Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mike Leach reported to be the new head coach.

Started by tahlahog, November 28, 2007, 11:06:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tahlahog

Espn coaches spot light on espnu, one of the commentators beleive the new coach will be Mike Leach of texas Tech,  how long do you think he will last?

football17

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: tahlahog on November 28, 2007, 11:06:33 am
Espn coaches spot light on espnu, one of the commentators beleive the new coach will be Mike Leach of texas Tech,  how long do you think he will last?

Yeah, and Nutt will win the NC next year at Ole Miss.
ESPN doesn't know anything, except for maybe Schad.

hawgwilde

Hopefully not long.  I don't want a worn out Vince Gill look-alike.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

booogaga

hopefully this isnt true. we will go from one dimensional offense to another.
GO HOGS!

usnavyhogfan

The dream is free, the journey is not.

HouTxRzbck

"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

chortle

while I would never want Dale back, this would be the one hire that would REALLY disappoint me.

tahlahog

who's all for flying a banner fire coach leach?

Pissed Pig

Well last night ESPN said he (Leach) might be on the list, but he(Leach) made it clear he had his eye on UCLA.  and that Kordell was told win this weekend or you're out.  FWIW.

grayhawg

booogaga

show the report. i dont believe it. and if it is true i will vomit everywhere. we will go from running all of the time to passing all of the time. and a one trick pony is proven not to win. puke puke puke puke.
GO HOGS!

chris1973

MCheisman

please no, please don't do this. There are a lot better options out there to do this.

Pig Power

pigface

What is the "claim to fame" for Leach?   ,   beating Oklahoma with their starting quarterback on the bench.

smallmouthhog

anyone but Nutt   anyone but Nutt   now   not leach not leach   unreal

The Hawg Marshal

leach would not be a good hire. IMO. But I'll give whoever it is my full support. I owe the program that much after all we have been through.

beansandtaters

Quote from: Pissed Pig on November 28, 2007, 11:11:32 am
Well last night ESPN said he (Leach) might be on the list, but he(Leach) made it clear he had his eye on UCLA.  and that Kordell was told win this weekend or you're out.  FWIW.

Did Kordell Stewart go back to college? :)

Marshfieldhog

Leach would be better than an assistant like Pelini or venables

idochog

Leach is way down on my list of who AI would want.  He is the HDN of the Big 12, just with a passing offense
I love Jesus!

russell33

leach isnt leaving lubbock unless its for UCLA

Landonhog

Poor choice of a thread subject line...  Some guy's opinion on ESPNU is not a "report"...  Reckless use of posting privileges.

tahlahog

I was just watching the show, I am not computer savey enough to post it, but if anyone else is able to please do.

Rooka

That guy is got in the past someone call him and tell hiim we are on kiffin and TT.  Leach will go to UCLA, book it.

hawghoopster

Quote from: smallmouthhog on November 28, 2007, 11:13:37 am
anyone but Nutt   anyone but Nutt   now   not leach not leach   unreal

exactly what I was going to post.

I have said for weeks,  "be careful what you wish for"

RazorbackNutt

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: tahlahog on November 28, 2007, 11:10:52 am
who's all for flying a banner fire coach leach?

Please insert a sacrasm icon after that post..............please!

bobbybouchet

Quote from: hawgwilde on November 28, 2007, 11:07:43 am

You are correct...if you morphed Vince Gill and Phil Mickelson=Mike Leach

Rooka

Quote from: Landonhog on November 28, 2007, 11:15:03 am
Poor choice of a thread subject line...  Some guy's opinion on ESPNU is not a "report"...  Reckless use of posting privileges.
agreed, this is what so many people get worked up on, now all day we will probably here NO LEACH over and over again, because of a post like this, it was not reported, if it was reported you would see the guys on sportscenter breaking the news and on the bottom line, this is simply just someones OPINION.

WhenPigsFly

November 28, 2007, 11:18:07 am #31 Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 11:20:10 am by WhenPigsFly
Surely we can all get behind WHOEVER the new coach is, even Mike Leach.

I think a lot of us still have a big confrontation attitude left over from the season and then especially that BS of a press conference.

I have said "anyone but Nutt", and I will stick to it.  IF Leach is the best we can do for now, then so be it.

bobbybouchet

Quote from: Death by Hog on November 28, 2007, 11:15:40 am
That guy is got in the past someone call him and tell hiim we are on kiffin and TT.  Leach will go to UCLA, book it.

Oh if I had a nickel for every time someone said, "Book it".  

jry04

Quote from: booogaga on November 28, 2007, 11:08:38 am
hopefully this isnt true. we will go from one dimensional offense to another.
I don't want Leach, but his offense is amazing. Being a balanced offense doesn't mean running and throwing an equal amount. It means keeping the defense guessing. We are a balanced offense when we throw 15 or more times a game and run a lot of mis direction out of the WildHog. We keep the defense off balance and they never know if we are throwing, keeping with Darren, or reverse. Just because we don't run it 25 or 30 times and throw it 25 and 30 times doesn't mean we can't be balanced.

Leach runs a spread offense, but that doesn't mean it isn't balanced. There aren't a lot of teams that can stop his offense, but his defenses have sucked in the past.

Big_D

Quote from: hawgwilde on November 28, 2007, 11:07:43 am

Now that is just plain funny, but true

RBLtoHOG

Quote from: chortle on November 28, 2007, 11:10:16 am
while I would never want Dale back, this would be the one hire that would REALLY disappoint me.

Your sig is hilarious
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

OKhogfan1959

Not my first choice but I loved how he tore up OUs defense. He would have to have a great Defensive co ordinator though..

Kenny Dowell Loggains

If Leach comes here then we haven't upgraded... much.

bobbybouchet

I dare you to find a picture of Leach where he has a real smile on his face...this is as close as I could find.  The guy looks like he has a ton of personality...won't work here.

HOGansHero

If we had Leach would we yell..."Run the ball!"  ??? >:( ??? >:(

Hugulus Hog

Leach would be a solid hire.  We'd outscore everyone.

jrparrish

this has not been reported....why is this post not moved to the trash??

Big_D

Just his opinion and we all know what they are like , we all have one

darth sooie

I like watching leach from a distance, think he is fine at texas tech or maybe a pac 10 school but he isn't a good fit for the sec, acc or big 10. I might be the only person but i think skip holtz would be fine if the big dogs of JJ or BD turn the job down, he would be my third choice.

PigPusher

November 28, 2007, 11:25:39 am #45 Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 11:28:30 am by PigPusher

So let us get this straight.  Mr. Long is out there secretly looking for candidates and he calls ESPN and gives them some info for where it is heading.  Is that about right?  Ah, wrong!

Besides, Mike Leach is way below what we should be looking for.  Why in the heck do we always go for marginal coaches?
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Pissed Pig

jneal56

Before it was "Fire Nutt at all costs" and it happened and now people are complaining about the costs. Also people said "anyone is better than Nutt" and Leach is rumored to be hired and everyone is complaining. I think that Nutt is a good coach, I was ready for a change, Leach is not the first one I would choose but I will give him a shot. Before yall want to start flying banners to fire the new coach, why don't yall give them a few years. It makes me laugh how so many people on here can never be happy no matter what.
"At least we are moral"

tahlahog

This was the opinion of one of the commentators on espnu, this is not an official report by the u of a, much like most of the opinions posted on this sight.

bobbybouchet

Quote from: jneal56 on November 28, 2007, 11:26:50 am
Before it was "Fire Nutt at all costs" and it happened and now people are complaining about the costs. Also people said "anyone is better than Nutt" and Leach is rumored to be hired and everyone is complaining. I think that Nutt is a good coach, I was ready for a change, Leach is not the first one I would choose but I will give him a shot. Before yall want to start flying banners to fire the new coach, why don't yall give them a few years. It makes me laugh how so many people on here can never be happy no matter what.

I too will give him a shot, I'm just thinking he will be on a shorter leash than some of the other prospects.