Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

east arkansas is now

Started by LoseAnutt, November 28, 2007, 12:12:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LoseAnutt

rebel country. recruiting kids out of the delta will be a nightmare now.

Newport Hog

not really just kids we dont want!!!!

Razorhio

Ah, much like Northwest Arkansas was Hog Country for recruiting?  I won't be losing any sleep.

jesterzzn

BS.  Zimba lived in Rogers and still left.  Nutt is a great recruiter of kids that already want to come to his school.  

RazrBakr

No way!  A-state is as strong a pull as ever there.  Nutt coldn't recruit Arkansas while he was here.  Won't be any different now.  Miss schools always got our 2nd-raters...
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

Barman91

wow, a real hotbed of recruits

ark30inf

Quote from: LoseAnutt on November 28, 2007, 12:12:37 am

Hyperventilating.  No way.

redbarn

Give those kids a reason to come to the U of A to play and there will be no contest with Ole Miss or any other college. 
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

rhinohog84

November 28, 2007, 12:17:40 am #8 Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 12:20:49 am by rhinohog84
Not going to happen.  All the high school coaches didn't think much of Nutt at Fayetteville.  More kids will go to Arkansas b/c they want to be Razorbacks.  The past couple of years their coaches have told them to go elsewhere and not squander their future.

LoseAnutt

bcshog

Nutt's not a recruiter.  One word, Broderick Green.

WilsonHog

I live in northeast Arkansas, and we're not talking about a recruiting hotbed.

N HOG

Quote from: bcshog on November 28, 2007, 12:17:52 am
Nutt's not a recruiter.  One word, Broderick Green.

Technically, isn't that two words?

LoseAnutt

deangelo williams didnt wanna be a hog bad enough

WilsonHog

Quote from: LoseAnutt on November 28, 2007, 12:17:49 am
ya marcus monk sucks.

One kid?

One?

Tell me how many other Marcus Monks have been produced in the last 20 years compared to the rest our roster?

Give me a percentage breakdown.

LegsMcNone

Dammit, people, Nutt CANNOT RECRUIT. Guys like McFadden, Hillis and Monk were coming to Fayetteville regardless. The Arkansas kids who weren't as passionate about Hog football went elsewhere more often than not. He couldn't recruit Arkansas when he was at Arkansas.

Barman91

Quote from: LoseAnutt on November 28, 2007, 12:17:49 am
ya marcus monk sucks.

not from the delta.  east poinsett county my friend

Razorhio

Quote from: jesterzzn on November 28, 2007, 12:14:03 am
BS.  Zimba lived in Rogers and still left.  Nutt is a great recruiter of kids that already want to come to his school.  

Bingo.  Let's not forget Burns in Ft. Smith or Mallett in Texarkana.  Or that not a single one of the Springdale 5 was planning to come to the Hill until the Nuttster "hired" Gus.

SwinedMelon

They don't qualify at Arkansas and they won't at OM, either.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

WilsonHog

Quote from: Barman91 on November 28, 2007, 12:20:05 am

I live in the Delta, and EPC is 15 minutes from my house. 

SwinedMelon

I hope Nutt takes his fence with him. I saw a hole.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

LoseAnutt

Quote from: Barman91 on November 28, 2007, 12:20:05 am
pointsett county is in the middle of the delta. between jonesboro and wynne.

LoseAnutt

WilsonHog

November 28, 2007, 12:26:50 am #23 Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 12:29:07 am by WilsonHog
Here, let me help:

Rivercrest - Richard Brothers, Stephen Marshall, Tyrone Henry

Osceola - Mark Baker, Chris Baker, Bo Mosley

Newport - Billy Warren, Theo Young, Justin Brown

Blytheville - Ozzie Riley, Bruce Hay

Wynne - Cord Gray

Gosnell - Justin Brown

Jonesboro - Grant Cook, Zac Painter

Trumann - none

Nettleton - none

Valley View - none

Westside - none

Pocahontas - Jim Hart

Cherry Valley - Wayne Martin

Lepanto/EPC - Freddy Barnes, Marcus Monk

Marion - Jerry Franklin

West Memphis - D'Arrius Howard

That's 21 players to Arkansas in about 32 years.

N HOG

Quote from: LoseAnutt on November 28, 2007, 12:21:55 am

Well, not really -- but it is in the Delta.

Barman91

Quote from: LoseAnutt on November 28, 2007, 12:21:55 am

depends on how you define the "delta"

N HOG

Quote from: Barman91 on November 28, 2007, 12:27:12 am
depends on how you define the "delta"

I can assure you when you drive from Lepanto to Tyronza you are in the Delta.

jml

Are we really worried about this buffoon? Please, he lost the recruits who were on the fence anyway.
Put a FORK in the DORK! He's done!

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 28, 2007, 12:26:50 amWynne - Cord Gray

Also Arrion Dixon.  Was a senior in 2004.

East Arkansas will never be "rebel country", and this is coming from an East Arkansan.

Immensehog

We used to have several good recruits from the Delta.

Bradley from Barton.

Several guys from Marianna in the 80's whose names are escaping me.

Houston from Clarendon who went to Tenn.

DeAngelo from Wynne to Memphis.

Rivercrest had several, Cortez Kenndey, others whose names escape me.

Nutt has never really pulled squat from the delta.

Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Barman91

Quote from: N HOG on November 28, 2007, 12:29:32 am
I can assure you when you drive from Lepanto to Tyronza you are in the Delta.

well, not to someone who grew up in this area.  not that any of this matters worth a shiit when it comes to the hogs and being rid of hdn....

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Immensehog on November 28, 2007, 12:32:16 am

Bradley from Barton.

Not to mention Osceola's Jonathan Adams and Harold James.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Immensehog on November 28, 2007, 12:32:16 am

Bradley from Barton.

Arkansas lost Cortez Kennedy to Miami when Jimmy Johnson pulled off his national championship ring, handed it to Curt, and said, "Son, how would you like to have one of those?"   

WMHawgfan

Recruiting Arkansas is not what we need to worry about. Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana are full of talent. We need a coach who can recruit these states if we are going to compete at the level we want to be at. If you get the right coach and the right system he really won't have to recruit Arkansas, the kids will want to be hogs anyway.

CWAYHAWG

NUTT DIDN'T DO A GOOD JOB OF RECRUITING ARKANSAS WHEN HE WAS IN ARKANSAS.  GOING TO OLE MISS WON'T CHANGE THAT.  BY THE WAY READ THE ARTICLE INTO'S DEMOZETTE ON THE 19 COMMITMENTS.  ALMOST ALL OF THEM SAY THEY'RE STILL COMING TO ARK AND THE ONES THAT MIGHT REOPEN THEIR RECRUITING SAYS IT DEPENDS ON WHAT HAPPENS TO THE POSITION COACH THAT RECRUITED THEM AND WHAT COACHING STAFF WE BRING IN.  ALMOST NO ONE SAID THEY'LL NOT COME BECAUSE NUTT IS NOT HERE. 

JONATHAN ADAMS HIGHLEY RECRUITED OUT OF CAC AND COMMITTED TO USC SAID HE MIGHT RECONSIDER AND COME TO ARK IF THE NEW COACH HAS MORE WIDE OPEN OFFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY.  IN OTHER WORDS, NUTT WAS THE REASON HE WOULDN'T COME TO ARK.

ark30inf

East Arkansas has a lot of people looking.  Arkansas, Memphis, Ole Miss, Arkansas State, Tennessee, etc.  It is NOT going to become Ole Miss fortress just because Nutt went to Ole Miss.  Good grief.

Chief Mac

Quote from: CWAYHAWG on November 28, 2007, 12:51:59 am
NUTT DIDN'T DO A GOOD JOB OF RECRUITING ARKANSAS WHEN HE WAS IN ARKANSAS.  GOING TO OLE MISS WON'T CHANGE THAT.  BY THE WAY READ THE ARTICLE INTO'S DEMOZETTE ON THE 19 COMMITMENTS.  ALMOST ALL OF THEM SAY THEY'RE STILL COMING TO ARK AND THE ONES THAT MIGHT REOPEN THEIR RECRUITING SAYS IT DEPENDS ON WHAT HAPPENS TO THE POSITION COACH THAT RECRUITED THEM AND WHAT COACHING STAFF WE BRING IN.  ALMOST NO ONE SAID THEY'LL NOT COME BECAUSE NUTT IS NOT HERE. 

JONATHAN ADAMS HIGHLEY RECRUITED OUT OF CAC AND COMMITTED TO USC SAID HE MIGHT RECONSIDER AND COME TO ARK IF THE NEW COACH HAS MORE WIDE OPEN OFFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY.  IN OTHER WORDS, NUTT WAS THE REASON HE WOULDN'T COME TO ARK.

without yelling....what he said......twice over
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

humphrey

Nutt couldn't recreuit players from the delta (or any other part of the state except for LR) to come to UA, so what makes you think he will get them to come to OM? 

bartonbear

Hey, don't forget Melvin Bradley from good ole Barton. He was Danny Ford's, though.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: LegsMcNone on November 28, 2007, 12:20:02 am
Dammit, people, Nutt CANNOT RECRUIT. Guys like McFadden, Hillis and Monk were coming to Fayetteville regardless. The Arkansas kids who weren't as passionate about Hog football went elsewhere more often than not. He couldn't recruit Arkansas when he was at Arkansas.

Bingo.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Criskahta

WIlson
Quote from: WilsonHog on November 28, 2007, 12:26:50 am
Here, let me help:

Rivercrest - Richard Brothers, Stephen Marshall, Tyrone Henry

Osceola - Mark Baker, Chris Baker, Bo Mosley Add to that David Barrett

Criskahta

Randy Machoman Savage

I am from eastern arkansas and it is the armpit of the state.  Every once in a blue moon you will get a talented player like D'angelo Williams from Wynne.  Which I think he would not have made it in the SEC.

Criskahta

David Barrett-Osceola

Sorry if this reposted fifty times the post wouldnt show

Boarsnest

I live in southeast Ar, Nutt hasn't recruited here well for Ar. I know the Helm's and he screwed that one up! He has already lost players from Warren in the past. The only thing positive that I have heard this year is our High school coach says that Tim Horton calls him every couple of weeks checking on possible recruits. Nutt and company have not done that in the past!

bartonbear

I wouldn't worry about Nutt, he isn't very well respected in Eastern AR.

HoggySTruman

Quote from: WMHawgfan on November 28, 2007, 12:40:47 am
Recruiting Arkansas is not what we need to worry about. Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana are full of talent. We need a coach who can recruit these states if we are going to compete at the level we want to be at. If you get the right coach and the right system he really won't have to recruit Arkansas, the kids will want to be hogs anyway.
This is exactly correct.

TLFHAWG

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 28, 2007, 12:19:37 am
One kid?

One?

Tell me how many other Marcus Monks have been produced in the last 20 years compared to the rest our roster?

Give me a percentage breakdown.
If its one or ten, you would think UA would want the best players.  Maybe things will change now.  Maybe our new coach will recruit the entire state.

arkrzrbacks

Not sure where you got your info, but Stuttgart and Dewitt love the hogs. Just didn't love Nutt, so crawl back across the Mississipi river and kiss up there.

jep_hog_fan

whatever