Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Ole Miss beat Arkansas next year?

Started by H-O-double g, November 27, 2007, 11:58:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-double g

Nutt walks into an Ole Miss team that has had back to back good recruiting classes by Orgeron. Plus, Texas transfer Snead will be elgible at QB next year. He leaves Arkansas with not much coming back.

However, Nutt doesn't win too many SEC games in Razorback Reynolds Stadium  ;D

BassinHawg

No, but it will be close in the 4th Quarter though.  LOL!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

B-Ross2417

jtw109

haha i love how ppl here are going to blame nutt when butt beats arkansas.  good coaches should be able to overcome good recruiting by other schools...at least i thought we wanted one that could..guess we are gonna make up excuses for the new head coach already!  

AFWarrior83

Quote from: B-Ross2417 on November 27, 2007, 12:01:44 pm
Nah, we OWN the state of Mississippi....

We use to OWN that state, I bet we lose to BOTH Mississippi schools next year.  BOOK IT!
Hogville member since 2005.

HoggySTruman

BartIV

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

diamondheadhog

Quote from: Carrmaduke on November 27, 2007, 12:09:14 pm
I'm sure Nutt gets the blame either way.

ditto....But, since Nutt can't Coach even with talent, shouldn't our new hire be able to beat Nutt simply by out-coaching him?

stchane

I would bet that we do lose.  I'm expecting 3-9, at best a 4-8 season next year.  We should win some non-conference games and possibly 1 SEC game.  Hopefully this one will be it, but I doubt it.  Him taking over at Ole Miss is close to the same situation he walked into at Arkansas in 1997. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

Semper Hogelis

I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

PORKER1

Get someone in here that can coach and recruit and Nuttball will never beat us. He's coming back to RRS next year. I wonder if he'll try to run his  OLE MISS team thru the big A?

DEVICEHIGH

Ole Miss vs Arkansas will be more fun now!

Go Hogs!
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Piggy Smalls

We lose to them next year. Nutt flys a plane over RRS that say thanks for the $$$.

hogs7199

He will beat Arkansas next year and most years after that.  When our football coaching search heads down the same path that our basketball search did, we will be looking at crowe,ford,kines all over again.  We will be Ole Miss' and Miss. State's b!tches for the time being.

Piggy Smalls

Quote from: hogs7199 on November 27, 2007, 12:28:34 pm
He will beat Arkansas next year and most years after that.  When our football coaching search heads down the same path that our basketball search did, we will be looking at crowe,ford,kines all over again.  We will be Ole Miss' and Miss. State's b!tches for the time being.
Boll Weevils of the SEC

HawgWyld

Quote from: hogs7199 on November 27, 2007, 12:28:34 pm
Just stop it. The great thing about this while deal is Arkansas finally has something it has lacked in the SEC -- an honest-to-goodness rival. If Nutt can work his "magic" and transform that team from downright terrible to fair-to-middling, then the Ole Miss game will be even more fun.

It's a great day to be a Razorbacks fan, folks. The team ruined LSU's chances at a national championship last week, fans can rally behind a new coach and a rivalry that has been dormant for ages may be rekindled next season. Fun, fun.

missippihog

This is the worst thing that could have happened for me. Now I have to listen to both the OM people and those on here. Do our division opponents really need any added incentive to want to beat us. Ole Piss does now. I hope we continue our dominance over them but I am worried.

TruthHog

I'm not worried about those redneck losers or their nailchewing football coach. F Nutt, F mississippi. WPS
Calmer than you are.

Pigonometry

Yes, and you'll all be griping about it because you say we should never lose to Ole Miss.
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

HOGSWEAT

Guys its nothing to freak out about... if we lose to Ole Miss next year, that doesnt mean Houston Nutt is a better coach. We are completely rebuilding next year and would be lucky to win 5 games. Houston just walked into loads of talent over at Ole Miss...and they are certainly on the rise

Adam Stokes

I think so.  A lot of people hate Nutt too much to realize what a good situation he's coming to at Ole Miss and what a bad situation we have here in Arkansas.  Next two years belong to Ole Miss.  After that, Nutt goes back into mediocrity and we go back on top.  Next year ain't gonna be pretty, regardless of who the coach is.

Mark Martin Fan

The better question is: Will Nutt have a better SEC record in the next 5 years at Ole Miss than Arkansas will have in the next 5 years?  If Ole Miss does, will all those who wanted him gone admit that maybe we had it better than perceived?...Nah, they will blame Long for hiring the wrong coach to replace Nutt.

It should be interesting to see how things go over the next few years...and it will depend on who is hired.
Hog Fan for Life!!!!

Hogtropolis™

I'm not sure this far in advance, but I will be willing to bet that it will be a lot closer game than the past two season's games against Ole Miss.

ballhog88

Flying that banner would be funny, Thanks for the Money!

vinnieg

I say we lose next year and the next few years, especially if we do not make the right hire!!!

311Hog

some of you people absolutely astound me with your football stupidity.

Seriously do you think Ole Miss which hasnt WON SHIET in years, will beat anyone because NUTTER BUTTER is now their coach?

What exactly is Nutt going to do with Jevon Snead to make him this great Qb? like all the other "great" QB's Nutt has "groomed" right? Exactly

Nutt doesnt have a snowballs chance in Hell of doing anything but avg. at Ole Miss.

And depending on who we hire and what our recruits turn out to be, we maybe bad next year but if we hire the right person and clean up this mess of a situation and do things the right way i have faith things will work out.

vinnieg

Yeah, and your stupidity level must be a little higher considering that you must not remember what Arkansas did before Nutt got here? If you don't remember, we REALLY didn't win crap!!!

Michaelt

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

spudhog

Quote from: H-O-double g on November 27, 2007, 11:58:41 am
Nutt walks into an Ole Miss team that has had back to back good recruiting classes by Orgeron. Plus, Texas transfer Snead will be elgible at QB next year. He leaves Arkansas with not much coming back.

However, Nutt doesn't win too many SEC games in Razorback Reynolds Stadium  ;D

with 70,000 plus knowing where each ole miss play is going. it would be his best coaching job ever.

311Hog

Quote from: vinnieg on November 27, 2007, 01:31:46 pm
Yeah, and your stupidity level must be a little higher considering that you must not remember what Arkansas did before Nutt got here? If you don't remember, we REALLY didn't win crap!!!

You obviously arent a real Razorback, if you think the Hill even REMOTELY RESEMBLES WHAT IT WAS TEN YEARS AGO. FOR CHRIST SAKE THE STADIUM DIDNT EVEN HAVE LIGHTS !

We are so far removed from what we were 15 years ago it isnt even funny. SHiet man OPEN YOUR F"ING EYES college football as a whole is a mear shell of what it once was.

No one not even Pete Carroll is going to step foot on a loser program campus like Ole Miss and all of the sudden turn them into a national Title contender.

And where in that thick head of yours did Houston Nutt do that? Nutt hasnt EVER WON A REAL CHAMPIONSHIP ON ANY LEVEL. He will take his shtick of rah rah crap to Ole Miss and those ppl will look at him like he is retarded, because he isnt a "native son" Ole miss isnt his "dream job" but he will try his reverend crap there and when they see he has ABSOLUTELY NO ASSEMBLANCE OF A FOOTBALL STRATEGY, they will be looking for another head coach in 3 years.

tdustman93

November 27, 2007, 01:39:21 pm #34 Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:43:47 pm by tdustman93
any coach thats better than nutt and we will in better

311Hog ur words say the truth of what is happening

GOOOOOOOO HOGS :razorback:!!!!

DeltaBoy

No it will be just like the OK State game when Houston was the Cowboys QB they will make us sweat but we win in the End.

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoggchadder

i hope like hell we beat the rebels next year and many years to come. with that said i can see it already, if we win it will be said "i told you so" if we lose it will be "he left the cupboard bare", i've already seen it on here... i will tell you this though, if coach nutt gets a chance he will run the score up as high as he can,  like I said I hope it doesnt happen... but watch out

Modsquad24

there is absolutely no way of knowing this right now lol, we dont know which recruits will stay or go, we dont know if there will be any transfers and more importantly we dont even know who our coach would be, so who the heck knows at this point.

311Hog

Quote from: Modsquad24 on November 27, 2007, 01:44:07 pm
there is absolutely no way of knowing this right now lol, we dont know which recruits will stay or go, we dont know if there will be any transfers and more importantly we dont even know who our coach would be, so who the heck knows at this point.

this is true, but

I ask you does Ole Miss have a "Dmac" or a "Matt Jones" type player on their team or on the way?

Because if they dont then Nutt cant win. 

Trottsky

Isn't it great. We're already getting pre-spin about a game that won't be played for nearly a year. It's like the pre-crimes unit in that Philip K. Dick (yes, henhhenh, he said Dick) novel, Minority Report.

It's a long time till Marse Nutt sounds his first Rebel Yell in RRS. Who knows what will happen between now and then, much less during the game.

vinnieg

I assume you mean since Nutt did not win a National Championship or a SEC Title Game he was a failure? I will agree he did not, but when he got here we had gone through numerous losing seasons. I just wish we had all known all we needed was to renovate the stadium for us to start winning games again. Man, if it was that easy why didn't we hire someone and pay them minimum wage since it was a piece of cake job? And why did we wait so long to renovate, we cost ourselves several victories.

lockmaster

311Hog

Quote from: vinnieg on November 27, 2007, 02:48:17 pm
I assume you mean since Nutt did not win a National Championship or a SEC Title Game he was a failure? I will agree he did not, but when he got here we had gone through numerous losing seasons. I just wish we had all known all we needed was to renovate the stadium for us to start winning games again. Man, if it was that easy why didn't we hire someone and pay them minimum wage since it was a piece of cake job? And why did we wait so long to renovate, we cost ourselves several victories.

How many times have you been to Fayetteville? because it sounds like you havent been in upwards of 10 years +

Because A    L    O     T   has changed around here since Nutt arrived, and almost all of it has NOTHING TO DO WITH NUTT, but is has everything to do with why our expectations THEN, are not our expectations NOW.

It is no secret we were not prepared for the SEC when we joined, in any way shape or form, we are now in all ways except for a REAL FOOTBALL COACH, not a preacher.

vinnieg

So you don't think the changes have a direct correlation to us starting to win again 10 years ago? I think if we had continued on the path we were on there is no way that we have the facilities that we have now. For example, don't you find it interesting when Bud Walton was built. It sure wasn't during the lean years.

razorbackfootballgirl

If we don't win a game all year in 2008, we have to make sure we beat the fire out of Ole Miss next year! 

centarkswine

311Hog

Quote from: vinnieg on November 27, 2007, 02:58:39 pm
So you don't think the changes have a direct correlation to us starting to win again 10 years ago? I think if we had continued on the path we were on there is no way that we have the facilities that we have now. For example, don't you find it interesting when Bud Walton was built. It sure wasn't during the lean years.

Yeah but alot of people myself included feel that Bud Walton has hurt our program in terms of bringing in people who arent "real fans". They are just walking $'s created to fund the beast. Our basketball was better in the Barn.

I think alot of things have factored into this "new attitude", the new highway, the new airport, the growth of several GLOBAL businesses, the innovations in communications, the "parity" of talent across the board, the growth of high school programs within the state.

Just to name a few off the top of my head, Houston Nutt represented a person who most people believed actually cared about the state, the program, and about winning. And at first all those things were true, but after awhile it turned more to Houston Nutt cared for him and his, and everyone and everything else could take a flying leap off a short peer.

And anyone with eyes knows these things to be true, there are entire buildings being built up here to house all the closets full of skeletons from shady actions done for the sake of the "program", long ago the PTB abandoned the idea of trying to be the "best" and figured out it was more "profitable" for themselves if they were just "good enough".

But finally like all things there are enough dissatisfied customers, and the inmates are finally taking over from the carpetbaggers.

NoMoreNutt

Sadly enough... I think Nutt will beat Arkansas next year... I say we go 4-8 next year... Long season kids... be patient with our new coach
"Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig!"- Al Swearengen

kmoore

Beats us BAD!!!!!!!!!!U know what he can do with other recruits! (See Nutt's 1st yr. at UA)Ed had 2 top notch recruiting classes the past 2 years.
GO HOGS!!!!!

311Hog

Quote from: NoMoreNutt on November 27, 2007, 03:12:16 pm
Sadly enough... I think Nutt will beat Arkansas next year... I say we go 4-8 next year... Long season kids... be patient with our new coach

Rofl i honestly cannot for the life of me figure out how some of you can even think this would be possible.  What exactly is going to turn Ole Miss into a winner ? the arrival of Hooten "Smoke Draw" Nuttless ?

give me a break.