Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Ole Miss beat Arkansas next year?

Started by H-O-double g, November 27, 2007, 11:58:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

revolution

We're going to whip Miss. and Houston's arse with regularity.  We win next year in Fayetteville!  He may win 2 out of the next 10 if he gets them Rebels fired up!  Houston can't coach.  He can occasionally motivate.  His schtick will wear thin fairly quickly.

If Houston has learned anything over the least couple of years at Arkansas, he'll take David Lee with him to Ole Miss and turn him loose.  If the Nuttless One re-takes control of the offense, no one can help the Rebs. 

Here's to hoping Hootie is his own offensive coordinator!  And to David Lee - thanks for what you were able to do.  You proved you know something about football.  Just imagine what you could do without Hootie's shackles.

vinnieg

Well, if it wasn't about dollars then they would play more than two football games in War Memorial because of the centralization and the crowd support. Like you stated, our basketball was better in Barnhill, the football is better in "The Rock".

Look, I was a big Nutt fan until everything broke like it did with the Springdale crew. I do not blame Nutt entirely, but I think he deserves alot of the blame. I was 50/50 on whether he should go or not before and after the LSU game. But I remember what it was like before he got here and I have been a "real fan" for years. I remember many heartaches, Clint's fumble, Atwater's dropped interception against Miami, and all the absolute screwings we got in the SWC. I will support the Razorbacks and will root for them no matter who they play or who the new coach is. I just do not like how some of the "real fans" have treated Nutt by flying the banners and wearing the shirts at the games. If you didn't like Nutt fine, but they needed to support the Razorback program and players, especially during the games. All that the negative crap does is hurt the program and create a national view of we are a bunch of idiots. If you do not believe me, listen to the national media. If you do not think that they matter, try a field a football team with only in-state players.

LTHogCaller2020

Quote from: jtw109 on November 27, 2007, 12:04:29 pm
haha i love how ppl here are going to blame nutt when butt beats arkansas.  good coaches should be able to overcome good recruiting by other schools...at least i thought we wanted one that could..guess we are gonna make up excuses for the new head coach already!  

So what would our record be next year if Nutt was coach? IMO it would be the absolute worst team returning that he has ever had assuming DMAC and Jones leave, and he already has a 6, 5, and 4 win season to his credit.  The next two years will also be a tougher schedule than I can ever remember us having.  So again, I ask how many wins can we expect out of any coach?  Vince Lombardi may not could get to a bowl with our returning team and our schedule next year.  Also, don't you think this might have made it easier for Nutt to leave, I mean other than the 3.5 million.  He has outplayed the UA at every turn all the way up to yesterday.  He was going to bail before the season ever began.  The team we have to put on the field next year will prove it.

BroyledNutts

We already know what his plays will be....man, I just can't believe the number of whiny huggers on Hogville today acting like the sky just fell on us....

where's your "let's get behind our team" speech now? huh?

Hogs win....in spite of you.....

311Hog

Quote from: vinnieg on November 27, 2007, 03:30:23 pm
Well, if it wasn't about dollars then they would play more than two football games in War Memorial because of the centralization and the crowd support. Like you stated, our basketball was better in Barnhill, the football is better in "The Rock".

Look, I was a big Nutt fan until everything broke like it did with the Springdale crew. I do not blame Nutt entirely, but I think he deserves alot of the blame. I was 50/50 on whether he should go or not before and after the LSU game. But I remember what it was like before he got here and I have been a "real fan" for years. I remember many heartaches, Clint's fumble, Atwater's dropped interception against Miami, and all the absolute screwings we got in the SWC. I will support the Razorbacks and will root for them no matter who they play or who the new coach is. I just do not like how some of the "real fans" have treated Nutt by flying the banners and wearing the shirts at the games. If you didn't like Nutt fine, but they needed to support the Razorback program and players, especially during the games. All that the negative crap does is hurt the program and create a national view of we are a bunch of idiots. If you do not believe me, listen to the national media. If you do not think that they matter, try a field a football team with only in-state players.

Dont you realize that Nutt would have been the head coach here F O R E V E R, if fans hadnt taken it into their own hands and made their feelings heard?

Seriously does the prospect of losing to Kentucky, and Alabama, yet beating the number 1 team in the country on the road, and prepetuatlly being a a mediocre team really make you happy?

I mean i honestly am willing to risk losing, if it means a shot at being something "more" then mediocre.

vinnieg

Just like the Hogs have won in the past despite of you........

311Hog

Dont you realize that Nutt would have been the head coach here F O R E V E R, if fans hadnt taken it into their own hands and made their feelings heard?

Seriously does the prospect of losing to Kentucky, and Alabama, yet beating the number 1 team in the country on the road, and prepetuatlly being a a mediocre team really make you happy?

I mean i honestly am willing to risk losing, if it means a shot at being something "more" then mediocre.

311Hog

311Hog

vinnieg

Just like the Hogs won in the past despite of you.........

vinnieg

Just like the Hogs have won the in the past years in spite of you...

gettinpiggywithit

I, for one, feel sorry for Snead in this situation.  He transfers to a school only to find out that the quarterback killer Houston Nutt is hired as coach.  So much for Snead developing any further.
Let those who do, do. Let those who spew, spew.

ballhogger14u

the funny thing is Snead transfered to ole miss to run the spread offense they told him they were going to run,  this is the mustain situation all over again for nutt, his wife better go ahead and get that 2x4 out she is going to need it when snead has to hand off 50 times a game

Five-O-One

We're going to win the national championship next year. Go Hogs!
The trouble with troubleshooting is ... sometimes trouble shoots back!!! -Armin Meier

razorrog1

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on November 27, 2007, 12:05:33 pm

We use to OWN that state, I bet we lose to BOTH Mississippi schools next year.  BOOK IT!
Hugger.

vinnieg

November 27, 2007, 03:56:42 pm #65 Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 04:07:32 pm by vinnieg
I do not think he would have been the coach for much longer if he did not produce. But, unlike everyone on this topic, I think Nutt should be given credit for improving our program.

I hope that we hire the best coach ever and win a couple of national championships in the next 10 years. Even saying that, it will not make my opinion wrong because I am not backing Nutt I am just giving a man credit were it was do.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ballhogger14u on November 27, 2007, 03:51:50 pm
the funny thing is Snead transfered to ole miss to run the spread offense they told him they were going to run,  this is the mustain situation all over again for nutt, his wife better go ahead and get that 2x4 out she is going to need it when snead has to hand off 50 times a game

Is there a Lowes in Oxford?     I do feel bad for Snead...I hate for any college kid's dream to get stomped....

Hog in MO

I think the only reason Hootie took that job is so he could beat us like a drum next year.  Why the hell else would anyone go to Ole Piss?  think about it - no Dmac, no Felix, No Hillis or Monk - no Defensive backfield.  Orgeron is an idiot but somehow he recruited a hell of a lot of talent down there to Oxford. Does this remind anyone of a similar situation 10 years ago?  It ought to.

budcampbellfan

In the first year of nut, I hope  their quarterback stumbles and fumbles the ball while trying to balance himself on it toward the end of the game.  Also, maybe they could snap the ball over the punter's or fg kicker's head a couple of times.  That would help with the lack of talent he left us with.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

BroyledNutts

November 27, 2007, 05:15:25 pm #70 Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 05:16:56 pm by BroyledNutts
It's still Houston Nutt...Mr. "snatch-defeat-out-of-the-jaws-of-victory".....

Orgeron recruited some kids to Ole Miss...OK....why were those kids 0-8 in SEC? I'll concede that we will not be as stacked offensively in '08 as we've been over the past couple of years....but good grief, it's still Ole Miss....

hogfan47

Quote from: H-O-double g on November 27, 2007, 11:58:41 am
Nutt walks into an Ole Miss team that has had back to back good recruiting classes by Orgeron. Plus, Texas transfer Snead will be elgible at QB next year. He leaves Arkansas with not much coming back.

However, Nutt doesn't win too many SEC games in Razorback Reynolds Stadium  ;D

My guess is that it all depends on who Arkansas hires .
If it is a no name up n comer yea Nutt will hand the Hogs there hat.
If it is a big name coach NO WAY IN HELL
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

ExiledHog

Ole Miss is as lacking in talent right now, if not more so, than we will be next year.

As far as this years recruiting, how many Mississippi kids are going to choose Dale & Ole Miss over Sylvester & the resurgent MS. State program.

Nutt couldn't keep the best kids in a one SEC team state. What makes anyone think he can do it in MS. He very well could return them to mediocrity, and not beyond, but even that will take him awhile.

311Hog

Quote from: ExiledHog on November 27, 2007, 05:26:24 pm
Ole Miss is as lacking in talent right now, if not more so, than we will be next year.

As far as this years recruiting, how many Mississippi kids are going to choose Dale & Ole Miss over Sylvester & the resurgent MS. State program.

Nutt couldn't keep the best kids in a one SEC team state. What makes anyone think he can do it in MS. He very well could return them to mediocrity, and not beyond, but even that will take him awhile.

Ding ding ding

Nutt is going to find out real fast what it is like to try and compete against an INSTATE RIVAL for recruits.