Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All discussion of the Ole Miss coach for Thursday [don't start a new thread about him]

Started by ProfusionalHog, November 28, 2007, 11:40:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfusionalHog

I am looking for an Ole Miss message board.

I can't find one anywhere that is worthy of my lurking...

Thanks for any help! 
:razorback:

pignparadise

Quote from: ProfusionalHog on November 28, 2007, 11:40:04 am

Thanks for any help! 
No but give it three years of Nutt ball and there will be
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

ProfusionalHog

Quote from: pignparadise on November 28, 2007, 11:41:06 am

No but give it three years of Nutt ball and there will be

That's funny... they will definitely need a place to air their thoughts!! 

I find it hard to believe they have nothing at the moment...

Grag T

Quote from: ProfusionalHog on November 28, 2007, 11:44:02 am
That's funny... they will definitely need a place to air their thoughts!! 

I find it hard to believe they have nothing at the moment...

Maybe Mississippi doesn't have those dang internets yet...
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

playboy

Quote from: ProfusionalHog on November 28, 2007, 11:40:04 am

Thanks for any help! 

the best one is...

www.rebelfaithful.com

ARF

Quote from: Polecat on November 20, 2011, 09:29:39 am
I'm satisfied that we're potentially one win away from the BCS title game while Nutt's opponents have to take a knee in the red zone to keep from running up the score. That tells us all we need to know

~W88PIGS88IE~

Mrsherm

lol....it may not take 3 yrs for there to be one.

On the buzz y/d a guy said his miss source said their chancellor and ad were dead set against firing coach O, also said that Archie Manning was the big broker of the whole HDN deal. The main thing from the chancellor and ad was that IF they brought in a new coach they did not want one with baggage. HELLO, HDN had to hire an Allied Moving Company 18 wheeler truck n trailer to carry his to Oxford.

Drama in the grove and he hasn't even picked up that blue helment. LOL

ARF

Quote from: Polecat on November 20, 2011, 09:29:39 am
I'm satisfied that we're potentially one win away from the BCS title game while Nutt's opponents have to take a knee in the red zone to keep from running up the score. That tells us all we need to know

~W88PIGS88IE~

hogsanity

being so close to LR and eastern Ar.  If he is so bad, why should anyone care where he coaches?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

havok

In the Head Coaching Job.. I am hoping we get a CEO type who has the ability to sell the program.  A guy who will accumulate an excellent combination of Coordinators, Possition coaches that are a mixture of Recruiters, talent evaluators, and those who have solid skills at developing players.

We focus so much on a Head Coach and X's and O's, that we need to ensure we don't hire a head coach who is a Dud, who can't find and bring in great assistant coaches...the ones who will be on the front line of recruiting.

saywhat?

Quote from: hogsanity on November 29, 2007, 10:17:09 am
being so close to LR and eastern Ar.  If he is so bad, why should anyone care where he coaches?

It appears from your posts and my posts that we agree on a lot of things.  You're always on an even keel and I respect that so my question is what is your opinion of HDN?  Straight up no b.s.

saywhat?

Quote from: havok on November 29, 2007, 10:20:55 am
In the Head Coaching Job.. I am hoping we get a CEO type who has the ability to sell the program.  A guy who will accumulate an excellent combination of Coordinators, Possition coaches that are a mixture of Recruiters, talent evaluators, and those who have solid skills at developing players.

We focus so much on a Head Coach and X's and O's, that we need to ensure we don't hire a head coach who is a Dud, who can't find and bring in great assistant coaches...the ones who will be on the front line of recruiting.

Great leaders surround themselves with great people and let them do their job.  HDN's downfall was not letting them do their job. 

Hog Scratch Fever

I don't.  I know there were a few posts about it, but if we get the right coach in, it won't matter anyway.  Every coach has to deal with competition.  Nutt.  (I just wanted to use the auto statement)
"It got a little nippy through the pass!"

BentonHog

I'm tired of reading about a coach that is no longer here in Arkansas. 
"Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."             --Calvin Coolidge

31to6

Not me. He carries huge baggage. And if he could not secure the top talent as the coach of the team every Arkansas high school kid loves, why would people think he will be much of a threat as the coach for a third-rate program.

I'd be much more worried if Ole Miss had hired a good coach.

budcampbellfan

I'm glad to have nut(the coach who was fired) there instead of better competition.  He's the same old guy(the coach who was fired).  He(the coach who was fired) ain't gonna change.  I think we can recruit Mississippi much better than we have been now if we get the right coach.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

hogsanity

Quote from: saywhat? on November 29, 2007, 10:21:45 am
It appears from your posts and my posts that we agree on a lot of things.  You're always on an even keel and I respect that so my question is what is your opinion of HDN?  Straight up no b.s.

He is a decent coach.  I think he was "handcuffed" sometime during the 2000 season by JFB.  Look at his offense at Boise and Murray ST, and hist first 2 seasons here.  At some point, imo, jfb told him to run the ball.  At that time he did not have enough clout to say no, so he went along with it. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogrider

" Them damn Hogvillians had to go and ruin everything."

chortle

Quote from: Porkem Yung on November 29, 2007, 10:29:32 am

Please don't flick a booger on me. Please don't flick a booger on me. Please don't flick a booger on me.

hogrider

OnYourToes

:fart sound:

Sorry, just had to leave one last stinker for you Frank.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Barman91

Quote from: Porkem Yung on November 29, 2007, 10:29:32 am

JFB:  My Depends is full...wish John would shut the hell up
HDN:  Ok, let me think......can Donna catch a direct flight to Oxford....or should I fly her into Memphis? 

Southpointhog

I live in Olive Branch, MS and It is like the Pope or Pres. has come to town.  In the Gym and even at the grocery store, all I have heard is that Ole Piss is going to win the SEC and be a power in the SEC.  MY father in law is in the OLe MIss sports Hall of Fame and he acts like this is the best thing to happen in his life.

The radio stations are just rediculous.  I remember ALOT of OLE PISS people giving me HELL when USC waxed us and during those losing season.   WHAT THE HE## is going on.  THE GUY WAS A LAME DUCK COACH UNTIL THE LSU GAME!!!!!!

I threw a shoe at my new flat screen when I had to watch his press conference 100x's during the local news.

Just makes me sick...NUTTY is a pathetic used car salesmen.

Any comments?!?!?!?

69_Shootout_Fan

Just Curious, you Click on Add your Comments at the RazorStabintheback aka,, Razorbackfoundation.com and it takes you "Hyperlink" to Hogwired.com, You end up at Hogwired.com, and Their is NO WORD, NOT EVEN A MENTION OF HDN being the Head Goober at Ole Miss????? The site is updated, because it gives the Arkansas - Missouri BB Game stats,etc. RazorbackFoundation and Hogwired Just DONT want to Admit when they are Wrong!

Another Example of the Current Dictatorship !!

WhenPigsFly

I don't think Nutter EVER had the clout, or whatever else it took, to say no to JFB.  That's why he lasted as long as he did!

Pigdiana Jones

Honestly and just my thoughts, why should they care about what the ex-coach does now that he's not at UA?

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

BigDeal

I see a lot of renewed excitement as I live amongst Ole miss fans , being just a little north of Hacks Cross from you. The Wild Nut* offense may just be the next "big" thing in college football.

smoked hog

He is just what they need right now. Someone who can win with other peoples talent and bring them into being average. Were tired of it but lets face it our teams are vastly superior to what they have now. Right now its a win win situation for both of us.

hogmichael

Quote from: OBHOG on November 29, 2007, 10:38:54 am
I threw a shoe at my new flat screen when I had to watch his press conference 100x's during the local news.
Don't allow him to do this to you, he's not our problem anymore, we are free!

saywhat?

Quote from: hogsanity on November 29, 2007, 10:34:39 am
He is a decent coach.  I think he was "handcuffed" sometime during the 2000 season by JFB.  Look at his offense at Boise and Murray ST, and hist first 2 seasons here.  At some point, imo, jfb told him to run the ball.  At that time he did not have enough clout to say no, so he went along with it. 

I don't agree with you on the decent coach thing.  One only needs to look at the last minute of the LSU game to sum up his career.  I think you may be right about being handcuffed but I think that once it worked well enough to get him a few wins he didn't know how to get out of it, which once again comes back to the fact that he's not a good coach.  A good coach would have a better passing scheme than what Nutt had, whether you want to pass it or not.  A good coach would allow his OC to do his job.

jpenrod1

Hogwired, is the UofA news website. why would they give Ole Miss news?

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Polamalufan

Houston:  "I hope Gus and the boys don't start talking"

JFB:  "Don't worry Houston,  they don't have the guts to really get rid of us.  They are bluffing."

hogrider

Quote from: Hogapalooza on November 29, 2007, 10:42:03 am
Why does that suprise you?
1. It is Miss.
2. We have owned them both for the last few years, of course they are happy to get a guy that has beat them.
3. They are Miss.
4. They did not Win 1 SEC game this year.  Mediocre is an upgrade!
5. Did I say it was Miss?
6. We want National titles!  They want SEC Western Bling!  They got their coach for that!
7. THEY ARE MISS!

+1 if I could.

SexyBeast77

Nutt couldn't recruit Arkansas kids when he was in Arkansas. Being the coach of Mississipipi isn't going to make him more appealing. No good QB or WR wants to play for him. No good player wants to play for him. His Elementary School Offense
won't win the conference, get to a BCS Bowl, or win a NC.   It was like that at Arkansas and it is at Ole Miss.  Recruits
see thru Dale the Retard for the joke that he is.

Jowls

Quote from: BigDeal on November 29, 2007, 10:41:51 am
I see a lot of renewed excitement as I live amongst Ole miss fans , being just a little north of Hacks Cross from you. The Wild Nut* offense may just be the next "big" thing in college football.

Tool.  :puke:
I.D.I.C.

hogsanity

MamaHogFan

My hubby was checking out one of the OM boards last night and one of the fans said that the Arkansas fans are so crazy that they will probably have a flyover with a banner during their first game!HAHAHAHAHAHA

RzrbkJohn

WHY would they comment on Nutt or any coach taking a job anywhere?

Nutt is in the history books. 

Let it go.

hogsanity

Quote from: saywhat? on November 29, 2007, 10:42:24 am
I don't agree with you on the decent coach thing.  One only needs to look at the last minute of the LSU game to sum up his career.  I think you may be right about being handcuffed but I think that once it worked well enough to get him a few wins he didn't know how to get out of it, which once again comes back to the fact that he's not a good coach.  A good coach would have a better passing scheme than what Nutt(The coach who was FIRED) had, whether you want to pass it or not.  A good coach would allow his OC to do his job.

Well, once he started recruiting for that type of offense, it was kind of a spiral.  Throw in a couple Qb busts and he was stuck with good offensive lines and running backs.  Time will tell what he does at OM.  He does have a good Qb in Snead. 

nohuddle

I wonder how i will spend that 5.5 million i took from you guys this year?

SexyBeast77

"Hootie, You can still Text me, Love Donna."

I really feel sorry for Ole Miss. It's like we sold them a trojan horse. It's like you gave your buddy your
girlfriend without telling him she has herpes. Dale the Retard is the Herpes of College Athletics!

RiteRev

No worries about that at all.  Just wish you and Big Deal would have went with him!

razorbrass

Quote from: OBHOG on November 29, 2007, 10:38:54 am
I live in Olive Branch, MS and It is like the Pope or Pres. has come to town.  In the Gym and even at the grocery store, all I have heard is that Ole Piss is going to win the SEC and be a power in the SEC.  MY father in law is in the OLe MIss sports Hall of Fame and he acts like this is the best thing to happen in his life.

The radio stations are just rediculous.  I remember ALOT of OLE PISS people giving me HELL when USC waxed us and during those losing season.   WHAT THE HE## is going on.  THE GUY WAS A LAME DUCK COACH UNTIL THE LSU GAME!!!!!!

Just makes me sick...Nutt(The coach who was FIRED)Y is a pathetic used car salesmen.

Any comments?!?!?!?

If he can't win a conference championship at Arkansas how the hell do those people in Mississippi think he is going to do it there.  I tell you what is going to happen and don't think that snake oil saleman didn't already think of this.  Ole Miss is stocked with talent Orgeron brought in.  Nutt goes 4-4 in the conference next year and wins 8 games and people will think he is a miracle worker.  He will use the talent there make it look like he is a genius and then move onto a bigger program.  This is just a stop not a destination for Nutt.  He will either move onto a bigger job or be out of coaching in three years.  My money is on out of coaching.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

jb11

Quote from: chortle on November 29, 2007, 10:36:15 am

Please don't flick a booger on me. Please don't flick a booger on me. Please don't flick a booger on me.

That is funny!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: RiteRev on November 29, 2007, 10:49:34 am
No worries about that at all.  Just wish you and Big Deal would have went with him!

Why, dont you like differeing opinons, or do you think everyone should agree on everything?