 yr roll over. That's not 10 years.

SherriM122

November 28, 2007

Tuberville, Auburn in holding pattern

Bryan Matthews
AuburnSports.com

Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville and athletic director Jay Jacobs did not meet Wednesday after a full day of meetings on Tuesday failed to reach a settlement. Get the latest on the contract talks inside including the potential hang-up and a possible offer from Arkansas.

...More... (To continue reading this article you must be a subscriber.)

jpounders

You can't read the full article but it confirms that they havent agreed to the contract yet.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

ched come back pls

U.P. HOGG

If Tuberville is down here duck hunting around some good ole' boys, it will be tough for him not to want to come back home.  I like the fact he is here right now and going to new york right afterwards.

Porkette

It seems like it's pretty much confirmed Arkansas has definitely been pursuing him. Then it becomes, is he really interested or are we being used (again)?
GO HOGS GO!

bill55you

Tuberville is duck hunting for 2 days with some arkansas boys and then heading to New York for the college football hall of fame.  Remember 10 years ago someone named Frank flew to talk with tubs there when he was at Ole Miss.  Will someone please get the ducks when he shoots them.  Thanks

kneecap10

Tuberville aint comin guys....Get used to it...Will not happen. He is using us to get what he wants at Auburn...Evidently word is out that it's pretty easy to use Arkansas it get what you want.

VRaptor

Quote from: kneecap10 on November 28, 2007, 07:48:25 pm
Tuberville aint comin guys....Get used to it...Will not happen. He is using us to get what he wants at Auburn...Evidently word is out that it's pretty easy to use Arkansas it get what you want.

Yep :)

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: SherriM122 on November 28, 2007, 07:17:36 pm
I heard that part of what TT is wanting is full control of the football program -- anyone else heard anything like this???  Can't say I'm surprised he would want that.

Oh, my gosh, GIVE HIM CONTROL and save us from John White!

Slow Moses

Just an wondering: I was under the impression that Tuberville did not want the job here 10 years ago.  Even if that is not true why would he leave Auburn (who I think might have the winningest record in the SEC the last 5 years).  Some say he does not have job security there, but he is the only Auburn coach to ever win 6 straight against Alabama (which is huge).  Has anyone thought about Al Borges?  He did a great job at Louisville and at Auburn. 

TitanTiger

More control over the athletic department at Auburn on football matters is what the article says.  It's one of the things they're haggling over.

Hog-I

Where did the 3.5 million for 10 years come from?  Did I miss something?

SkunkyMunky

"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer